Sign in to follow this  
MigratingToast

Columbus Blue Jackets Jersey Concept

Hello all! Today I bring a new concept to you. This time for the Columbus Blue Jackets. I wanted to try something kind of out there for this one so I tried a square yoke with angular stripes. I used the light blue from the Columbus thirds and used it as an accent color. Comments and CC are greatly appreciated!

Also thanks to MrWonka for his sexy template.

CBJ Concept Front

E4CewhM.jpg

CBJ Concept Back

l7ITssW.jpg

Nice jersey all around, my only complaint would be that the number on the back is too low, make that higher and it would look better.

I don't like the light blue collar. I think it looks good around the sleeve stripes and numbers, but I think the collar needs to be navy. I do like the angular sleeve stripes, though.

I don't like the light blue collar. I think it looks good around the sleeve stripes and numbers, but I think the collar needs to be navy. I do like the angular sleeve stripes, though.

I think it just needs a better color balance. The lighter blue stroke/piping is so small that it is barely visible, which makes the collar look more out-of-place and jarring.

Here is a version with larger piping around the stripes. Do we like this more? I'm on the fence.

Q4Wh7A4.jpg

It looks better, but what would really tie it together is if the grey in the logo was the same lighter blue. Otherwise the grey and blue are competing with each other a bit. It makes the lighter blue look like it is slapped on.

Here is the jersey with the grey taken out and substituted with the light blue. I like it in the stars I'm not sure about blue as the key for the whole shape.

QbMwfYh.jpg

I would lighten the blue. They look too close right now. From a distance they would just blur together.

The logo looks better with grey highlights as opposed to light blue... What if the sleeve cuffs were entirely light blue? Might look sharp

I would ditch the lighter blue, it doesn't fit well with the navy, red and silver. Make the collar either red or navy, change the outer piping of the arm stripes to silver, and add hem striping, and this will turn into a solid concept.