Hand-Drawn Basketball Drawings - Jacksonville Stampede (21/32)

TheGiantsFan

Looks like there's no feedback for the Ments, so I'll get right on posting with the next team...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight, I have for you guys the third team from the Northwest Division, the Henderson 65ers!

Jerseys:

14940175704_a6f96ba8d0_c.jpg

In the simplest of words, the 65ers are a hybrid between the Philadelphia 76ers and the Golden State Warriors. The name comes from the year the Republic of Los Altos was officially founded as a country independent from Great Britain, in 1765. The six stars represent the six states that consisted the Alton Republic that preceded the Republic of Los Altos. Lots of history with this one, indeed. The colors of orange and green (with some white) are the colors of the Los Altos flag, minus gold.

As for the uniforms themselves, I went with the Warriors approach with putting the numbers inside the roundel logo in the middle of the jersey. The "Henderson" wordmark is in there, I assure you, it's just hidden in the logo because of the lack of good contrast with my colored pencils.

Court:

15374312529_e7026e866a_c.jpg

Gilbert Stevens Memorial Coliseum features a fairly simplistic court for the 65ers. Orange and green are distributed evenly throughout the court, and the primary logo is featured in center court. The six stars from the logo are featured on one sideline (like the Washington Wizards court) and the website (65ers.com) and the Twitter handle (@65ers) are on the other sideline.

That's it for tonight, guys! Hoping to get more feedback this time, but for now, enjoy!

~ Daryl

PS: I have updated the league map on the first page to add a few teams to the map.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a fan of the Ments barber pole design, and the usage of having the logo on the front of the 65'ers is pretty great.

Thank you! That barber pole design that you talk about is supposed to be based off of the little stripe designs on a breathmint, but I guess you could also interpret it as a barber pole. As for the logo on the 65ers, the Warriors pull it off really well, so I guess I would translate it into my league.

----------------------------------------------------

Today, I have for you all the last team in the Northwest Conference: the Santiago Bay Diablos.

Jerseys:

15581595006_c328df183b_c.jpg

The logos (especially the primary) are inspired by the reincarnation of the Charlotte Hornets. Although the official team name is the Santiago Bay Diablos (Spanish for "devils"), the logo portrays it as the Diablos of Santiago Bay. The primary logo also is a two-tone logo with one half being orange and the other being red; however, that is not the case with the secondary logo.

As for the uniforms, a devil's trident serves as the side stripes on the jerseys. Otherwise, the jerseys are fairly self-explanatory.

Court:

15419126688_67cdbb38db_c.jpg

The court greatly features orange and red. The trident from the secondary logo serves as the center court logo and the website (sbdiablos.com) and Twitter handle (@diablos) are on the sidelines.

EDIT 11/19: Here's the revised Diablos set, having added a "blackout" alt as requested by mamiller99.

15210453714_78590721c7_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely a fan of the modernness of the look. A Blackout alt would be cool as well.

Thank you! Maybe a tweak of the Diablos set to include a "Blackout" alt could be in consideration. Thanks for the suggestion!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I haven't had anything new in a while, mostly because of a bit of artist's block in my part. So I've decided to ask you all for suggestions as to what to do for the next two teams, the Birmingham Rhinos and the Princeton Kings.

For the Rhinos, I'm thinking a black and silver color scheme, but I'm not really too sure about how to execute that concept.

As for the Kings, I'm kinda struggling to figure out a "royal" identity while avoiding the cliche "crown over the letter" look, which the Princeton baseball team already uses, and a gold-and-dark blue color scheme.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

~ Daryl

Welp. No replies yet. I'm honestly getting a bit worried about the waning interest in this thread... :/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

With that said, here's the next team, the Princeton Kings!

Jerseys:

15722398095_6f86520397_c.jpg

After I was struggling a bit with ideas, I decided to settle with a "hollow" crown logo, with a very simple gold-and-white color scheme. The secondary logo is pretty much the same thing as the primary logo, minus the wordmarks and the basketballs on top of the crown.

As for the uniforms, I tried to evoke a style similar to that seen on royalty, especially in the stripes on the top parts of the jersey. The number font used is the Cincinnati Reds number font, which I found very appropriate with the font style I chose for the wordmarks. The alternate jersey keeps the striping (which has a sublimated crown!) of a popular former home jersey during the mid-2000s.

Court:

15720475631_02425448e2_c.jpg

The classy, gold-and-white simplicity of the uniforms carry over to the court seen in Roddlesdale's Center (Roddelsdale's is a fictional department store in my country that's in the same league as Macy's). The only logo on the court is the secondary logo at center court. And then a full "Princeton Kings" wordmark is seen on the baselines and the website and Twitter handle are on the sidelines.

Hoping to get a bit more feedback here!

~ Daryl

There is definitely interest.

For the Rhinos, I like black and silver (or even black and white if you like lame symbolism as much as I do-- the two species of African rhinoceroses are the black rhino and the white rhino). For their identity, I think you should incorporate bold, swooping, slightly curved lines ending in points to evoke the shape of the horn in an abstract way. Kind of like this:

32662_EMqLkcyS8jF7vJoiVc2vU5eOS.jpg

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

Very clean look. I like the simplicity of the set, it reads very vintage to me. I'm also a fan of the yokes on your home and away jerseys, I'd give this thread a little more time to develop before expecting huge amounts of response. Please keep up the good work!

That's what- She

• 2 weeks later...

There is definitely interest.

For the Rhinos, I like black and silver (or even black and white if you like lame symbolism as much as I do-- the two species of African rhinoceroses are the black rhino and the white rhino). For their identity, I think you should incorporate bold, swooping, slightly curved lines ending in points to evoke the shape of the horn in an abstract way. Kind of like this:

32662_EMqLkcyS8jF7vJoiVc2vU5eOS.jpg

Thank you for the suggestion, Veras! I've been sketching out ideas for the Rhinos, and they sure have revolved around that abstract rhino picture. And I will be incorporating some black/white color scheme with maybe some gray.

Very clean look. I like the simplicity of the set, it reads very vintage to me. I'm also a fan of the yokes on your home and away jerseys, I'd give this thread a little more time to develop before expecting huge amounts of response. Please keep up the good work!

Thank you for your support as always; I've always appreciated it! As for the yokes on the Princeton jerseys, they're inspired by clothing designs I've seen worn on shoulders by royalty, so that adds to the whole "Kings" theme.

The logo set on the Kings are beautiful.

Thank you, sir!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I have for you guys the third team in the Southern Conference's Colonial Division: the Montgold Streamers!

Jerseys:

15205268793_9cbba0469a_c.jpg

The theme of a flowing river is very evident in the Streamers' identity, especially through the wide usage of the font Lithos. The colors are light blue, representing the river, green, representing the hills and mountains of the area, and gold, which gave the city of Montgold its name as a result of its abundance. A wavy striping design is seen on the sides of all the jerseys. Also included is a throwback alternate from the 1990s, with it's extraordinary light blue, wavy pinstripes on a yellow base.

Court:

15639854390_ef05ab5ab3_c.jpg

1Step Arena has bold, bright colors and stripes, which kinda reminded me of the old Bucks courts when they played in the Mecca. The wood is two-toned and the secondary logo appears both at center court and inside the 3-point area.

That's all for the Streamers, but before I close this post, I have added a "blackout" alt to the Santiago Bay Diablos set, as requested by mamiller99.

15210453714_78590721c7_c.jpg

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

The Diablos blackout alternate is great, and the wavy stripes on the Streamers throwback is very clever. It reminds me a bit of the old pinstriped Pacers alternate.

Love the Blackout set! And the throwback alt is a beauty for the Steamers. I can just hear hecklers and mean sports fan saying,"My team dropped a steamer on the Steamers!" Either way, I enjoy this set.

I like the throwback alt for the Streamers.

Glad y'all liked them! I'm honestly surprised at all the praise for the Streamers throwback alt, as I myself thought that it was pretty horrendous, but y'all say otherwise, so thank you!

As for heckling calls, mamiller99, knock yourself out making them for my league! Haha...

A couple team names that I'd like to request are: Foresters, Racers ( some kind of racing type of name ) Storm, or Emperors, all in the Philadelphia Phillies font. Thanks!

Thank you for your suggestions! As I have begun to reach the point in which I get writer's block in naming teams, I very much appreciate the suggestions! I'l try to deliver most of those team names, but I can't guarantee the Phillies font on probably any of them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I have for y'all the last team in the Colonial Division: the Birmingham Rhinos!

Jerseys:

15899736642_759e182933_c.jpg

The Rhinos have a fairly simplistic look, kinda like a hybrid of the Brooklyn Nets and the San Antonio Spurs. The rhino shape in the logos is inspired by the abstract rhino shown to me by Veras. The name. as well as the black and gray color scheme of, the Rhinos comes from a nickname for the industrial Birmingham during the 1700s (and today) as the "Rhinoceros of Los Altos" and also reflects the hardworking factory workers.

As for the jerseys, the home and the road incorporate striping patterns that have sublimated "rhino skin", which I used a diamond pattern for, on the sides, while the alternate gray jersey uses the "rhino skin" on the entire jersey. This was inspired by several Nets concepts I've seen on here, mostly SFGiants58's Brooklyn Nets concept.

Court:

15278127274_5876bf4bef_c.jpg

Lapston Arena has a fairly simple gray court with an off-center "Rhinos" wordmark on the baselines and a mirror of the website (BIRrhinos.com) and the Twitter handle (@BIRrhinos) on the sidelines. The pattern on the court matches the "rhino skin" motif seen on the jerseys. The free-throw area is unpainted. The secondary logo is the only logo on the court, taking stage at center court.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

Love the black-gray combo. Thanks again for responding to my post

Thank you; glad you liked it! And just to show how I try as much as possible to incorporate any feedback I could get.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No other replies for the Rhinos, so I'll get right on with the next team: the Ralph Cutters!

Jerseys:

15941019301_8ed5d45cae_c.jpg

First thing's first is the name. The Cutters that this team refers to is a type of sleigh or a log cutter - both of which are common in the mountainous, forested areas in which the city of Ralph is located in - and not suicidal people. As a result of that possibly negative connotation for the Cutters name, the management has decided to give the name the Chief Wahoo treatment and relegate it to alt jerseys. And since the Cutters is a team rooted in tradition, changing the name is pretty much impossible.

With that controversy cleared up, I go to the actual logo and jersey set. The logos are angled as such as to represent a cutter, with its curvy front, going down a hill. The primary logo also serves as a sort of combination of eras, combining the old "Cutters" script with the newer-style wordmarks, as seen in "Ralph". The colors are mahogany (to represent the color of a sleigh), brown (to represent the trunks of the area's many pines), and sand.

The jerseys are fairly simple, with the city name displayed on the primary jerseys and the team name downgraded to alternate status. A custom, old-timey font is used as a number font. The striping pattern on the shorts is such as to represent the roots of a tree spreading throughout the ground. A throwback cream alt is also included, using the script logo seen on the primary logo.

Court:

15755689950_0a9cf1d29e_c.jpg

Icon Center (Icon is a major cell-phone company in Los Altos) has a fairly simple, two-toned court design. The de-emphasization of the "Cutters" name is also seen on the court, with the "R" tertiary logo on center court and "Ralph" wordmarks on the baselines. However, the "C" secondary logo does appear in both three-point areas, And then on the sideline are the Cutters' website (ralphcutters.com) and Twitter handle (@cuttersbball).

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

Nice job. I like the simplicity of it.

Thank you, sir! Did that to show how classic these uniforms are...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what it is, huh? Black and yellow, black and yellow!

Okay, it ain't the Steelers, but it's surely our next team, the Windport City Estrellas of the Heartland Division!

Jerseys:

15358829274_bbe92f1acd_c.jpg

First of all, the name. It pays homage to both the area's Spanish heritage (Windport City was founded by the Spanish in 1623 as Puerto Viento) as well as the area's involvement in the Los Altos space program. The colors black and yellow were chosen by my friends as those colors were the first to come up when they thought of stars.

The logos involve stars and letters matching the shape of the star, thus explaining the Metallica-esque wordmarks. The star motif also appears in the striping on the sides of these jerseys. I used the Charlotte Hornets number font for the Estrellas.

As for the jerseys themselves, they follow a fairly simple template. As for the second alt jersey, it is inspired by the (in my opinion) fairly unique gray San Antonio Spurs alternate jerseys.

Court:

15361477483_e2237a4ac7_c.jpg

First of all, an A's fan friend of mine named this. He suggested O.co, and I decided that it was only brilliant to combine that abbreviated company name and "Court", so that happened. The wood on the court is of a fairly unique color, mostly from my failed efforts at lightening up a dark color. The full "Windport City Estrellas" wordmark appears on the baseline, a la Minnesota Timberwolves in their current court. The secondary logo takes center court while the "WPC" monogram logo occupies the 3-point areas. On one sideline is the website (estrellas.com) and Twitter handle (@estrellas), while the other shows the Estrellas' slogan, "Star Power."

Before I close this post, I've gotten to that point where I'm dry in terms of naming teams and stadiums and whatnot. This time, I'd like to request any name that I could use for any of my plains cities, in areas with vast farmlands and the like. Also, I'd be open to any naming rights for any stadiums!

Enjoy and I hope to see more feedback!

~ Daryl

Archived