Hand-Drawn Basketball Drawings - Jacksonville Stampede (21/32)

TheGiantsFan

I'm glad you like the Radicals. I know that you only asked for colors, but the identity that came to mind for me was anarchy themed. Red and black with a touch of silver or white, and a logo that is a play on the A in a circle.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well now, Alcea City was rural AND English, that makes it easier.

Alcea City Pioneers- Still kinda in the middle of nowhere, and early pioneers were English

Alcea City Royals- Imperialistic English name

Alcea City Lions- English national animal

Alcea City Bulldogs- Another English animal

That'd be a fairly easy way to think of Alcea City-rural and English. I personally like the Pioneers for Alcea City, while I could save Royals and Lions for some southern team. What color suggestions would you have for the Pioneers? I'm envisioning something incorporating brown in the identity. Thanks as always!

I'm glad you like the Radicals. I know that you only asked for colors, but the identity that came to mind for me was anarchy themed. Red and black with a touch of silver or white, and a logo that is a play on the A in a circle.

I certainly incorporated these suggestions into the Radicals identity (which I'll go more into detail in a bit), but kinda toned down on the anarchy theme. And the center court logo is a tertiary logo inspired by the "A" circle you described there. Thanks for the assistance in the Rattick City team!

What about the Alcea City Explorers or the Alcea City Navigators?

Hmm, maybe I could incorporate the Navigators into some basketball team on the eastern coast of Los Altos. Thanks for the suggestion!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Remember when I said that I was gonna potentially begin on the Prides? Well, I lied. With Veras' brilliant suggestion of the Rattick Radicals, I decided to start on that right away.

Without further adieu, here's the Radicals!

Uniforms

15040480619_dd20db0641_c.jpg

I guess I could say that this identity is a bit of a hybrid between the Miami Heat and the Toronto Raptors, which the Radicals (I could excuse this as a 90s expansion team) share a black and red combo with. This identity follows a milder form of an anarchy theme suggested by Veras, which is most evident in the tertiary logo. The secondary logo is basically a basketball trail logo with curves similar to the "R" in the wordmark.

Court

15040685237_c57e5a5576_c.jpg

Since it's pretty hard for me to show contrast with black using colored pencils, I attempted to better show the red by enhancing the color on Flickr. On the baseline is the full "Rattick Radicals" wordmark (Note that it's Rattick Radicals instead of Rattick City Radicals to keep to the alliteration in the name going). On the sidelines are, as templated, the website (rattickradicals.com) and the Twitter handle that combines "Rattick" and "radicals" (@rattickals). The court itself is two-toned and is kinda inspired by the Portland Trail Blazers. The tertiary logo is at center court while the secondary logos are inside the "3-point area", or whatever they're called.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

Well now, Alcea City was rural AND English, that makes it easier.

Alcea City Pioneers- Still kinda in the middle of nowhere, and early pioneers were English

Alcea City Royals- Imperialistic English name

Alcea City Lions- English national animal

Alcea City Bulldogs- Another English animal

That'd be a fairly easy way to think of Alcea City-rural and English. I personally like the Pioneers for Alcea City, while I could save Royals and Lions for some southern team. What color suggestions would you have for the Pioneers? I'm envisioning something incorporating brown in the identity. Thanks as always!

I certainly incorporated these suggestions into the Radicals identity (which I'll go more into detail in a bit), but kinda toned down on the anarchy theme. And the center court logo is a tertiary logo inspired by the "A" circle you described there. Thanks for the assistance in the Rattick City team!

What about the Alcea City Explorers or the Alcea City Navigators?

Hmm, maybe I could incorporate the Navigators into some basketball team on the eastern coast of Los Altos. Thanks for the suggestion!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Remember when I said that I was gonna potentially begin on the Prides? Well, I lied. With Veras' brilliant suggestion of the Rattick Radicals, I decided to start on that right away.

Without further adieu, here's the Radicals!

Uniforms

15040480619_701dc06f3a_c.jpg

I guess I could say that this identity is a bit of a hybrid between the Miami Heat and the Toronto Raptors, which the Radicals (I could excuse this as a 90s expansion team) share a black and red combo with. This identity follows a milder form of an anarchy theme suggested by Veras, which is most evident in the tertiary logo. The secondary logo is basically a basketball trail logo with curves similar to the "R" in the wordmark.

Court

15040685237_7eda255837_c.jpg

Since it's pretty hard for me to show contrast with black using colored pencils, I attempted to better show the red by enhancing the color on Flickr. On the baseline is the full "Rattick Radicals" wordmark (Note that it's Rattick Radicals instead of Rattick City Radicals to keep to the alliteration in the name going). On the sidelines are, as templated, the website (rattickradicals.com) and the Twitter handle that combines "Rattick" and "radicals" (@rattickals). The court itself is two-toned and is kinda inspired by the Portland Trail Blazers. The tertiary logo is at center court while the secondary logos are inside the "3-point area", or whatever they're called.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

Super 90's!

For the Pioneers, I was thinking Brown, Orange, and either Cream or White.

That's what- She

Super 90's!

For the Pioneers, I was thinking Brown, Orange, and either Cream or White.

Very 90s! Just without the teal. Haha.

And I decided to go right on ahead with the Pioneers with those colors you just suggested.

Very nice, especially the home jersey.

Thank you! I actually kinda really like it myself, especially how well the red and black contrasts with the white. Glad you like it!

Those are sick. I love the tertiary logo

Thank you! Just a little nod to the radicalness of anarchy. Haha...

I am digging the Radicals. Color combo is amazing

I do like the red and black color scheme as well! I'm also pretty surprised at how many red and black teams there are in the NBA, as well...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I have for you guys another team, this one the Alcea City Pioneers!

Jerseys:

15056674449_9256c29902_c.jpg

The Pioneers' jerseys include a striping style that mimics the arch of the front view of a wagon that would be used by pioneers. As for the logos, the primary and secondary logos are pretty literally wagons (with the secondary having wheels that have the lines of a basketball) and the tertiary logo consists of the "A" mimicking the arc of the wagon. Otherwise, fairly self-explanatory for the jerseys.

Court:

15056671459_12925e417e_c.jpg

The court is pretty simple. Orange side and base lines with the block "PIONEERS" on the baselines. A small primary logo is at center court while the tertiary logos are in the 3-point areas. The website is (acpioneers.com) and the Twitter handle (@acpioneers). As for the corporate sponsorship, I guess Alcorp could be a local supermarket chain.

Just a note that I'll start enhancing these pictures on Flickr for the colors to come out better.

Also, I'd be happy to take any suggestions for fake company ideas for stadium sponsorships.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

• 2 weeks later...

That throwback reminds me of Seattle's old jerseys, which is a good thing. The road wordmark is a little hard to read, but that's just minor.

That's always my problem with dark-colored jerseys; it's just difficult for me to contrast the lighter color from the darker color. But otherwise, I'm glad you liked this set!

I'm loving the color combo and the away alt.

Thank you! Orange and brown is another one of my favorite color schemes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight, I have for you guys the final team in the Midcoast Division of the Northern Conference: the Lapelle Outlaws.

Jerseys:

15170114447_5e6a64437c_c.jpg

The colors are inspired by the colors of the Spanish flag, as Lapelle (then known as Los Pelos) was a notable Spanish port. I used a darker shade of red, maroon, for the Outlaws to convey the feeling of outlaws hiding in the darkness. I decided to go with the "Outlaws" name instead of "Desparados" because it would sound a bit similar to the Santiago Bay Diablos. The outlaw logo works as both the lowercase "t" as well as an uppercase "L." The home and away jerseys are fairly self-explanatory while the yellow alt jersey incorporates the city's "LPL" nickname.

Court:

15169936000_1a8547a607_c.jpg

tumblr. Arena (A friend of mine suggested that name) is a fairly simple court. Yellow plays a major role in the court, unlike on the jerseys, and is evident everywhere on the court. The darkness motif stays in the dark-colored wood. The secondary logo is on center court while the tertiary logo is displayed within the three-point lines.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

• 2 weeks later...

Lapelle Bananas could have also worked with that logo. :P

All kidding aside, I like it!

Hmm, would you like to start a petition for the Outlaws' mascot to be a banana? Haha. Glad you liked it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't get too much feedback on the last team, so we go right on to the next one!

Although I plan to do the Northwest Division next, as I have team names for all four teams in that division, I decided to do a team in the Southern Conference's Colonial Division, to my friend's request.

So with that said, here's the Newton Prides!

Jerseys:

15452080441_e899538a73_c.jpg

First of all, the Prides name originally reflects that of a pride of lions, but has grown to reflect that as well as the pride the citizens of Newton have in their city. The most prominent part of these jerseys is the striping pattern that appears not only on all the jerseys, but also on the court. The stripes are supposed to evoke the stripes on a lion's mane, with alternations between orange and red. The colors are red, blue, and orange; colors taken from the York state flag. The primary logo is basically a lion sitting on a basketball, similar to the Oakland A's elephant logo, and the secondary logo is just the head of the lion.

Court:

15268658427_7e265b0994_c.jpg

The court for the Prides is, in my opinion, definitely one of the more extravagant courts in the league so far. The "lion stripes" go along the entire length of both sidelines as well as inside the college lines. The secondary logo is in center court. The court itself has a herringbone pattern, much like the Brooklyn Nets. The Prides are one of the few teams that do not advertise their website and Twitter name on the sideline.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

Sorry, the wifi at my school is terrible, and my home internet has been down. The Outlaws looks pretty good, I always thought purple is underused in sports. And Newton's striping pattern is super awesome, and I'm glad you didn't call them the apples.

That's what- She

Those are nice

Thank you!

Sorry, the wifi at my school is terrible, and my home internet has been down. The Outlaws looks pretty good, I always thought purple is underused in sports. And Newton's striping pattern is super awesome, and I'm glad you didn't call them the apples.

It's understandable. I just missed your feedback for a while. Haha. I actually don't consider the Outlaws having purple, rather the darker shade of red in maroon. But I guess that color could go either way. As for the Newton striping patterns, I actually thought that putting them on the court sidelines would be too extravagant. But I do agree, as the striping is my favorite part of the Prides. Also, any apple-related names for Newton never came to mind for me. Haha.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I have for you guys the first team in the Northwest Division of the Northern Conference: the Claraville Schooners.

Jerseys:

15481167351_3d435c7b78_c.jpg

Nautical flags play a major role in the identity of the Schooners. The design of the home jersey is based off the nautical flag for the letter "S", for Schooners, while the away jersey is based off the nautical flag for the letter "C", for Claraville. The alternate jersey is simply a plain, light blue jersey, The number and wordmark fonts are based off the style represented by the primary and secondary logos: blocky at the top and rounded on the bottom. The tertiary logo is simply "CS" spelled out in nautical flags.

Court:

15297742927_34ea0a5182_c.jpg

The court is entirely of wood texture, without any colors on the baselines and sidelines. The splashes of color are the red lines, blue wordmarks, the light blue lane, and the shades of blue in the logo in center court. Within the three-point lines is the team's tertiary logo.

This was really one of the more fun team identities I have done so far~

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

Those are nice

Thank you!

It's understandable. I just missed your feedback for a while. Haha. I actually don't consider the Outlaws having purple, rather the darker shade of red in maroon. But I guess that color could go either way. As for the Newton striping patterns, I actually thought that putting them on the court sidelines would be too extravagant. But I do agree, as the striping is my favorite part of the Prides. Also, any apple-related names for Newton never came to mind for me. Haha.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I have for you guys the first team in the Northwest Division of the Northern Conference: the Claraville Schooners.

Jerseys:15481167351_f0f5cff3d9_c.jpg

Nautical flags play a major role in the identity of the Schooners. The design of the home jersey is based off the nautical flag for the letter "S", for Schooners, while the away jersey is based off the nautical flag for the letter "C", for Claraville. The alternate jersey is simply a plain, light blue jersey, The number and wordmark fonts are based off the style represented by the primary and secondary logos: blocky at the top and rounded on the bottom. The tertiary logo is simply "CS" spelled out in nautical flags.

Court:15297742927_c3e00d3700_c.jpg

The court is entirely of wood texture, without any colors on the baselines and sidelines. The splashes of color are the red lines, blue wordmarks, the light blue lane, and the shades of blue in the logo in center court. Within the three-point lines is the team's tertiary logo.

This was really one of the more fun team identities I have done so far~

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

Huge fan of the logo, and I like the chest stripes on the jerseys. I like the court, but it would be cool if there was more nautical flags in the lanes or in other places.

That's what- She

Huge fan of the logo, and I like the chest stripes on the jerseys. I like the court, but it would be cool if there was more nautical flags in the lanes or in other places.

Glad you liked the logo and the chest stripes! As for more nautical flags on the court, where would it seem that it could fit? I think that it's enough just where it is, but that's just me...

I love how that came out. The away jersey is awesome!!! Thanks for using my suggested name.

Thank you! And just to show that I love to incorporate y'all's feedback!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

For today's update, I have for you guys the Montvale Ments!

Jerseys:

15498847826_e38a089810_c.jpg

The Ments could mean two things: the nickname for people of the Montvale area and/or mints, which the Montvale area is known for producing. Nevertheless, mint motifs are seen throughout this identity, mostly in the logos and the jersey stripes. One can say that the Ments have Christmas colors, with them using red, green, white, and gold. Other than that, the jerseys are fairly self-explanatory.

Court:

15530450275_2e8cc0c9d3_c.jpg

In some ways, the Ments' court is similar to that of the Los Altos Keepers, especially concerning the colors used. To differentiate from the Keepers court, the Ments have their secondary logo on all four corners of the court and use red and white on the keys.

That's it for tonight, guys!

~ Daryl

Archived