NFL's Weekly Best and Worst Uniform Matchups

beast3

This thread is for EVERYBODY to post the NFL's Weekly Best and Worst Uniform Matchups. I know Lions vs Giants or Chargers vs Cardinals games haven't happened but those uniform matchups weren't gonna be good, nor would they be the worst. Lions and Giants both have grey pants and Cardinals uniforms aren't that good, but not worst than the Rams.

1. Cowboys vs 49ers: Classic uniforms, hard to hate
Cowboysvs49ers2014v1_zps22de0a32.jpg

2. Chiefs vs Titans: Definitely not Tennessee's best away uniform combination, but I still love the colors
ChiefsvsTitans2014v3_zps5276fc43.jpg

3. Falcons vs Saints: Falcons bright red and the Saints gold-white-gold is beautiful (probably not the best picture, but are the Saints gold pants a little brighter this year)
FalconsvsSaints2014v1_zpsf99ec04d.jpg

4. Steelers vs Browns: The classic Steelers and the Browns best (current) uniform combination, orange-white-brown
SteelersvsBrowns2014v2_zps0a9ddcb8.jpg

5. Broncos vs Colts: I love Broncos orange uniform and Colts uniforms
BroncosvsColts2014v1_zps0b993455.jpg

Honorable Mention: Seahawks vs Packers: UNPOPULAR OPINION - I actually like Seahawks uniforms (except all whites), the homes have a nice balance between navy and neon
SeahawksvsPackers2014v1_zpsc8338766.jpg

Worst: Rams vs Vikings: The Rams probably have the worst monochrome uniform in the leauge, just ugh. Bring back the gold pants, please.
RamsvsVikingsv12014_zps859fa73f.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO:

Best: Steelers vs Browns - that color combination was so welcoming for whatever reason, I found myself going back a lot while flipping through the channels.

Worst: Eagles vs Jaguars. The Eagles don't have their colored pants so its mainly their black-teal accients vs, well the Jaguars. What more needs to be said

Best: Bills vs. Bears (now that the Bills have come to their uniform senses, we were treated to two beauties).

Worst: Ravens vs. Bengals (hate the Ravens number font - I think the Bengals had it right in the Boomer Esiason era. Short of going back to those, just get rid of the white side panel on the black jerseys and they would look much better).

I hope you're aware that that Rams-Vikings game you pictured is from 2 years ago.

Damn Google, filtered by post date...

Regardless, the game looked hideous, mainly because of the Rans.

You really did not have to quote all of the pictures to say that.

87Redskins.png

Thoughts on this week's games

- The Rams are now back to the problem they had up until 1999 - the helmet is much much darker than the jersey. Also that monochrome SUCKS.

- Vikings, STRIPED SOCKS THAT MATCH THE STRIPES ON YOUR WHITE JERSEY SLEEVES. That would make the purple pants not only tolerable, but they'd look good. As of now you're wearing purple leggings. My girlfriend loves wearing leggings of all different colors and patterns (I like it too), but even she doesn't wear purple leggings. Stop dressing your grown, huge, very physically fit, adult men in purple leggings.

- Matte pants are terrible when the helmet the teams wears is a metallic color. Lions, Saints, 49ers, Patriots, Buccaneers (very marginally) would all be improved with metallic pants that matched the helmets

- the Jets need to wear their solid green socks when dressed in all white. The solid green socks provide a nice balance with the green sleeves and it doesn't overstripe the uniform like the white stripes socks do.

- the Cowboys and 49ers always look good together despite the problems with both sets. Red and gold versus blue and silver. Simple and eye pleasing. Looks like a classic football game
- Interesting the Titans opted to wear their navy blue pants on the road. I can’t remember the last time they wore their original road look that way since debuting the light blue pants. I'm sure they have, but I just can't remember it. It's not their worst look.

-The Browns brown pants still look awful. Either stripe those things with the orange-white-orange stripes or throw them in the dumpster (my preferred option).

- The Bucs choosing to wear “pewter” socks with their “pewter” pants is perfect because it takes the awfulness of that uniform to another level.

- Some of the numbers on the Bucs, Nike’s latest experiment baby, looked scrunched up and messy. What was the argument from the Nikefanboys for the Raiders and others to switch to the new Nike template? That the numbers don't scrunch up and look messy? Yeah, beat it.

- The Bucs have gotten a lot of my negative attention this offseason, but it’s important not to forget how terrible the Jaguars still look. That helmet is still the worst helmet any NFL team has ever worn. This can’t be overstated.

- I really liked the way the Bills helmet looked in Chicago. Something about it struck me that I’d never noticed before. I think maybe it’s that the logo looks so much better on a white background than it does a red one. Put a blue face mask on that thing and that’s a top 5 lid. Also I'm glad they wore the blue socks with the all whites. That's a good look.

- Panthers in light blue always looks great. Interesting juxtaposition between some beautiful modern-ish classics and horrible horrible horrible modern clown costumes. The Panthers uniforms are so good they weren’t even dragged down by their opponent wearing the worst uniforms in league history. Half that game looked excellent.

- I don’t like the Texans in all-white because the pants stripe is outlined in red and then shoulder stripes of a similar thickness to the blue stripe on the pants aren’t outlined in red. I actually think it would look pretty good if the pants were just a thin blue stripe the same width as the stripe on the shoulders.

- I think the nike template managed to make one team look better: The Bengals. Maybe it’s because the cuts were all over the place from player to player while reebok was under contract, but something about the cut of the new template makes them not look as terrible as they once did. They're still in the bottom half of the league as far as the uniforms go, but they don't look as bad as they did under reebok.

- The Dolphins are a teal-navy blue-and a suggestion of orange team. They should be a teal and orange team. That logo is devoid of soul or character. It’s way too corporate.

PvO6ZWJ.png

- I really liked the way the Bills helmet looked in Chicago. Something about it struck me that I’d never noticed before. I think maybe it’s that the logo looks so much better on a white background than it does a red one. Put a blue face mask on that thing and that’s a top 5 lid. Also I'm glad they wore the blue socks with the all whites. That's a good look.

Due to it being sunny at Soldier Field really made the helmet glow and also had an effect on the uniforms which looked really good. When we returned to the white helmet in 2011 after shelving it after the 1983 season they now use a white that has a glow to it and it's magnified when in direct sunlight. The socks worn with the white pants are superb, I agree, but Buffalo needs to alter the socks that are used when wearing the blue pants. They need to be all white at the top, not royal blue, with the striping in the centre. Colored pants should never have socks that are a continuation of the same color of the pants, they need to be white, otherwise it gives that leotard-look. KC, NE, and Chicago are perfect examples of how do it right when wearing pants of color.

By the way, the Bills wore a blue face-mask with the white helmet in the very early 80s. It didn't look very good when wearing the home blue jerseys, it only looked okay with the away white jerseys. I myself like gray face-mask which by the way it looks like the gray face-mask has been lightened somewhat this season. These are all my opinions based on being a Bills fan since right before the merger.

bills-bears-football-fred-jackson-jeremi

The Bills' socks are still f'ed up. Look closely at that picture - two red/navy/royal/navy/red stripes on a white background, then a block of blue at the top. Take the blue off the top and those are perfect to be worn with the blue pants.

It sucks because they Bills actually fixed their blue socks (to match the jersey sleeves) a few games into 2011, then went back to the original messed up version when Nike came along

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Bills' socks are still f'ed up. Look closely at that picture - two red/navy/royal/navy/red stripes on a white background, then a block of blue at the top. Take the blue off the top and those are perfect to be worn with the blue pants.

It sucks because they Bills actually fixed their blue socks (to match the jersey sleeves) a few games into 2011, then went back to the original messed up version when Nike came along

I know exactly what you're referring to.

In 2011, the final season of Reebok, the Bills were wearing these socks with the all white set, and then abandoned them in the 2nd half of the season and wore socks that had a good amount of royal blue at the very top (which was fine for the white pants).

These socks below would be PERFECT when wearing the blue pants on the road with the white jerseys. I don't get it, this is a no-brainer

This photo was taken in Sept 2011, the season opener at Arrowhead Stadium. Correct socks for blue pants, but NOT for white ones.

5543106.jpg

Archived