MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind those, but I've heard descriptions for the 4th of July caps this year and... Woof. Those are gonna be downright hideous.

Please be this please be this please be this

WH-6916-USA%20Flag%20Print%20Cap-2.jpg

That reminds me of a time I was sent to Hazard, Kentucky for work. There was a hole in the wall bar not far from the hotel, so I went in there for a beer one night. There was this old man in there with a confederate hat just like that, but what tied the whole look together was his confederate overalls, and matching stars-n-bars boots. Seriously, it was so stereotypical that I couldn't make it up.

It's not a fashion statement, it's a jersey style.

And most people wear shirts under their vests outside of baseball too.

"not a fashion statement, it's a jersey style" Yeah, but why have it on a MLB team, does all the players then have to wear a t-shirt as well in matching colors ? sounds like a fashion statement to me

It's not a fashion statement, it's a jersey style.

And most people wear shirts under their vests outside of baseball too.

"not a fashion statement, it's a jersey style" Yeah, but why have it on a MLB team, does all the players then have to wear a t-shirt as well in matching colors ? sounds like a fashion statement to me

Yes, the t-shirt has to be the same color for every player. If they were different colors, then it'd be a fashion statement. The same color shirt is part of the uniform.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Sure. Why not. We've already done just about every other awful combination.

Not quite! Saving the camo front panel for next year.

(...I'll get my coat)

Don't forget the version where the logo is placed in a star and the bill is a series of red and white stripes.

I don't mind those, but I've heard descriptions for the 4th of July caps this year and... Woof. Those are gonna be downright hideous.

Please be this please be this please be this

WH-6916-USA%20Flag%20Print%20Cap-2.jpg

Not too far off, actually...

Oh, dear lord, I WAS KIDDING!!! I WAS KIDDIIIIIIIIING!!!!! :shocked:

spacer.png

spacer.png

While they could've very well had gone with an all-orange "SF" and number on them, the Giants black alts aren't all that bad.

The only thing I like about them is that they're black. My problems:

1) Color-on-color logos and numbers. Not only that, but the orange outline is extremely thin.

2) No gold dropshadow, which is a major consitency issue. Even the cluttered orange jersey has the gold dropshadow.

3) The piping. It uses a single stripe of orange on the placket and then goes with the double-strip on the sleeve edges. They didn't even bother to keep it consistent with the existing "SF" alt, which uses offset piping on the sleeves.

4) The simplistic patch doesn't fit in well with the rest of the logo set.

5) The solid SF on the cap and the outlined SF on the jersey.

The piping/striping matches the other SF alternate:

giants_013.jpg

I don't believe so. That jersey has offset piping on the sleeve, whereas the piping on the black uni is right on the edge of the sleeve.

pMLB2-19881659dt.jpg

Ahhh, sorry, I see what you mean know. I thought you meant something else. Yes, that's odd and annoying that they didn't match the other SF alt directly.

Why do some SF jersey have the piping on the end of sleeves and some have it offset, just a design blunder ?

^ It's so terribly inconsistent. When the Giants unveiled this set for the first time, the piping was right at the end. Then when they changed to their headspoon grays, they moved the piping only on those. Same thing with their alt gray. Yet all other jerseys are different. Giants have IMO one of the worst uniform sets in baseball because of their inconsistencies all over the place

Go A's!

^ It's so terribly inconsistent. When the Giants unveiled this set for the first time, the piping was right at the end. Then when they changed to their headspoon grays, they moved the piping only on those. Same thing with their alt gray. Yet all other jerseys are different. Giants have IMO one of the worst uniform sets in baseball because of their inconsistencies all over the place

Exactly! They had a modern classic and totally destroyed it with stupid pointless changes.

Exactly! They had a modern classic and totally destroyed it with stupid pointless changes.

ahh, the new orange is rather nice !

When teammates don't match

qR8EhxP.jpg

Yuck. Stirrups should be a choice, but they shouldn't allow teammates to wear such blatantly different sock patterns.

I'm a Mariners fan and I didn't know those stirrups existed. I like them a lot.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived