MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

That Cubs woedmark screams Cuba to me. Same colors as that country too.

Quick Cubs thought since we've been debating them, what are you guys thoughts on the red billed road cap they wore a few years ago? I don't think they're better than the home all blue cap but I thought they were pretty good and looked fine on the road jerseys.

That's why it's referred to as the Cubs "Cuba" Jersey.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick Cubs thought since we've been debating them, what are you guys thoughts on the red billed road cap they wore a few years ago? I don't think they're better than the home all blue cap but I thought they were pretty good and looked fine on the road jerseys.

You know, I'd love to get one of those jerseys and then put Starlin Castro's name on the back. :P

You know, I'd love to get one of those jerseys and then put Starlin Castro's name on the back. :P

Amazingly enough, you can.

pMLB2-18043243dt.jpg

(Yes, I get the joke.)

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

CubaWBC06.jpg

Cuba indeed. I don't actually mind the current Cubs aways. I didn't realize how friggin' long they've been wearing them. I thought they had changed soon after I started doing the uniform images, but they've worn those since 1997.

Speaking of uniform images, I finally got through checking things against the photo galleries. I'm a little late from when I usually get it done, but hopefully that means they're as accurate as can be. Lemme know if I'm missing anything. Besides the Orioles' socks, which I'm just plum confused about at this point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Silent_Wind_of_Doom#Baseball_Uniform_Images

spacer.png

spacer.png

CubaWBC06.jpg

Cuba indeed. I don't actually mind the current Cubs aways. I didn't realize how friggin' long they've been wearing them. I thought they had changed soon after I started doing the uniform images, but they've worn those since 1997.

Speaking of uniform images, I finally got through checking things against the photo galleries. I'm a little late from when I usually get it done, but hopefully that means they're as accurate as can be. Lemme know if I'm missing anything. Besides the Orioles' socks, which I'm just plum confused about at this point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Silent_Wind_of_Doom#Baseball_Uniform_Images

Some things I notice:

1) The Brewers road script should have a white outline.

2) The "Astros" wordmark looks like it's angled slightly to the left.

3) The Giants have recently started wearing the orange-billed cap with the orange alt jersey.

4) The Giants' orange alt should have a number on the front.

5) The piping on the sleeves of both the gray Giants jerseys should be offset in the same style as the Orioles' unis.

6) There should be no piping on the pants of the Dodgers' alternate uniform.

Hope this helps!

Some things I notice:

1) The Brewers road script should have a white outline.

2) The "Astros" wordmark looks like it's angled slightly to the left.

3) The Giants have recently started wearing the orange-billed cap with the orange alt jersey.

4) The Giants' orange alt should have a number on the front.

5) The piping on the sleeves of both the gray Giants jerseys should be offset in the same style as the Orioles' unis.

6) There should be no piping on the pants of the Dodgers' alternate uniform.

Hope this helps!

Actually, the Astros do have a strange slant in their new uniforms.

astros-new-uniforms.jpg

Sorry. First image I found that readily showed the slant.

The other things have been cleared up. The Brewers' wordmarks have such fine lineweights that I fudged it a big back when I first drew them years and years ago.

Also, ugh. The Dodgers really have two different gray pants just so they can unpipe the alt? Jeez.

Thanks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Cubs' roads would be even more boring with the blue-with-red-outlines look people are clamoring for. They'd look like Cleveland, Texas, and (somewhat) Minnesota.

No. The home jersey has blue outlined in red. The team's primary color is blue. There's no reason whatsoever they should have red numbers on the road jersey, and no reason the wordmark should feature no red. They'd look nothing like those teams.

Cleveland - navy, different font

Texas - contrived thorny font,white center outline

Minnesota - again, navy, different font, and most importantly their numbers on the road are red outlined in navy

OldRomanSig2.jpg

From watching the Reds/Rockies pregame, the Reds don't look terrible. Well, they look terrible. But I guess their camo is better than some others.

It's all so unnecessary, though. Give the fans the camo crap for fashion or merch sales, and put these on the field:

pMLB2-10600895dt.jpg

spacer.png

I don't think fans would buy the camo crap if it were not used on the field. That's why they put it on the players during games.

Really? I think we come from two very different cultures. Then again, I went to high school with a guy who wore fatigues and boots to school everyday, so maybe where I live is a special case.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don't think fans would buy the camo crap if it were not used on the field. That's why they put it on the players during games.

Really? I think we come from two very different cultures. Then again, I went to high school with a guy who wore fatigues and boots to school everyday, so maybe where I live is a special case.

That's the whole angle of this marketing bit. You advertise it as an on-field cap and when you see the players wear it, the cap has more value to it for the consumer

Go A's!

after seeing teams today in their special camo unis, MLB could at least have all the teams wear solid color tops. They teams wearing white and grey looked like total poop. No comment on the caps. :puke:

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

after seeing teams today in their special camo unis, MLB could at least have all the teams wear solid color tops. They teams wearing white and grey looked like total poop. No comment on the caps. :puke:

Everything looked like poop, everything including the Royals pitching.

Seriously, if they want to observe Memorial Day, just add a freaking American flag to the caps or have players select their desired branch of the military and put that logo on their uniform:

US-Military-logos-all-branches.png

Archived