MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

The contrasting front/back look on this round of BP templates is the worst jersey fad baseball's ever had.

It's terrible, for sure. But I don't think I'd even consider it a fad. It's not a trend teams jump on, like everybody going with the neck circle piping the last 15 years. It's just crap Majestic came up with an handed the teams for BP, and presumably many of the teams didn't think to tell them they sucked. Luckily nobody is trying such crap with regular game uniforms, and as far as I know, no team has worn one of these multicolored jerseys during a regular season game.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The contrasting front/back look on this round of BP templates is the worst jersey fad baseball's ever had.

I agree. I'd say it's even worse than the pullover era.

While it's worse than a pullover, at least it's not game jerseys...the pullover era is a much bigger black eye.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I really, REALLY hate the different colors on front/back of these all-star jerseys.

Last year I photographed the futures game and it was impossible to tell who's on which team.

http://dylanheuer.blogspot.com/2014/07/713-all-star-futures-game-baez-and.html?m=1

Even though the 3rd to last picture in this blog is one of my favorite shots I've taken of all time, the jerseys are still stupid. They both look like they're on the same team! (Although they're both on the Cubs, Bryant played for USA and Baez for the World).

I really, REALLY hate the different colors on front/back of these all-star jerseys.

Last year I photographed the futures game and it was impossible to tell who's on which team.

http://dylanheuer.blogspot.com/2014/07/713-all-star-futures-game-baez-and.html?m=1

Even though the 3rd to last picture in this blog is one of my favorite shots I've taken of all time, the jerseys are still stupid. They both look like they're on the same team! (Although they're both on the Cubs, Bryant played for USA and Baez for the World).

That is pretty bad. Especially for a game involving prospects where the familiarity isn't there for most people.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I just saw a highlight of the Indians wearing their road (solid navy + red C) batting helmets at home with the regular white jerseys. Has that been happening often or what's the deal?

Also they've been wearing navy undershirts and socks again, I thought they switched to red at home?

Indians have been wearing that one batting helmet for all games for 2-3 years now. At the time the switch was made, they had some half-baked excuse about the manufacturer only providing one helmet design to each team with the change to a new model, but there's no way that's true. Other teams still had two helmets the same season the Indians changed helmet models, and there have been plenty of teams with multiple helmets every season since.

As for the red socks and undershirts, those are worn with the cream alternate home uniform and, as of the second week of this season, also the navy alternate jersey (which is worn both at home and on the road).

I havent seen the jerseys mentioned before.. ummm.

970x335_stars_stripes_oak.jpg

I remember seeing a similar jersey in the Rockies team stores and in sports authorities here in Denver but those were never worn. Hopefully this is the same deal, but that seems unlikely.

I'm curious, how do veterans feel about this camo and Stars and Stripes trend that has been going on? Is it an honor? Or distorting the uniform?

spacer.png

I havent seen the jerseys mentioned before.. ummm.

970x335_stars_stripes_oak.jpg

I remember seeing a similar jersey in the Rockies team stores and in sports authorities here in Denver but those were never worn. Hopefully this is the same deal, but that seems unlikely.

I'm curious, how do veterans feel about this camo and Stars and Stripes trend that has been going on? Is it an honor? Or distorting the uniform?

Looking at shop looks to be real deal.

$192 Oakland Athletics Authentic 2015 Stars & Stripes Home Jersey

or

Oakland Athletics Authentic Coco Crisp 2015 Stars & Stripes Home Jersey $246.99

pMLB2-20927164dt.jpgpMLB2-20927423dt.jpg

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Wish they would reveal the pillbox caps they'll be wearing for the ASG, already!

No kidding.

Any idea when they released jerseys and hats and the other hats last year?

I wonder if the delay means there's any chance they saw the hullabaloo over the hoax and decided to make a change to what were going to be rather boring All Star caps.

All (except Toronto) Stars and Stripes caps:

https://twitter.com/BenMatukewicz/status/608881245712310272

The choice of color confuses me. Are these the home and away teams for each game?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wish they would reveal the pillbox caps they'll be wearing for the ASG, already!

No kidding.

Any idea when they released jerseys and hats and the other hats last year?

I wonder if the delay means there's any chance they saw the hullabaloo over the hoax and decided to make a change to what were going to be rather boring All Star caps.

All (except Toronto) Stars and Stripes caps:https://twitter.com/BenMatukewicz/status/608881245712310272

The choice of color confuses me. Are these the home and away teams for each game?

I think they based the color off of what would look best for each team

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

The only good stars-and-stripes jersey ever --

IM000270.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived