MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

No tomahawk on the Braves jersey. A sign of things to come for the new ballpark? I used to think they were a top 5 team in terms of uniforms, but since seeing the home set in person, I have come to the conclusion that they're way too cluttered. The triple piping with the tomahawk is just too much. The wordmark is unreadable from almost any distance. The cream alternate is much better.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No tomahawk on the Braves jersey. A sign of things to come for the new ballpark? I used to think they were a top 5 team in terms of uniforms, but since seeing the home set in person, I have come to the conclusion that they're way too cluttered. The triple piping with the tomahawk is just too much. The wordmark is unreadable from almost any distance. The cream alternate is much better.

Yes, their home's cluttered so let's remove EVERYTHING that makes it distinctive...

Yeah I'm not a fan of the Braves' cream alternate either. The Braves are almost defined by the white jersey...when you think of the Braves teams of the 90s, one of the first things that comes to my mind, at least, is Maddux, Smoltz, and Glavine pitching at night at home.

pMLB2-17900584dt.jpg

Plus, the Braves' cream jersey seems to be more urine colored than other cream jerseys for some reason.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I could be wrong, but did teams not have the stars and stripes jerseys for sale last year but never wore them? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a white stars and stripes Freeman jersey. I believe the Braves just wore their normal red stars and stripes jersey. I'm ok with the hats, but I hope they don't wear the jersey.

Edit: I found it.

Here is last years stars and stripes jersey they never wore but was for sale.

Majestic-Freddie-Freeman-Atlanta-Braves-

And this is what they actually wore on the Fourth of July.

Diamondbacks_Braves_basebal.JPG

I think they based the color off of what would look best for each team

That was one of my thoughts, but if that's true the Red Sox confound me in that respect. Yes, they are the RED Sox, but their iconic cap is navy. The red cap just doesn't seem the right way to go. They should go blue with the standard cap logo like the Angels did.

It appears that this is not an alternate version of the home, but rather an alternate version of the alternate, specifically the red patriotic alternate posted above, which happens to not have a Tomahawk. Understandable given the whole "American flag painted over Native imagery" controversy the Indians had with the original Stars and Stripes caps

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yea I remember seeing the jerseys last year (and possibly the year before that) being sold in stores, I guess they sell it first as a fashion jersey and see how it sells.

Also the hats reminds me of a sunoco gas station (the checkered portion of the sign)

foresthillsunoco.jpg

So here's a little bit of a random thought, and I wasn't sure where to put this so I hope it's okay that it's here.

I was watching an Angels game recently and the problem they've got with the halo-A on one sleeve and the roundel on the other jumped out at me again. The thought came to mind; let's say they make the World Series (and I personally believe they're due for a trip soon, if not this year then sometime in the near future)...where in the world do they put the jersey patch? I remember the Rockies wearing it on the chest in '07 when they wore thier vests, so that's been done before and would be an option. I'd much rather they remove one of the sleeve logos (preferably the halo-A) and replace it with the patch, but who knows if they'd really do that.

This is the kind of stuff I wish teams would think through while designing uniforms or tweaking them. It may sound far reaching or corny, but I think you should always keep a championship patch in consideration when designing. Otherwise, if you do pull an Angels and barrage your sleeves, you're looking at a cluttered mess if it just so happens to be your year to make it all the way.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The 4th of July should be a day when baseball teams look their best, i.e., not wearing this Walmart crap.

I also think the Cubs should always play the White Sox over the 4th of July week/weekend (and Memorial Day weekend), but our local so-called experts tell me that crosstown baseball isn't A T**** anymore and should just be played whenthehellever.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So here's a little bit of a random thought, and I wasn't sure where to put this so I hope it's okay that it's here.

I was watching an Angels game recently and the problem they've got with the halo-A on one sleeve and the roundel on the other jumped out at me again. The thought came to mind; let's say they make the World Series (and I personally believe they're due for a trip soon, if not this year then sometime in the near future)...where in the world do they put the jersey patch? I remember the Rockies wearing it on the chest in '07 when they wore thier vests, so that's been done before and would be an option. I'd much rather they remove one of the sleeve logos (preferably the halo-A) and replace it with the patch, but who knows if they'd really do that.

This is the kind of stuff I wish teams would think through while designing uniforms or tweaking them. It may sound far reaching or corny, but I think you should always keep a championship patch in consideration when designing. Otherwise, if you do pull an Angels and barrage your sleeves, you're looking at a cluttered mess if it just so happens to be your year to make it all the way.

Last year for the post season patch they took off the roundel and put it there. Which I thought was backwards because the patch was put on the left sleeve when every other team with a sleeve patch had it on the right, because the team sleeve patches are on the left arm normally.

IbjBaeE.png

The 4th of July should be a day when baseball teams look their best, i.e., not wearing this Walmart crap.

I also think the Cubs should always play the White Sox over the 4th of July week/weekend (and Memorial Day weekend), but our local so-called experts tell me that crosstown baseball isn't A T**** anymore and should just be played whenthehellever.

Agreed. I have never liked interleague play, although I know I'm probably in the minority. My idea was that interleague would be scrapped, but each team would play their opposite league rival in a series on Memorial Day weekend, and July 4th weekend. For example, the Cards/Royals, Mets/Yankees, Sox/Cubs, Reds/Indians, etc would each play a series at home and on the road against each other, with the weekends alternating every year. Cardinals would get the July 4 weekend at home this year, and the Royals would get it next year as an example. The only hitch would be that not every team has a natural rival in the opposite league, but I'm sure that could be worked around...Seattle and San Diego could start a new yearly rivalry or something.

Posted from the article on the front page.

Jays will be wearing these on the 4th of July.

Blue-Jays-Road-Jersey-Flags.jpg

The Blue Jays shouldn't do anything on the 4th of July. What's even the point of the flags? It's not our holiday, Canada's team shouldn't have an American flag on their sleeve.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The Blue Jays play half of their games in the United States, and they are on the road this year for the 4th. This Blue Jays jersey represents what the other teams probably should have went with instead of that star pattern.

Archived