TVIXX

MLB Changes 2015

Red Sox are wearing their away 1975 throwbacks today against the rays who are wearing their fauxbacks. It has to be one of the ugliest match ups I've ever seen.

Red Sox are wearing their away 1975 throwbacks today against the rays who are wearing their fauxbacks. It has to be one of the ugliest match ups I've ever seen.

The Rays fauxbacks are indeed ugly, but I love them. :D

I loved the Rays uniforms as a kid in the mid-70s, but now they just look gaudy and dated.

My youth (what's left of it) will show with this next statement, but I can't imagine Major League Baseball without the Florida teams. Or the Diamondbacks, for that matter.

I loved the Rays uniforms as a kid in the mid-70s, but now they just look gaudy and dated.

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

Seriously, though, love those Sox throwbacks. Hope they do it the other way, though, so we can see the bright white version.

The Red Sox did wear the home version of the 1975 throwbacks, back on May 5 I believe it was.

A couple cardinals are wearing blue sleeves and it looks pretty good with the blue sunday hat.

The A's were in gorgeous 1960's throwbacks today against Kansas City, who wore their darker blue interlocking "KC" alt.

They are nice looking uniforms. However, for some reason, it really bothers me that the front number and logo are white while the back number is green.

Royals-Athletics-Baseball9-1880x1186.jpe478806430-jpg.jpg

Just seeing virtually every color in the rainbow under the trops lighting looked awful

I was going to say that those Red Sox red hats (which I love) looked a lot better with the white pullovers than the gray ones. But you're right -- everything looks like death in that awful dome.

The A's were in gorgeous 1960's throwbacks today against Kansas City, who wore their darker blue interlocking "KC" alt.

They are nice looking uniforms. However, for some reason, it really bothers me that the front number and logo are white while the back number is green.

Hang on a second...is that a real vest and not a sleeveless jersey??

If so....Bravo, A's!

I love the kelly green and the A's really need to return to it, but those uniforms are not without issues. The yellow number and logo on the front don't look as good on white as the green would have, as evidenced by the second photo. Also, the lack of any yellow on the cap is distracting, as well.

In recent vest/sleeveless discussion, I have seen it said that some teams like the Reds don't use "real" vests. Is there a difference I am not aware of?

It has to do with the cut of the jersey.

"Real" vests are cut with the arm holes fairly tight to the shoulders (see A's above). The teams not using "real' vests have jerseys that look like regular jerseys with the sleeves cut off (see below).

5846e_lg.jpegcenter-031710.jpg

I think that Votto jersey is fake. Bad tackle twill and blue/white/red batterman and stripes with current design??

I think that Votto jersey is fake. Bad tackle twill and blue/white/red batterman and stripes with current design??

It's 100% fake.

Even if the craftmanship wasn't absolutely $h!tpants, Votto never played a major league game in the vests, and that number font was never used on the vests. Also, the Creds logo was red in a black shape on the actual jerseys.

Some sap is going to buy that and walk around thinking he got a good deal.

LOL! I'm at the Reds Twins game right now!

JHottest-Mens-Suit-Vests.jpg

See where the shoulder seem of the shirt is? That's where current MLB vests are cut. True vests are cut closer to the vest in this photo.

Did the Votto jersey at least make the point about vest vs. non-vest? :P

BBTV, your description works well. Slightly off topic -- I thought the bottom button isn't supposed to be buttoned.

http://www.blacklapel.com/thecompass/ask-a-black-lapel-stylist-bottom-button-rules/

http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/mans-guide-vests/