MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of these Canada Day jerseys the Jays are wearing. From a distance it looks like they are just the regular homes.

I like the fact that they aren't a significant departure from their regular look. If they wore red instead of white that could work, too.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

can someone convince the Indians to outline the C on their caps with white? Penn State football thinks those caps are bland. :rolleyes:

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

It has to do with the cut of the jersey.

"Real" vests are cut with the arm holes fairly tight to the shoulders (see A's above). The teams not using "real' vests have jerseys that look like regular jerseys with the sleeves cut off (see below).

5846e_lg.jpegcenter-031710.jpg

I always thought the Reds' vest cut was a nod to Ted Kluszewski 44812850.jpg

5846e_lg.jpeg

Why can't the Reds go with that helmet for the road? The black brim road cap looks pointless when they still wear their regular all-red helmet.

As far as I can tell, the only "point" is to have another hat to sell. That particular hat has looked ridiculous since it was introduced in 1999. I wish they'd do away with it altogether.

I personally don't mind the black that much on the uniforms, but I wouldn't miss it if they scrapped it altogether. The one thing that bothers me is them using black excessively when it comes to merchandise because they don't even use that much black anymore.

The one thing that bothers me is them using black excessively when it comes to merchandise because they don't even use that much black anymore.

Exactly. Makes it that much harder to find a shirt I like when it's time to order one.

I don't mind the black drop shadows, though.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I actually prefer the Reds with black drop-shadows and trim. I just personally like the look of it better (so long as there are no black hats and undershirts and such). They've had various points throughout their entire history with either navy or black trim/accents (the Frank Robinson era instantly comes to mind), so it really doesn't look out of place to me at all or BFBS.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I actually prefer the Reds with black drop-shadows and trim. I just personally like the look of it better (so long as there are no black hats and undershirts and such). They've had various points throughout their entire history with either navy or black trim/accents (the Frank Robinson era instantly comes to mind), so it really doesn't look out of place to me at all or BFBS.

Honestly BFBS is when the black is pointless, which it is with the Reds. Sure they wore black and navy and the past, but truth be told the Reds were probably the worst dressed team in the majors for a number of years up until they achieved perfection with just red and white in the late 60's.

At the VERY least, please switch from drop shadows to simple black outlines.

Awhile sgo the royals were supposed to wear 85 powder blue throwbacks and I was thinking that it would be cool if the royals dropped the grey uniform and just went white and powder blue. Not every team needs to go white and grey.

Awhile sgo the royals were supposed to wear 85 powder blue throwbacks and I was thinking that it would be cool if the royals dropped the grey uniform and just went white and powder blue. Not every team needs to go white and grey.

That would only work if they actually had powder blue in their home.

Not sure that has anything to do with it. Few if any of the teams that used powder blue road uniforms (Toronto being an exception... I think) had powder blue anywhere else in their identity.

I don't need to see powder blue come back, but the Royals did it so well with their white script (their silly light-blue alt with the royal script stinks) that they'd be the ideal candidate to bring back the full-blue look.

I'm not sure how well a white "Kansas City" script would look on the blue, so maybe a return to "Royals" would be in order (or block text for Kansas City.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not sure that has anything to do with it. Few if any of the teams that used powder blue road uniforms (Toronto being an exception... I think) had powder blue anywhere else in their identity.

Just because it was done in the past doesn't mean it would work. It may have been treated like such in the 70s and 80s, but I don't feel it can be used like grey as a base that has nothing to with the color scheme. Probably because it's an actual color.

Archived