MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't mind in the slightest, naturally, but did anyone who's a fan of other teams find it odd/offputting that out of all American symbols they could have chosen from, the ESPN's July 4th Weekend spectacular logo was a black roundel with an Uncle Sam hat in the center. It just seems odd they didn't go with something generic with a flag or something already prominently used in baseball: the eagle, rather than picking something that coincidentally is a symbol of one specific team.

spacer.png

spacer.png

So file this into the list of things that will never happen, but I would love to see:

Next year, instead of the star spangled jersey and hat, just have each team wear a hat with a flag patch and a flag patch on the sleeve of their jersey, but with a catch - they wear the flag of the country when their home state joined the union. It'd be interesting, and give a bit of history and diversity.

It'd break down like this:

rKH7vCH.png

Either that, or all the teams should just wear throwbacks on the 4th. Enough of this craziness though. This is the year they officially went overboard. They looked like clowns.

Anubis.png

So file this into the list of things that will never happen, but I would love to see:

Next year, instead of the star spangled jersey and hat, just have each team wear a hat with a flag patch and a flag patch on the sleeve of their jersey, but with a catch - they wear the flag of the country when their home state joined the union. It'd be interesting, and give a bit of history and diversity.

rKH7vCH.png

Either that, or all the teams should just wear throwbacks on the 4th. Enough of this craziness though. This is the year they officially went overboard. They looked like clowns.

This is pretty freaking cool! Got hometown team aaaaaaall the way at the end but it's a cool idea

rKH7vCH.png

Looks like you forgot to mention the Braves too. They'd use the Betsy Ross one.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I saw uniwatch tweet that.

some observations:

- So many Reds. I love it.

- The Pirates players didn't talk to each other about what they were going to wear. Or they deliberately chose not to match.

- It was definitely a more colorful time in baseball. If this picture were taken in today's uniforms every single team would be be in grey shirts and pants

- of all the teams that got lost in the 70's pullovers and elastic waistbands woods the Cardinals may have been the least necessary.

- only the Mets, Dodgers, Expos, and Phillies don't use pullovers and the Phillies used zippers (!).

- During those days the Braves wore blue jerseys with white sleeves when playing on the road, but that dude is wearing the white home jersey while the NL is the road team.

PvO6ZWJ.png

some observations:

- The Pirates players didn't talk to each other about what they were going to wear. Or they deliberately chose not to match.

- It was definitely a more colorful time in baseball. If this picture were taken in today's uniforms every single team would be be in grey shirts and pants

- of all the teams that got lost in the 70's pullovers and elastic waistbands woods the Cardinals may have been the least necessary.

- only the Mets, Dodgers, Expos, and Phillies don't use pullovers and the Phillies used zippers (!).

- During those days the Braves wore blue jerseys with white sleeves when playing on the road, but that dude is wearing the white home jersey while the NL is the road team.

Nope.

1979ATL_ATL_NL_W.gif

That was the Braves road uniform beginning in 1976.

nl_1976_atlanta.gif

Damn! Just beat me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

some observations:

I think you may have the wrong set in mind. Plus, that Braves uni is gray and says "Atlanta." That was the roadie at the time of the photo.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

some observations:

I think you may have the wrong set in mind. Plus, that Braves uni is gray and says "Atlanta." That was the roadie at the time of the photo.

Gotcha. Thanks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have nothing to say about this... I just wanted to post it somewhere...

11667397_1153773524639696_31690869864574

I know I might come across as a bore for this, but...I really dislike the look of this. In fact, I pretty much dislike 70's baseball uniforms in general. I personally prefer the whites and greys and such of today and way-back-when. I just feel like a classic sport should stick to classic roots. The 70's and 80's for baseball were awful for the most part (but it turned around in the late 80's).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived