MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

I have nothing to say about this... I just wanted to post it somewhere...

11667397_1153773524639696_31690869864574

I know I might come across as a bore for this, but...I really dislike the look of this. In fact, I pretty much dislike 70's baseball uniforms in general. I personally prefer the whites and greys and such of today and way-back-when. I just feel like a classic sport should stick to classic roots. The 70's and 80's for baseball were awful for the most part (but it turned around in the late 80's).
The current baggy uniform, sockless, endless alternate look of today is anything but classic,

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11667397_1153773524639696_31690869864574

I know I might come across as a bore for this, but...I really dislike the look of this. In fact, I pretty much dislike 70's baseball uniforms in general. I personally prefer the whites and greys and such of today and way-back-when. I just feel like a classic sport should stick to classic roots. The 70's and 80's for baseball were awful for the most part (but it turned around in the late 80's).
The current baggy uniform, sockless, endless alternate look of today is anything but classic,

Yea I gotta disagree with you, in my opinion this older era was a much more ascetically enjoyable time for baseball

Eh, it's just a personal preference/opinion thing for me I guess. :) Some teams within the last two decades have proven you can have a colorful identity while keeping in the bounds of classic baseball aesthetics (early Marlins and Diamondbacks come to mind). They still stood out while not doing anything grotesquely gimmicky, and still looked like a baseball uniform. The 70's just took the desire to be colorful - which isn't a bad desire, mind you - and took it way too far. For example, the line got crossed and then lapped when the Tequila Sunrise came around. Powder blue roads at least looked okay and worked for Kansas City, but had no business being donned by teams like St. Louis, Minnesota, or Philadelphia. I could go on and on, but if I'm doing a decades comparison, I just personally find a whole lot more wrong with the 70's than I do any other decade aesthetically.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

So file this into the list of things that will never happen, but I would love to see:

Next year, instead of the star spangled jersey and hat, just have each team wear a hat with a flag patch and a flag patch on the sleeve of their jersey, but with a catch - they wear the flag of the country when their home state joined the union. It'd be interesting, and give a bit of history and diversity.

It'd break down like this:

rKH7vCH.png

Aw. The red, Indians, tigers and Rockies get cool ones. Unfair! ;)

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Paul Lukas tweeted that NL photo today, but I'm not sure why he chose a photo that cuts out some of the players (assuming he was the first). Here are the complete NL and AL teams...

$(KGrHqF,!oUE63(foQw6BPDQ2Y(Kww~~60_57.J

3705004361_8d4f9c7e7a_o.jpg

McCarthy mentioned all the Reds earlier, and there were seven selected to the team for the second year in a row. The only change was that Tony Perez didn't make it in 1977 but was replaced by the newest Red, Tom Seaver. Add in the manager and two coaches and ten in the photo are wearing Reds uniforms.

IMO the golden age of baseball uniforms was the late 60s and early 70s. There was color, but it was used sensibly. The pullover / beltless era should never have happened. Today's home whites and road grays are right up there with that era, but the alternates, camo, stars and stripes, and MCFMCS (multiple caps for multiple caps sake) really mess things up.

Paul Lukas tweeted that NL photo today, but I'm not sure why he chose a photo that cuts out some of the players (assuming he was the first). Here are the complete NL and AL teams...

You'd also think they'd be able to get nearly everybody to look at the camera for the picture. Their facial expressions resemble a group of toddlers having their picture taken, who aren't quite sure what is going on.

I guess this was taken back in the day before the complex concept of "everybody look at the camera and say cheese" had been invented.

Also, it's a good thing they got all of the batting practice pitchers in there, front and center. What does a batting practice pitcher have to do to make the team? Give up the most home runs during batting practice?

I was most struck by the Astros. Looks like their home jersey. So I went to Dressed to the Nines. I had no clue that they ever only had one uniform.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

McCarthy mentioned all the Reds earlier, and there were seven selected to the team for the second year in a row. The only change was that Tony Perez didn't make it in 1977 but was replaced by the newest Red, Tom Seaver. Add in the manager and two coaches and ten in the photo are wearing Reds uniforms.

IMO the golden age of baseball uniforms was the late 60s and early 70s. There was color, but it was used sensibly. The pullover / beltless era should never have happened. Today's home whites and road grays are right up there with that era, but the alternates, camo, stars and stripes, and MCFMCS (multiple caps for multiple caps sake) really mess things up.

I agree with you there... some of the all-time best MLB uniforms are late 60's.

e0febbbd787b31403aca021a23dab0f9.jpg

240x300xClemente06.preview.jpg.pagespeed

58563-11Fr.jpg

The Padres ASG logo will be unveiled a week from today at 1PM EST. I think it could be indicative of where the team intends to take its brand in the future. For the past couple offseasons there have been rumors of a full rebrand for San Diego - maybe even to brown and gold. The logo could provide a clue as to whether that change is really coming.

The Padres ASG logo will be unveiled a week from today at 1PM EST. I think it could be indicative of where the team intends to take its brand in the future. For the past couple offseasons there have been rumors of a full rebrand for San Diego - maybe even to brown and gold. The logo could provide a clue as to whether that change is really coming.

Agreed. I think if we see something radical, it'll be a sure sign for the Padres.

Last year, the Twins had gold in their ASG's color scheme. This year, they introduced gold as part of their current color scheme.

Fair, but why would they design a brown logo when their current set doesn't include brown?

spacer.png

Fair, but why would they design a brown logo when their current set doesn't include brown?

I'm saying that a brown logo could possibly indicate changes to the uniforms for next year, when SD actually hosts the game. As dsaline97 described, it would be similar to how the Twins used gold in their ASG logos last year and then added it as an accent color to their team logos this year.

I'm saying that a brown logo could possibly indicate changes to the uniforms for next year, when SD actually hosts the game. As dsaline97 described, it would be similar to how the Twins used gold in their ASG logos last year and then added it as an accent color to their team logos this year.

f28359171059919c7c56850ea64107fb.jpg

I think the gold is different because it was used mostly as a trim color and gold, to me, fits in with "All Star." I don't see the Padres using brown in that way because it wouldn't really fit well with their current colors, and you're certainly not going to see an all-brown logo for 2016.

spacer.png

Archived