MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Just saw this: every player's All Star jersey is going to have their signature and a star representing the number of times they've played in the ASG.

2015-MLB-All-Star-Jersey-Stars1.jpg

That's cool, but it seems like something they'd do in the NBA.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw this: every player's All Star jersey is going to have their signature and a star representing the number of times they've played in the ASG.

I personally think it's just another unnecessary gimmick, but I don't mind it.

I can only assume that the White Sox are wearing throwback hats with their throwback jerseys today. Does anyone know where I can buy one? MLB's website yields nothing.

have you checked lids

I think I preferred the stars on the cap, where you could actually see them, not tucked into their pants.

I was out last night so I'm just getting around to watching Baseball Tonight now. Two observations...

Where did this hat come from? Is this a knockoff?

10cjfk9.jpg

Also, I know a lot of people are down on the White Sox away grays. I've never had a problem with them, but much like the Detroit Tigers, I think they look very good. However, the throwbacks they wore yesterday are great and with a white outline I would have no problem seeing those become the new away.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I was out last night so I'm just getting around to watching Baseball Tonight now. Two observations...

10cjfk9.jpg

Also, I know a lot of people are down on the White Sox away grays. I've never had a problem with them, but much like the Detroit Tigers, I think they look very good. However, the throwbacks they wore yesterday are great and with a white outline I would have no problem seeing those become the new away.

Are a lot of people down on the Sox' road unis? I don't get that impression. I think the road set they wore from 1992-2010 was one of the best of all time. However, I'm displeased with the swapping of sleeve patches and then lazily and cheaply going to mismatched piped pants for no reason. I think they'd look great if they just went back to what worked for a really long time.

As for the throwbacks, they were decent. I think that the simplistic font, particularly when it's in single-color, worked best on wool. If the Sox were switching to those jerseys on a wool pattern, I'd love it. However, single color black on a flat gray doubleknit/Coolbase just looks so bland to me. That's why I greatly prefer the Yankees with white outlines on the roads (yes, I realize their numbers are navy).

Also on the throwbacks yesterday, the Cubs weren't a big departure, just the sleeve patch removed and the older logo which is much inferior to their current one. I wish the Sox would have gone with the road unis they wore in 1952-53. Those years had a red outline. They were single-color in '51 and then again from '54 through the end of that set. Also, I really wish they could have gone with the proper font from that era rather than a standard block.

We'll get treated to a better matchup next month on the south side. The Sox will wear their '50s home unis and the Cubs will wear the best road set they've ever worn.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I can only assume that the White Sox are wearing throwback hats with their throwback jerseys today. Does anyone know where I can buy one? MLB's website yields nothing.

If you're talking about the one pictured here...

48407120150660A_White_Sox_at_Cubs.jpg

here's one version and here's another. They're in the "Cooperstown" category in the caps listings on the MLB Shop site.

BB52Big.jpg

Just a small observation but I'm curious to see if this is new, I noticed that every team has their "letter logo" on their sleeve. None of the teams have a normal logo, they're all the team's letter logos. I wonder why they did this.

Are a lot of people down on the Sox' road unis? I don't get that impression. I think the road set they wore from 1992-2010 was one of the best of all time. However, I'm displeased with the swapping of sleeve patches and then lazily and cheaply going to mismatched piped pants for no reason. I think they'd look great if they just went back to what worked for a really long time.

As for the throwbacks, they were decent. I think that the simplistic font, particularly when it's in single-color, worked best on wool. If the Sox were switching to those jerseys on a wool pattern, I'd love it. However, single color black on a flat gray doubleknit/Coolbase just looks so bland to me. That's why I greatly prefer the Yankees with white outlines on the roads (yes, I realize their numbers are navy).

Also on the throwbacks yesterday, the Cubs weren't a big departure, just the sleeve patch removed and the older logo which is much inferior to their current one. I wish the Sox would have gone with the road unis they wore in 1952-53. Those years had a red outline. They were single-color in '51 and then again from '54 through the end of that set. Also, I really wish they could have gone with the proper font from that era rather than a standard block.

We'll get treated to a better matchup next month on the south side. The Sox will wear their '50s home unis and the Cubs will wear the best road set they've ever worn.

Huh. I could swear this board was down on the White Sox away grays and/or their "Chicago" script. I may be confusing it with the hate the Detroit away gray/script gets from people. While I agree they should quit tweaking it, it's still a good enough look.

I definitely agree with you though about dark materials on gray. I had the same problem with Boston's old/new away grays. They were okay, but a bit drab. I have a similar problem with the Indians C cap. I think their All-Star cap really showed how much they would benefit from a white outline.

Just a small observation but I'm curious to see if this is new, I noticed that every team has their "letter logo" on their sleeve. None of the teams have a normal logo, they're all the team's letter logos. I wonder why they did this.

That is new. The primary logos were used previously rather than the cap insignia. It's a shame. I loved seeing that big white circle of the Yankees' primary on the sleeve.

EDIT: On an additional note, seeing the All-Star uniforms for the first time from all directions just now during the Derby intros, I'm glad to see that they DO NOT have different front and back colors like was originally feared.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cleveland maybe

10cjfk9.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's a knockoff. You can find knockoffs easily at street markets around Asia all the time. And in this case, this guy and his friend are Koreans there to watch Jung Ho Kang play, seeing the friend's Nexxen Heroes Kang jersey. Being Korean and having lived in Korea, I know that Koreans tend to make knockoffs for teams that Korean players play for and sell them in the streets.

i-pV9jNCQ-XL.png

Archived