MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I like the black and white stripes.

The SOX sleeve patch isn't bad, just unnecessary and a downgrade from what they had before. Maybe there would have been more brand awareness for the road grey without the primary on it if the team would have worn it more than the alternate.

So many teams wear little skinny piping in lieu of actual stripes. I miss stripes in baseball. Baseball needs stripes!

And the White Sox are silly. There was that one year wear they wore the black alternate for like 80% of their games. Thank goodness for their one actual moment of triumph they were wearing the correct uniform.

Was it one year? Seems more like 10.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Detroit Tigers will be wearing these gorgeous 1945 throwback uniforms tonight.

DCKRuxH.jpg

I always thought I'd prefer these to the current ones but I've got to admit white and orange are much needed...

The orange outline is necessary, the white not...

chicago_white_sox_celebration-19403.jpg

perfect road baseball uniform

140414125613-adam-eaton-1-single-image-c

imperfect road baseball uniform. And for what reason? Why go to single piping on the pants? WHY?

Sox fan here - the bigger problem is the SOX script on the sleeve instead of the diamond-sock logo.

87Redskins.png

chicago_white_sox_celebration-19403.jpg

perfect road baseball uniform

140414125613-adam-eaton-1-single-image-c

imperfect road baseball uniform. And for what reason? Why go to single piping on the pants? WHY?

Sox fan here - the bigger problem is the SOX script on the sleeve instead of the diamond-sock logo.

I think they're both pretty big downgrades. I have no idea why they would go away from matching stripes, especially when the single stripe looks so much worse. I at least understand why they put the "Sox" logo on the sleeve. It was just a bad reason and made them lose a great sleeve patch. The Sox used to have one of the best road uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Sox announced that they'll wear the '70s collared throwbacks next Thursday night. Why they would wear them on a Thursday *and* not announce it until a week before? Who knows. This organization does some dumb things. They'll wear pants with the jerseys, not shorts. I imagine the pants will be navy with striped high white socks, but they did mix and match in that era so they may wear white. The hat on the right will be worn with the jerseys:

CJkdfm0UMAADLyT.jpg

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Sox announced that they'll wear the '70s collared throwbacks next Thursday night. Why they would wear them on a Thursday *and* not announce it until a week before? Who knows. This organization does some dumb things. They'll wear pants with the jerseys, not shorts. I imagine the pants will be navy with striped high white socks, but they did mix and match in that era so they may wear white. The hat on the right will be worn with the jerseys:

CJkdfm0UMAADLyT.jpg

I wonder if they're throwing back to '76 now to gauge interest in maybe making those uniforms a regular alternate next year to commemorate their 40th anniversary (as they did with the '83 and '72 unis the last few seasons).

I wonder if they're throwing back to '76 now to gauge interest in maybe making those uniforms a regular alternate next year to commemorate their 40th anniversary (as they did with the '83 and '72 unis the last few seasons).

It's possible, but if that were the case I'd imagine they would hype the event up for weeks or months and not just go "Oh, uh, yeah... we forgot to mention it but we're doing this throwback thing next Thursday night."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's funny how big the cap logo is on the Tigers' throwbacks compared to their current caps.

It took me a few minutes to realize that it was a throwback cap. I thought it was some weird style cap that accidentally got put on field by mistake initially. That or the Tigers had been taking style tips from the Marlins.

haroldbaines.jpg

I'm sorry, but this is an exceptionally terrible uniform. I'm glad the Bill Veeck White Sox tried different things, but untucked shirts in a baseball context look so slovenly. We ask so little of you when it comes to uniforms, but you have to tuck your freaking shirts in.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yes it's bad, but it's part of their history.

I don't think Germans are a huge fan of this slogan

What a lame and irrelevant comment. Yeah, let's compare Germany's history to a sports uniform. I get what this site is about, but sometimes you guys can go really over the top with things.

bSLCtu2.png

What a lame and irrelevant comment. Yeah, let's compare Germany's history to a sports uniform. I get what this site is about, but sometimes you guys can go really over the top with things.

Just going for a couple of laughs. Oh well, swing and a miss. I tried.

CJkdfm0UMAADLyT.jpg

Probably has something to do with the Throwback Thursday that a lot of teams are doing now.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

Just going for a couple of laughs. Oh well, swing and a miss. I tried.
I thought it was funny. :D

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

What year is the hat Mike Witt wearing in this is from?

https://twitter.com/Angels/status/635238226119098368

The Creamer page on the Angels only has the thin A hat, not this thicker A Witt is wearing.

The California Angels jerseys looked the same for a majority of the years outside of the beginning and the end, so I could just have been lost in time on the site.

IEI5Tg1.png

Archived