MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Yes it's bad, but it's part of their history.

I don't think Germans are a huge fan of this slogan

What a lame and irrelevant comment. Yeah, let's compare Germany's history to a sports uniform. I get what this site is about, but sometimes you guys can go really over the top with things.

Just going for a couple of laughs. Oh well, swing and a miss. I tried.
I thought it was funny. :D

Ditto. I didn't think it was over the top.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What year is the hat Mike Witt wearing in this is from?

https://twitter.com/Angels/status/635238226119098368

The Creamer page on the Angels only has the thin A hat, not this thicker A Witt is wearing.

The California Angels jerseys looked the same for a majority of the years outside of the beginning and the end, so I could just have been lost in time on the site.

The thicker halo started in 1989 (as determined by looking at baseball cards). I'm guessing that photo was 1989 or 1990.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

CLag5mJUAAAFPah.jpg

I watched the Astros-Dodgers series this weekend. It's the first time I've seen the Astros current uniforms. I think they're pretty solid, but they should wear the Orange cap more. It makes the look a little more interesting and MLB could use one less team wearing navy caps.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I disapprove of the Astros' uniform. A team nickname symbolizing progress should be progressive in some way, any way, not navy serif block on a headspoon/sleeve piping combo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I disapprove of the Astros' uniform. A team nickname symbolizing progress should be progressive in some way, any way, not navy serif block on a headspoon/sleeve piping combo.

It would look better with the shooting star, but it still looks good...

Unfortunately, we as a country don't particularly value the work and mission of NASA any more. So "progressive" isn't really the word you're looking for.

I don't love all the choices the Astros made with their uniform, but it would look right at home in the Space Age era. So it works for me.

I was watching highlights and saw the Twins, and I don't prefer this current look.

If I had my way, they'd be in the most recent home pinstripes and away Metrodome jerseys, the blue "Twins" alternate jersey and the TC cap for home and away with the M hat as an alternate.

IbjBaeE.png

I was having trouble finding better angles, but you can kind of get the idea from these pictures. He's been doing what Josh Cribbs did in football, and wearing the tube part of a sock as a sleeve. I first noticed it maybe a week ago? He's done it with both the throwback/Sunday two-in-one (which thankfully they've stopped wearing for the most part and switched to full-color socks), and the new three-stripe black socks.

cutchsleeve1.png

cutchsleeve2.png

(Photo credits to Pirates.com)

And here's Cribbs' sock-arms for reference:

6138461559_72de473f4d_o.jpg

CLag5mJUAAAFPah.jpg

I watched the Astros-Dodgers series this weekend. It's the first time I've seen the Astros current uniforms. I think they're pretty solid, but they should wear the Orange cap more. It makes the look a little more interesting and MLB could use one less team wearing navy caps.

I think they could be a little more progressive by adding some tequila sunrise stripes ... Not the belly stripes, but perhaps some shoulder or side stripes. With all the blue in baseball, I really think they should make orange their primary color.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Apparently, the orange caps aren't in the rotation anymore.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/03/20/marlins-bringing-back-grey-dropping-orange-caps/

That's a bit of a shame, considering how the team would look so much better if they embraced any of their wild colors (orange, "Marlin blue," yellow, etc.) over the black.

I'm surprised no one questioned why Joe Mauer wore this helmet when he was a catcher

http://mlb.mlb.com/assets/images/9/0/8/41596908/joe_mauer_ai627z5k.jpg

It was just a gimmicky thing to wear; a nod to a tacky relic from a year in the late 1970s. I don't like that helmet but it was harmless to use it that way.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived