MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

I'm surprised no one questioned why Joe Mauer wore this helmet when he was a catcher

http://mlb.mlb.com/assets/images/9/0/8/41596908/joe_mauer_ai627z5k.jpg

It was just a gimmicky thing to wear; a nod to a tacky relic from a year in the late 1970s. I don't like that helmet but it was harmless to use it that way.

Harmless? I beg to differ. If Mauer doesn't wear that arts and crafts project then wouldn't have had to watch this silliness

all-star-hats-tri.jpg?w=694

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that's kinda like blaming Henry Ford for mini vans.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

First thing I thought of. Domino effect and now we have All-Star Game caps.

Thanks Mauer!

We can blame Mauer for All-Star Game caps just as we can blame Pete Rose for batting-practice jerseys, and ultimately for coloured game jerseys. Rose wore his warm-up in the 1979 All-Star Game; soon after that, all teams had them. And eventually teams began using game jerseys that were similar to the warm-ups.

Corbis-42-15810683.jpg?size=67&uid=f02ff

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I'm surprised no one questioned why Joe Mauer wore this helmet when he was a catcher

It was just a gimmicky thing to wear; a nod to a tacky relic from a year in the late 1970s. I don't like that helmet but it was harmless to use it that way.

Harmless? I beg to differ. If Mauer doesn't wear that arts and crafts project then wouldn't have had to watch this silliness

God those caps are ugly.

God those caps are ugly.

Some of those caps were awesome- Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Miami, Colorado, Cincy, Toronto, Oakland- all cool.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

God those caps are ugly.

Some of those caps were awesome- Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Miami, Colorado, Cincy, Toronto, Oakland- all cool.

Awesome as a fashion cap? Why not. Belonging there? Not at all.

God those caps are ugly.

Awesome as a fashion cap? Why not. Belonging there? Not at all.

It's an all star game- do you really take it aesthetically seriously? Why not welcome a little bit of change for a night? I liked the subtle nod to the home team's history in that.

This years was poor execution, but last years was great.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I thought they were terrible, but I am not a "front panel" fan. And that lame-ass Twins helmet from 1978 (or whenever) was truly awful.

And it's kind of a weird thing to nod to in the All Star game; a short-lived helmet from a forgotten era. I want to say they only wore it for a year or two. One of those may have been the year when Carew hit .388, but it's still an essentially forgotten-about helmet.

On the other hand, if All-Star Games are going to try to do "theme caps", there will be a lot of hosts that find even more obscure ways to do it. And the Twins took San Diego's idea...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Five A's players wearing five different sock styles all on the field at the same time in the same game

https://twitter.com/SamuelYLam/status/636651467005407232

I love high socks, I love stirrups, I love stripes and think every team should have a distinctive striping but this is ridiculous. MLB needs to step in and end that bad joke.

I'd love for MLB to restrict the use of coloured alts, or alts in general, to 30 games a year max combined.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Five A's players wearing five different sock styles all on the field at the same time in the same game

https://twitter.com/SamuelYLam/status/636651467005407232

I love high socks, I love stirrups, I love stripes and think every team should have a distinctive striping but this is ridiculous. MLB needs to step in and end that bad joke.

I'd love for MLB to restrict the use of coloured alts, or alts in general, to 30 games a year max combined.

At least they all wear the same jersey. The different socks make these games look like beer league slopitch...

Majestic's pullover problem has not been fixed. Everyone on the White Sox tonight looks like their jersey is two sizes too big.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived