MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Appears(didn't get the chance to watch because driving) that the Orioles wore orange today. On Sunday. On the road.

Astros did the same in Minnesota too.

It's significant for the Orioles because orange has always been reserved for Saturday. Was home specific, too, until last season.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appears(didn't get the chance to watch because driving) that the Orioles wore orange today. On Sunday. On the road.

It's significant for the Orioles because orange has always been reserved for Saturday. Was home specific, too, until last season.

Trying . . . unsuccessfully . . . to break out of a slump.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Sox would have looked great if the jerseys were smaller, but nice throwback, definitely a changeup from the typical.

img_3898.jpg?w=555

ap_mariners_white_sox_baseball_75424038.

rodon-trout.0.jpg

C'mon, Jose...that does not fit you! Guess it's just the trend of "urban wear" that gives us the baggy pants too. If they players are picking the sizes, someone needs to take over dressing them so they don't look ridiculous. If a player prefers a huge, baggy uniform that stands out from the rest of the team, that needs to be reigned in so the team actually looks UNIFORM. Manny Ramierz will always be the worst offender with this.

Looks like in this case, the jerseys were just made huge for everyone and leaving them untucked just made it look worse.

20752788120_d7dd7149c0_o.png

These pants fit:

alexei-ramirez-mlb-kansas-city-royals-ch

These do not:

150516_WhtieSox_Athletics0395_bay102.jpgimg24580211.jpg

This is how it should look!

img_3158trim.jpg

87Redskins.png

Trying . . . unsuccessfully . . . to break out of a slump.

The Astros always wear the orange tops on the road for day games, unless there is a color clash.

Sox would have looked great if the jerseys were smaller, but nice throwback, definitely a changeup from the typical.

C'mon, Jose...that does not fit you! Guess it's just the trend of "urban wear" that gives us the baggy pants too. If they players are picking the sizes, someone needs to take over dressing them so they don't look ridiculous. If a player prefers a huge, baggy uniform that stands out from the rest of the team, that needs to be reigned in so the team actually looks UNIFORM. Manny Ramierz will always be the worst offender with this.

Looks like in this case, the jerseys were just made huge for everyone and leaving them untucked just made it look worse.

It should be noted that this is a case of Majestic screwing up. They make the throwback pullovers at least one size bigger than the normal jerseys. I have no idea why, but it's been an issue for years. I doesn't necessarily appear that it is the case with the Pirates Sunday alts, but I haven't really looked into it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I like all the different sock and pant types. It's part of each player's unique style and personality. As long as they are team colors I really don't care. I really like the new Brewers stripe socks. Has anyone wore them with their Retro alternate uniforms yet?

I really like the new Brewers stripe socks. Has anyone wore them with their Retro alternate uniforms yet?

The what, now? I miss a memo?

I saw Elian Herrera wearing striped socks when they played the Nationals in Washington. I'm not sure if they're new, but it's the first time I've ever seen them.

B9317888372Z.1_20150815225220_000_GCIBKT

(The above picture is NOT from the game I was talking about)

They look good definitely, but he probably went rogue and had them made himself versus an actual team issued item.

MLB needs to lock this down. Each team should have to decide on their sock treatment. Either you're a solid color team and that includes both stirrups and full color socks or you're a striped sock team and both your stirrups and your full color socks have matching stripes on them.

I do love that striped socks are coming back into fashion and hope to see if transferred to football soon.

PvO6ZWJ.png

MLB needs to lock this down. Each team should have to decide on their sock treatment. Either you're a solid color team and that includes both stirrups and full color socks or you're a striped sock team and both your stirrups and your full color socks have matching stripes on them.

Couldn't agree more. But as for the Brewers socks, looks like it's not just Herrera. This is infielder Hernan Perez:

Cincinnati+Reds+v+Milwaukee+Brewers+BiNX

I'm watching the Mets & the Marlins. NY looks great in their greys, but I am not diggin' Miami in black. Miami is a city where a team can get away with bright colors. I just don't get it.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

The Nats are wearing their primary white jerseys today. I don't follow the Nats extremely closely, but I can't remember the last time they didn't wear an alternate jersey for a weekend game, either home or road. I thought their trend was basically white/gray jerseys on weekdays, red alts on Sat/Sun, blue alts for special occasions and holidays.

I feel like it must have been years since I last saw them wear a white or gray jersey for a weekend game. Am I wrong? Or maybe they are trying out something different for superstitious reasons

EDIT: I am not referring to road Sat/Sun games where they had to wear gray because red would clash with the home team.

The Nats are wearing their primary white jerseys today. I don't follow the Nats extremely closely, but I can't remember the last time they didn't wear an alternate jersey for a weekend game, either home or road. I thought their trend was basically white/gray jerseys on weekdays, red alts on Sat/Sun, blue alts for special occasions and holidays.

I feel like it must have been years since I last saw them wear a white or gray jersey for a weekend game. Am I wrong? Or maybe they are trying out something different for superstitious reasons

EDIT: I am not referring to road Sat/Sun games where they had to wear gray because red would clash with the home team.

They've also worn their blue alts the last three Fridays (all at home). Looks like they're just switching things around, which is good because the red alts on Sat and Sun back-to-back is getting old.

I'm watching the Mets & the Marlins. NY looks great in their greys, but I am not diggin' Miami in black. Miami is a city where a team can get away with bright colors. I just don't get it.

While you're right about Miami and bright colors, the Marlins have a history of black jerseys. So do the Miami Heat and they don't look bad in it.

The reasoning at least out of the Marlins marketing dept mouths is the black represents the Miami nightlife.

And, as a resident of Miami, along with our bright colors the black actually does fit in around here as well. I guess it's just a Miami thing.

Not sure how well all of that comes off in a jersey but that's the best explanation I can give u.

I like black as the Marlins' primary color for continuity with the 1993-2011 Marlins and as a base color for their bright colors to jump out of. Now if only they had a nice jungle green jumping off the black as well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived