MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does every single color in the palette have to make it to the numbers?

you obviously don't have to use every color in the numbers and in many cases I'd prefer not to (see: Philadelphia Eagles), but in those examples I presented I think it looks much worse without the multi-layered numbers. Point being: you seem steadfast against them at all costs, but there are clearly times when it's a better option than the alternative.

PvO6ZWJ.png

There's something I really like about smashing a lighter color between two darker colors (although I prefer when the darker colors are actually the same color).. It works best on white backgrounds, like the Vikings' pants striping on their white pants, the blues' logo(I realize it's two different blues, but they're at least somewhat close), mariners' throwback wordmark, etc.. I agree with the logic for disliking them, but in reality, I usually think it looks good

Not sure if this has been talked about in the recent past, but last night after his triple, Daniel Murphy of the Mets lifted up his pants leg and showed he wears these socks:

NY403_OUTSIDE_R.png?v=1442443443

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not sure if this has been talked about in the recent past, but last night after his triple, Daniel Murphy of the Mets lifted up his pants leg and showed he wears these socks:

Funny - my kids are playing in their soccer league right now in Brooklyn and a kid showed up wearing those. I pointed them out to my son but didn't realize they were a Mets thing.

Funny - my kids are playing in their soccer league right now in Brooklyn and a kid showed up wearing those. I pointed them out to my son but didn't realize they were a Mets thing.

Well, while I think the Mets have some sort of contract with the company Skyline Socks, the company also make other sets based on team colors.

I do think the socks best work for the Mets as there's synergy with the Mets' logo.

http://skylinesocks.com/collections/new-york

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Teams used to use different grays a few years ago. Majestic had problem making Coolbase jerseys in gray which matched the pants, so when they finally found a match, they gave that shade to all teams (and of course adjusted their pants accordingly). I think it's dumb that these teams were forced to use one gray. Some teams would look better with a slight hue to their jerseys, such as the Royals going with blue.

The Marlins original road unis from 93 to the earlier 2000s were the best of this era, with the slightly teal tinted shade of gray.

Most images I have seen dont show it clearly, but in person wheh they played the Rays I saw a difference.
It's probably just your eyes playing tricks, every once in a while I feel the Dodgers are useing a blueish grey, but really they are just useing the same grey as everyone else.

I thought The Dodgers wore blue-grey away jerseys for decades. I guess some colors just blend well with the grey and Dodger Blue is one of those colors.

I've heard it said more than once on here that there's something different about the sunlight over there that effects the way colors look on a uniform. It does appear that the home white of the Dodgers and Athletics look a different shade at a home day game than those of the Yankees and Red Sox.

Well, while I think the Mets have some sort of contract with the company Skyline Socks, the company also make other sets based on team colors.

I do think the socks best work for the Mets as there's synergy with the Mets' logo.

http://skylinesocks.com/collections/new-york

I know that LA's skyline is one of the more paltry, but the Los Angeles offerings seem rather lackluster compared to everyone else.

EDIT - On a side note, this tread has been quite the marathon. We've gone as many pages as there are games in a season.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The multiple outline thing work if the middle outline isn't the same as the base color of the uniform, and isn't super bright. I think the blues one posted above is a good example of it working.

If it matches the jersey or is super bright (like a (sigh) volt) then your eye kinda goes to the middle outline before anything else, even if only for a split second. It also doesn't add any weight to the letter / number, which makes it appear skinnier / harder to read.

I think that up close, like if you were holding the jersey (or looking at it on a rack in a store), the new Mariners probably looks really good. But on the field, I've flipped to the opinion that it isn't as good as what they had.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Obviously, the Yankees will be adding the black armband today. Will the also add the "8" like they did with Mantle, and will they have a season-long tribute next season? Yogi deserves more than 2 weeks of tribute.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Obviously, the Yankees will be adding the black armband today. Will the also add the "8" like they did with Mantle, and will they have a season-long tribute next season? Yogi deserves more than 2 weeks of tribute.

Yankees tweeted out that they'll be wearing "8" on their sleeves starting tonight.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The White Sox have had a memorial patch for Minnie Minoso all season. After Billy Pierce died last month, it took them close to two weeks to get patches made for him (a black diamond with a 19 in it). If it really took them two weeks to make the patches, they could have even done an interim half-assing of adding the Minoso "9" patches a 1 stitched on them, but no. And here the Yankees are getting it done less than 24 hours later. Of course, the Yankees are expecting a long October run, and the White Sox folded up the tents immediately after the trade deadline, so maybe nobody gave enough of a :censored: to do anything about it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Here's the image posted on Instagram this morning. https://instagram.com/p/7-v8M1qH38/

They've never before done only the number. Could they be going with an easier option for today since it was so sudden, or would they have plenty of time to put the band on as well? I suppose it could also be an issue of the band not looking well with the thick stripes on the cuffs, but that never stopped them before.

I was very upset when they did Franchise Four that Yogi wasn't even included among the list of nominations for "greatest living players". I wrote him in, but it didn't matter.

It's a sad day for the sport. I expect to see a monument next year. He's one of the two players who don't have one that should, and the other's still alive.

The White Sox have had a memorial patch for Minnie Minoso all season. After Billy Pierce died last month, it took them close to two weeks to get patches made for him (a black diamond with a 19 in it). If it really took them two weeks to make the patches, they could have even done an interim half-assing of adding the Minoso "9" patches a 1 stitched on them, but no. And here the Yankees are getting it done less than 24 hours later. Of course, the Yankees are expecting a long October run, and the White Sox folded up the tents immediately after the trade deadline, so maybe nobody gave enough of a :censored: to do anything about it.

It's a lot easier for the Yankees in this respect. They've already had a history when their greatest of the great are lost to featuring a very simple memorial. The memorial patches other teams are more complex. Is this the memorial patch that had the silver trim inset from the edges? I can't remember if they also used a plain diamond with white number or if that was another team. When you update all the teams they tend to run together.

I wonder if anyone remembers how long it took the Yankees to add the more complex patches for Steinbrenner and Sheppard.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived