TVIXX

MLB Changes 2015

I like the New Era 5950's. It's the only hat style that I've found has a high enough crown for my huge head.

I actually hope New Era keeps the contract.

I've also had more consistentiy with their fitted hats then other hat makers at least with my hat size, so I'd prefer it they'd stayed.

I can't remember the last New Era cap I didn't have to have alterations performed on. I wear 7 1/4 and they're always too tight. The next size up fits over my ears.

I can't remember the last New Era cap I didn't have to have alterations performed on. I wear 7 1/4 and they're always too tight. The next size up fits over my ears.

You need a 7 5/16. B)

I have no issues whatsoever with the New Era caps. I think it's likely they'll re-up with MLB.

Join the club

Have we heard anything further regarding Diamond Era caps for primaries?

Another season of New Era? Has their agreement been extended past 2014? The Orioles are wearing '47 Brand caps during their postgame celebration tonight.

Doesn't Majestic's contract end to? (Possibly Nike for next year?)

MLB would have to admit a major change in its rules - it requires that all on-field gear be made in the United States. Nike can't do that, where Majestic and New Era can.

How does Nike's status as Official Performance Apparel of MLB factor into this US-only equation? I'm looking at my two Cardinals DriFit shirts w/ "Hecho en Mexico" on them.

How does Nike's status as Official Performance Apparel of MLB factor into this US-only equation? I'm looking at my two Cardinals DriFit shirts w/ "Hecho en Mexico" on them.

America is a part of Mexico man ! you should know by now :-)

Undershirts are neither jerseys nor caps. Though Nike is doing very well selling those.

Can't say for sure with Majestic, but I can say that New Era is coming back next year.

Join the club

Wait. It's possible for a New Era hat to comfortably fit a human being's head?

Undershirts are neither jerseys nor caps. Though Nike is doing very well selling those.

But it is an official on-field designation.

Yes, but it's optional for players. They can choose to wear nike undershirts, hence the "on field", but unlike Majestic's jerseys and New Era's caps, they don't have to. There's a world of difference in that.

Will this actually be the year the Mariners supposedly move to cream/off-white?

Join the club

Wait. It's possible for a New Era hat to comfortably fit a human being's head?

Yeah. Even with their inconsistencies, finding the perfect cap size is not hard

Majestic re-upped for 5 years back in 2011 or 2012. So they aren't going anywhere for at least one more year. From what I understand, MLB is very happy with Majestic because they only do MLB. They aren't NIke (NFL and a plethora of college teams), adidas (NBA and college teams), or Reebok (NHL). Majestic is pretty much (but not entirely) devoted to their main customer.