MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Also Dbacks switching from red to black.

But yea seems legit, phillies one of the teams to be going from blue trim/side panels to white.

http://www.13west.com//downloads/majestic/2015%20majestic%20mlb%20breakout%20catalog.pdf

I might be in the minority but I think the dbacks look much better in predominantly black than Sedona red. I wish the dbacks would relegate sedona red to an accent color. They especially looked sharp in those yarnell Fire black jerseys. Those were sweet!! When they wear sedona they look like any other mlb team that wears either red or navy caps. Also I think too many arizona sports franchises are going for that Sedona/desert rock red look now and it is tiring. The cards, dbacks and coyotes all look a like now. Only the Suns have individualilty when it comes to colors.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Mets will probably have helmets that don't match their caps most games. That's inexcusable.

I can live with dropping the whites. Just eliminate the road alt jersey and cap, eliminate the home alt cap, and drop camos permanently. They just can't keep from messing up and bastardizing their look.

I really wish this was on more people's radars. Helmets really ought to be "hard" versions of the hats. Teams should never have them differ, particularly with base coaches wearing helmets. (I suppose they'd differ on stars/stripes days, which I don't think should exist, but that's a lost battle). That way teams would have, at most, two on-field caps. That, and the BP cap really should be enough.

You're right. It was the Brewers and Twins who started the practice of having a helmet that differed from the cap.

The Brewers had these caps:

4dc92f0af0e33.preview-300.jpgyount-photo.jpg?w=237&h=300

...and this helmet:

61DhhgKN01L._SY355_.jpgrobinpaul_display_image.jpg?1310801404

...worn both home and on the road.

The Twins had these caps:

65778-3Fr.jpgRandy_Bass.jpg

...and this helmet:

rod%2Bcarew.jpgCarew-Rod-1.jpg

...worn both home and road.

That always bugged me.

Can anyone explain why the Braves chose to paint the bill of their helmets white in the 70s while the bill of the caps remained blue? I never did understand this, and as far as I know, they were the only team at any level to do it...

132119c_lg.jpeg81179a_lg.jpeg

D-Backs going to black...yawn. Reds going back to classic chest logo...thank you! Giants switching to orange...not a fan, I've always thought black alts and black BPs suited the Giants better.

And the Astros...interesting. So no more side-panel Tequila sunrise madness on Sundays? I would hope that means they're working on a better way to represent the stripes, because that new BP is too dull for a full-time alt.

The Astros stopped wearing the BP's on Sundays about halfway through last season. Maybe they realized wearing BP's in actual games is a minor league move and fixed it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

That's not who they sent the FU to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can anyone explain why the Braves chose to paint the bill of their helmets white in the 70s while the bill of the caps remained blue? I never did understand this, and as far as I know, they were the only team at any level to do it...

Don't know why but I like the way it looks.

87Redskins.png

So if the Fighting Sioux thread wasn't obvious enough...

We're not going to discuss this if we can't do it without saying how much we all love "spiting" the other side. That's not conductive to constructive debate. And if we're not going to have that then we're just not going to discuss this topic.

D-Backs going to black...yawn. Reds going back to classic chest logo...thank you! Giants switching to orange...not a fan, I've always thought black alts and black BPs suited the Giants better.

And the Astros...interesting. So no more side-panel Tequila sunrise madness on Sundays? I would hope that means they're working on a better way to represent the stripes, because that new BP is too dull for a full-time alt.

The Astros stopped wearing the BP's on Sundays about halfway through last season. Maybe they realized wearing BP's in actual games is a minor league move and fixed it.

So what did they start wearing instead? If I had my way, I'd like to see white jersey with orange hats/sleeves/socks be the default home look (instead of the alternate), keeping the orange alt jersey of course, and maybe a revamped second alt that incorporates the tequila sunrise stripes.

Keep the solid blue cap for road games only, and eliminate the orange-billed cap altogether. It's unnecessary.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Don't know why but I like the way it looks.

These differences haven't ever bothered me before and I like the way each looks. For some reason it just works.

The only thing that bothers me about those helmets is that the front "panel" looks nothing like the hat. The way the lines are curved in, instead of out, the way it is on the hats. The Brewers got their's right. Why couldn't the Braves and Twins?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The only thing that bothers me about those helmets is that the front "panel" looks nothing like the hat. The way the lines are curved in, instead of out, the way it is on the hats. The Brewers got their's right. Why couldn't the Braves and Twins?

Hmm. I'd say that the Brewers were the team that got it wrong. The way to represent the front panels on a helmet is by those lines curving in.

george-bell-2.jpg

This is something that the Orioles get wrong now, something which they used to do right.

Right:

p-487122-eddie-murray-1978-topps-basebal

Wrong:

Nelson+Cruz+85th+MLB+Star+Game+U6arlOlVI

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Just because all the other teams did it that way doesn't make it "right". If everyone you knew went out and killed someone would it make it right for you to do the same?

Baseball helmets are supposed to reflect the way the hats look. At least that is what I thought, and the way it has usually been for all these years. All of the helmets you posted, save for the last, look nothing like their hats. If the seams of the front panel on the hat curves out then one would assume you would make the helmets look the same way. Like the Brewers did in the past and the Orioles are doing, quite beautifully, now.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Just because all the other teams did it that way doesn't make it "right". If everyone you knew went out and killed someone would it make it right for you to do the same?

Excellent analogy.

Anyway, the reason that the lines curving in is the right way is simply that the helmet looks so much better that way. The curved lines are a slightly stylised version of the front cap panels, adapted to the medium of the helmet.

The current Orioles helmets, when compared to how they should be, look like cheap counterfeit knockoffs.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Baseball helmets are supposed to reflect the way the hats look. At least that is what I thought, and the way it has usually been for all these years. All of the helmets you posted, save for the last, look nothing like their hats. If the seams of the front panel on the hat curves out then one would assume you would make the helmets look the same way. Like the Brewers did in the past and the Orioles are doing, quite beautifully, now.

Mod redacted.

Think before you post.

L.

mod redacted
What good would that do ?

Edited to remove offensive content.

Lee.

Archived