MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Just because all the other teams did it that way doesn't make it "right". If everyone you knew went out and killed someone would it make it right for you to do the same?

Baseball helmets are supposed to reflect the way the hats look. At least that is what I thought, and the way it has usually been for all these years. All of the helmets you posted, save for the last, look nothing like their hats. If the seams of the front panel on the hat curves out then one would assume you would make the helmets look the same way. Like the Brewers did in the past and the Orioles are doing, quite beautifully, now.

removing dumb post
What good would that do ?
It would control the human population level. (/sarcasm)

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah going mass murdering spree, even if said in a joking manner, probably isn't the kind of thing you want to post an intenet message board in 2014.

Anyway, I'm torn on the helmet "issue". Back in the day, helmets were just looked at as "extra protection" - essentially shells that some players wore over their caps - so of course they should look like the hats. Heck - I think teams even experimented with putting cap fabric on the helmets or making "hard hats".

I think that today with the emphasis on safety and advancements in technology, the helmet can be looked at more as "equipment", than just part of the uniform. When we have these helmets with funky air holes, bump-outs, grooves, and other silly-looking features, they aren't going to look like caps even if you paint them exactly the same as the caps.

They also cost more than ever (I am assuming - I don't know) and like we see with the NFL and the single-helmet rule, maybe it's better to keep the number of helmets in MLB limited too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They also cost more than ever (I am assuming - I don't know) and like we see with the NFL and the single-helmet rule, maybe it's better to keep the number of helmets in MLB limited too.

Batting helmets aren't custom-fit like football helmets are. That's the primary reason for the rule in the NFL, or so the reasoning goes.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The only thing that bothers me about those helmets is that the front "panel" looks nothing like the hat. The way the lines are curved in, instead of out, the way it is on the hats. The Brewers got their's right. Why couldn't the Braves and Twins?

Hmm. I'd say that the Brewers were the team that got it wrong. The way to represent the front panels on a helmet is by those lines curving in.

george-bell-2.jpg

This is something that the Orioles get wrong now, something which they used to do right.

Right:

p-487122-eddie-murray-1978-topps-basebal

Wrong:

Nelson+Cruz+85th+MLB+Star+Game+U6arlOlVI

There were actually variations on the Orioles white panel helmets back in the day, though I don't think any were identical to what they're doing today...

helmet.jpg

I think the caps would have always looked better in the triangle style of the helmets. The Padres did it, so the other teams could have, too.

610C7C0F-20D9-4DF3-89D3-CCDF615597DF_zps

D-Backs going to black...yawn. Reds going back to classic chest logo...thank you! Giants switching to orange...not a fan, I've always thought black alts and black BPs suited the Giants better.

And the Astros...interesting. So no more side-panel Tequila sunrise madness on Sundays? I would hope that means they're working on a better way to represent the stripes, because that new BP is too dull for a full-time alt.

The Astros stopped wearing the BP's on Sundays about halfway through last season. Maybe they realized wearing BP's in actual games is a minor league move and fixed it.

So what did they start wearing instead? If I had my way, I'd like to see white jersey with orange hats/sleeves/socks be the default home look (instead of the alternate), keeping the orange alt jersey of course, and maybe a revamped second alt that incorporates the tequila sunrise stripes.

Keep the solid blue cap for road games only, and eliminate the orange-billed cap altogether. It's unnecessary.

They just wore the Saturday combo (home whites with the orange hats & sleeves). And it looks like the switch was made July 27 against the Marlins. Not sure why they made the switch then, except maybe they came to their damn senses.

If they want a navy alt, they need to make a proper navy alt.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

D-Backs going to black...yawn. Reds going back to classic chest logo...thank you! Giants switching to orange...not a fan, I've always thought black alts and black BPs suited the Giants better.

And the Astros...interesting. So no more side-panel Tequila sunrise madness on Sundays? I would hope that means they're working on a better way to represent the stripes, because that new BP is too dull for a full-time alt.

The Astros stopped wearing the BP's on Sundays about halfway through last season. Maybe they realized wearing BP's in actual games is a minor league move and fixed it.

So what did they start wearing instead? If I had my way, I'd like to see white jersey with orange hats/sleeves/socks be the default home look (instead of the alternate), keeping the orange alt jersey of course, and maybe a revamped second alt that incorporates the tequila sunrise stripes.

Keep the solid blue cap for road games only, and eliminate the orange-billed cap altogether. It's unnecessary.

They just wore the Saturday combo (home whites with the orange hats & sleeves). And it looks like the switch was made July 27 against the Marlins. Not sure why they made the switch then, except maybe they came to their damn senses.

to that extent, because the navy was too similiar to the black of the Marlins, who only brought black on that road trip, because (personal opinion) they are being stupid by refusing to wear grey.. Once this happened, i think they realized how much nicer it looked than the BP uniform, to which I agree

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

to that extent, because the navy was too similiar to the black of the Marlins, who only brought black on that road trip, because (personal opinion) they are being stupid by refusing to wear grey.. Once this happened, i think they realized how much nicer it looked than the BP uniform, to which I agree

Marlins always take orange with them on the road

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Marlins always take orange with them on the road

i swear i saw that what i said was the reason, but i honestly could be wrong and misremembering

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I made this mock up (what seems like) not too long ago.

I don't want to see a roundel logo anymore than anybody else, but it was my attempt at seeing what powder blue and chocolate would look like.

I've always been a fan of the color scheme, so I like it. That's just me. (Depending on your monitor it may appear black, it's not. I promise. It could use some lightening up.)

pads2_zps81324e1a.png

YUSSS!!!

Brown and blue are one of my favorite color combos. LOVE this look for the Padres!

The Giants yesterday officially revealed their custom 2014 World Series Champions logo.

B20NW4QCQAAPg37.jpg

These go along with their custom 2010 and 2012 championship logos:

2324_san_francisco_giants-champion-2010.2368_san_francisco_giants-champion-2012.

However, I don't think I've seen any other teams make custom logos for their World Series championships,,,

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

This year's version is so much worse. Like it looks unprofessional in comparison to the other two. Different designers perhaps?

The font makes it seem unprofessional too me.

Well, considering that the 2010 one uses Copperplate, it's not so bad. The 2012 one is miles better than the other two.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived