MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When will the Reds get a clue and get rid of the black for good? I didn't mind when it was limited to the drop shadow and road cap bill (although better off without those too), but the new prevalence of it in their BP regalia frightens me.

Pretty sure the BP hat in 1999 was solid black, with a red and white wishbone C.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

When will the Reds get a clue and get rid of the black for good? I didn't mind when it was limited to the drop shadow and road cap bill (although better off without those too), but the new prevalence of it in their BP regalia frightens me.

Get with the times, man. The 2000s are upon us. By 2002 every MLB team will have black in its uniforms.

(I'm with you. As a Reds fan, I just roll my eyes.)

"If i have seen and felt a cool base jersey ?" holy :censored:, i got many aut. mlb coolbase jerseys , 4 Ranger jerseys (2 Hamilton, 2 Kinsler, *Do´h* , and that Texas flag is really heavy duty embroidered twill (:censored:ing beautiful i might add) i doubt that Blue Jay head is heavier, but i guess i will never seen it in person, not a Toronto fan (sorry Creamer) :D

BigBubba is correct. I own a Canada Day authentic from '12 and that Blue Jay head is heavy as hell. Heaviest damn patch in any jersey i've owned. If the Jays went to CoolBase, that would be a PITA to handle on the field.

"If i have seen and felt a cool base jersey ?" holy :censored:, i got many aut. mlb coolbase jerseys , 4 Ranger jerseys (2 Hamilton, 2 Kinsler, *Do´h* , and that Texas flag is really heavy duty embroidered twill (:censored:ing beautiful i might add) i doubt that Blue Jay head is heavier, but i guess i will never seen it in person, not a Toronto fan (sorry Creamer) :D

BigBubba is correct. I own a Canada Day authentic from '12 and that Blue Jay head is heavy as hell. Heaviest damn patch in any jersey i've owned. If the Jays went to CoolBase, that would be a PITA to handle on the field.

Yup. That logo is just so heavy and big.

Go A's!

No, you've got it backwards.

Majestic is peddling a jersey so flimsy it can't stand up to having a patch sewn on it.

I've been in phone for the last couple days so perhaps I've msised it but has that been proven?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's some precedent for it from the '60s, but they've taken it to ridiculous and absurd levels with the road caps and especially the road BP gear.

Reds have new bp hats for 2015

Pics?

Nevermind, found them:

pMLB2-20095578dt.jpg

pMLB2-20095589dt.jpg

This is the perfect hat for Movember!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/print.jsp?ymd=20111117&content_id=25996396

The Jays' switch had NOTHING to do with the patch. As was said at the time (and I remember them interviewing a couple of players about it too), the team went back to double knit at the players' request, because they didn't like the COOLBASE.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

About half the teams leave it up to the individual player what material they want the jersey in. The other half are either fully COOLBASE or they are the Jays. I posted the list in another thread, but I have the list on a piece of paper at work, so I can't reprint it here.

Then there are the anomalies, like Aaron Harang, who wore a doubleknit jersey for the all COOLBASE Braves this year. Cliff Lee did that when he was a Ranger, but he's gone with COOLBASE in Philly. I suspect (no confirmation) that Majestic doesn't produce the Phillies pinstripe-style jersey for anyone in doubleknit, so they couldn't produce it for Lee now. Majestic still produces plain white/red/grey/royal, so making one-offs for Harang and Lee wouldn't be a problem. Again, it's just a suspicion.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived