MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

I would love to see the Pirates try to reintroduce vests in the mlb.

Please no. Yes, the Pirates are a team that look good in them, but it would deviate a bit from their current brand. And I don't want to see any team and every team start wearing vests again just because they can. We're already having enough of the camo/cream/stars-n-stripes overload.

Which is why vests are refreshing to counter the overload.

Go A's!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first saw the yellow "leak" I was pretty excited...of course that was incorrect and now we're getting something underwhelming...perhaps camo...probably like the Mets, Reds, Padres. But wait, doesn't that make me a communist since I think it's ridiculous to wear that? Anyway, as a franchise that finds new ways to underwhelm yearly, I wouldn't be surprised if they recycled their military appreciation jerseys (not the standard ones all teams wear on the holidays) from two and three seasons ago. It was desert camo, had their current wordmark, and a black hat/camo P. They were last worn 2/3 games in a series in May '13 (I was at those games so I know)...or they'll just recycle that style, but slap the giant "P" on the chest like the black jersey.

KISSwall09.jpg

When I first saw the yellow "leak" I was pretty excited...of course that was incorrect and now we're getting something underwhelming...perhaps camo...probably like the Mets, Reds, Padres. But wait, doesn't that make me a communist since I think it's ridiculous to wear that? Anyway, as a franchise that finds new ways to underwhelm yearly, I wouldn't be surprised if they recycled their military appreciation jerseys (not the standard ones all teams wear on the holidays) from two and three seasons ago. It was desert camo, had their current wordmark, and a black hat/camo P. They were last worn 2/3 games in a series in May '13 (I was at those games so I know)...or they'll just recycle that style, but slap the giant "P" on the chest like the black jersey.

I was hoping for a yellow alternate, much like the BP jerseys of a couple years ago, so if it is camo, that would be a disappointment. Coming off back to back playoff years, I guess we'll just have to wait for another change later. Too many positive things happening with the franchise to get down about uniforms.

Am I the only member of these boards who likes this Pirates hat from the past?

http://www.hatS%20blk%20red.jpg

Yes, that was from 1997-2000, then brought back briefly during the red vest jersey mistake. It was a sharp design, and strongly associated with the 1997 team which was a surprise contender.
Red vest jersey mistake, yes....but that hat fit well with the previous black alternate jersey !

Am I the only member of these boards who likes this Pirates hat from the past?

http://www.hatS%20blk%20red.jpg

Yes, that was from 1997-2000, then brought back briefly during the red vest jersey mistake. It was a sharp design, and strongly associated with the 1997 team which was a surprise contender.
Red vest jersey mistake, yes....but that hat fit well with the previous black alternate jersey !

Agreed, I own both the hat and black alternate jersey from those years. I'm also a fan of the black hat with yellow bill which was used around 2003 or so.

No more vests, please.

Besides, wouldn't that hurt jersey sales? Wouldn't most fans be hesitant to wear a vest jersey? .

Said the guys at Adidas.
Well played, my friend. Very well played.

Can't wait for the new Pirates uniform. If the hats are cool looking, I want to be the first one to buy one from Lids today.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Archived