MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually love these changes. The teal is finally noticeable on the home and road wordmarks without blending in between the navy and silver. Amazing socks too. Also while unnecessary and the cream brings it down a bit blue and yellow is a great color scheme, and it's nice they kept their current logos without going to anything tacky from the past. I'd be delighted if I was a Mariners fan, even though I was dreading the changes they were going to make.

As long as they keep the alternate as an alternate and nothing else, I am okay with it. It seems as though they won't stray from the teal and navy scheme. They actually accentuated the teal, which is great. But I have to admit the blue and gold does look nice. Some team (Brewers, I'm looking at you) needs to wear blue and gold.

Official release from the Mariners' Twitter:

B8DjW50CAAAdEi7.jpg

I can't say it was what I was expecting, but regardless I like how it looks. The cap reminds me of their late 80's/early 90's look, and I don't mind the cream too much. Also good catch on the similarity between the new font and the old Marlins unis.

If I did my math correctly, we can expect to see these new uniforms for thirteen games, maybe fifteen if they wear them for spring training (I feel like that won't be the case however).

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

So, the striped stirrups are great, but everything else ranges from bad to horrendous.

The blue and yellow alternates are garbage. They are unnecessary, they pay homage to a look of horrible teams playing in front of a few thousand people and on the verge of relocation. Making them cream-colored is asinine since the team didn't start playing until the doubleknit era, and never once wore cream uniforms.

The changes to the home and road set are even more disheartening. They messed with a great, classic set for no damn reason. And on top of that, the changes make the uniforms look worse. This is just like the changes the Indians made in 2002. They took a great set and shoe-horned silver in between the numbers and outlines, making it look like a muddied mess. It would look bad on its own, but it's even worse since it's messing with 20 years of continuity just because. The Indians fixed their mistake in a few years, but instead of going back to the previous great set, they ventured into the soulless block era. Hopefully the Mariners walk these changes back in a few years instead of trying to go into a bold new era. Then again, the Mariners have kinda been a :censored:ty organization, so I could fully see them saying "Well, we can't improve the team, but we can improve the uniforms by making them new."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The wordmark looked better before; the dark outer outline clutters the thing.

But the Sunday version, despite this flaw, is great! The real colours! No player names! And the striped stirrups! All very, very good. All better than the primary uniform.

Now what's needed is a rule requiring players to wear their pants correctly, with the bottom elastic coming anywhere between just below the knee and just above the Achilles tendon, according to the player's preference. (And of course we need all pants to have elastic in them.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

More photos from the team Twitter

B8DqBnNCIAA2Cqe.jpg

NOB on the home whites feels cluttered to me even though there is great cohesion with the entire look.

That looks horrible. Much, much worse than the previous set. It doesn't make the teal pop, it makes it look darker. And worst of all, just as with that Indians set I mentioned, silver looks like absolute crap when paired with the gray uniforms. It'll either look like mismatched gray or appear to be white. They cluttered the set for no reason.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

More photos from the team Twitter

B8DqBnNCIAA2Cqe.jpg

NOB on the home whites feels cluttered to me even though there is great cohesion with the entire look.

That looks horrible. Much, much worse than the previous set. It doesn't make the teal pop, it makes it look darker. And worst of all, just as with that Indians set I mentioned, silver looks like absolute crap when paired with the gray uniforms. It'll either look like mismatched gray or appear to be white. They cluttered the set for no reason.

The Indians pointlessly added silver, the Mariners already had it. The only thing they did was change it's position. It absolutely makes the teal pop, before it bled into the navy since the two colors were too dark to be touching each other and the silver just made if get lost. It looks absolutely beautiful and incredibly sharp to me. Besides the Jays and Mets in 2012 I can't think of a better change to a primary set in baseball in a long time. Also any history they had with the previous set was irrelevant, the team never made a World Series and had a 13 year playoff drought going with them.

Archived