TVIXX

MLB Changes 2015

The Marlins comparison is valid on the new wordmarks. I never had a problem seeing the teal "glow" but I understand why they changed it.

From time to time when I would see the late '80s set, it always surprised be how much the progression to the teal sets weren't as drastic as it seemed.

These new alts are like the missing link or "what could have been." I like it as a one-off, but not much more. The navy and teal were modern classics and this could lead to worse things down the road. Worse IMO, of course.

New alts reminded me a lot of these, and these were one of my least favorite uni changes ever:

scan0011.jpg

p-535921-ken-griffey-jr-baseball-card-19

Finding these pics only confirmed my thumbs down.

I hated that Seattle uniform set, but for whatever reason, I liked the hats for the Bellingham Mariners...

Joseph-Georger.jpg?id=ad019ba9-b64f-4d96

The uniforms were the same, but I thought the "B" hat looked really good, whereas the "S" hat was atrocious...

Horrible. As if the uniforms weren't bad enough, going with "M's" and a baseball as the primary logo should have caused someone in the marketing department to lose his or her job. The M's? Seriously?

How is M's any worse than A's?
Because the A's logo actually has the word "Athletics" in it.

And because Oakland had been using "A's" for about 15 years when a team in their division decided to create a store-brand knockoff of it.

Minority opinion it seems, but dI really, really like the new Mariners jersey and wordmarks, makes them look a LOT better.

NOB colours, i could pass, but even with that, it is an upgrade.

Wish they would have dropped the NOB on all three though.

The Marlins comparison is valid on the new wordmarks. I never had a problem seeing the teal "glow" but I understand why they changed it.

From time to time when I would see the late '80s set, it always surprised be how much the progression to the teal sets weren't as drastic as it seemed.

These new alts are like the missing link or "what could have been." I like it as a one-off, but not much more. The navy and teal were modern classics and this could lead to worse things down the road. Worse IMO, of course.

New alts reminded me a lot of these, and these were one of my least favorite uni changes ever:

scan0011.jpg

I hated that Seattle uniform set, but for whatever reason, I liked the hats for the Bellingham Mariners...

The uniforms were the same, but I thought the "B" hat looked really good, whereas the "S" hat was atrocious...

Horrible. As if the uniforms weren't bad enough, going with "M's" and a baseball as the primary logo should have caused someone in the marketing department to lose his or her job. The M's? Seriously?

Really? So if the M's logo had "Mariners" in it, it'd be okay? And the A's logo didn't have "Athletics" in it in the 70s (when they were officially the A's instead of Athletics).

I'm not going to fret too much about the M's logo. It was the 80's...baseball was a completely different business back then.

Eh, M's is fine with me. Realistically, I have no issues with the M's or A's or O's because it shortens a team name that is three syllables.

I must say, I am very impressed with Seattle's new alternate jersey. I love the throwback nod to their past as well as the updates to their main uniforms. If the Mariners decide to make a brand change, I hope they go back to Royal Blue and Gold, but, I'd like to see them also use either kelly green or teal as well. If done right, everyone would be happy and the Mariners would look great.

The new alternate is what would happen if someone looked at the 47 Brand Cooperstown Current hat and decided to turn that into a uniform.

scan0011.jpg

Really? So if the M's logo had "Mariners" in it, it'd be okay? And the A's logo didn't have "Athletics" in it in the 70s (when they were officially the A's instead of Athletics).
No, that M's logo would still have sucked. Bad.

Charley Finley's crazy "Swingin' A's" don't really count.

And the Mariners 1993 rebrand is seriously in the top five of all-time rebrands. Talk about blowing up a culture of losing (Ken Griffey Jr helped too).

Random, but I remember where I was when I first saw the yellow S cap and the navy-teal cap.

One was so bad and the other so good that both were that memorable of moments. :)

Random, but I remember where I was when I first saw the yellow S cap and the navy-teal cap.

One was so bad and the other so good that both were that memorable of moments. :)

So what were they?

The Brewers unveiled a new costumed mascot character at their winter fest.

10929174_10152679183300003_6930400554568

Reminds me of this mascot used by the Brewers in the 1940s:

stincol29_-barrel-manb.jpg

He appears to have the same design as this bobble head from 2009, which was itself based on an update I did of the character a couple years before:

2009_BarrelMan_bobble.jpg

Bonus points for using the 1970s cap logo; hope they make that a bigger part of their identity (and that New Era finally gets the logo right on their throwbacks).

The Cardinals alts were classic, incredible, well designed, very nice. I just don't see it with the Mariners'.

pMLB2-19880881dt.jpg

That's a gorgeous look... for the Brewers.

I also think the Mariners' navy/teal is now the best its ever looked, which is apparently an unpopular opinion around here.

The Cardinals alts were classic, incredible, well designed, very nice. I just don't see it with the Mariners'.

pMLB2-19880881dt.jpg

That's a gorgeous look... for the Brewers.

I also think the Mariners' navy/teal is now the best its ever looked, which is apparently an unpopular opinion around here.

This poster agrees with you. The only problem I have with the tweaks is the silver on the road uniform. I would've made that white as the gray base color can pretty much act in silver's place.

Has anyone seen the sleeves of the home and road? Did they add piping to the arms like they have on the alternates?

Also, anybody else notice they moved the compass rose down lower into the M?

Interesting development on the MLB Shop website. The Cleveland Indians have an on-field version of the Chief Wahoo caps and a 2015 on-field version of the Chief Wahoo caps. The 2015 versions appear to be darker.

Here's the evidence:

pMLB2-19891900dt.jpg

The regular on-field version

pMLB2-3537308dt.jpg

Interesting development on the MLB Shop website. The Cleveland Indians have an on-field version of the Chief Wahoo caps and a 2015 on-field version of the Chief Wahoo caps. The 2015 versions appear to be darker.

Here's the evidence:

pMLB2-19891900dt.jpg

The regular on-field version

pMLB2-3537308dt.jpg

This was noted a few pages back (p. 38, with h/t BMac). The hats are indeed returning to the darker navy.

pMLB2-19891900dt.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that the chief wahoo logo (as controversial as it is) looks great on a hat? Not the all navy hat, but the one with the red bill

Racist or not, I just don't like the Chief Wahoo logo. Lots of thin, short strokes...just not well-designed. The block C is even worse; there's absolutely nothing distinctive about it.

The Brewers unveiled a new costumed mascot character at their winter fest.

10929174_10152679183300003_6930400554568

While I'd love it if Milwaukee went full-blown royal and yellow, the navy and non-metallic gold look good together. I am glad they brought barrel man back though.

The Brewers unveiled a new costumed mascot character at their winter fest.10929174_10152679183300003_6930400554568

and so the rebrand talk begin!!!