MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Whoever updates the uniforms on teams' wikipedia pages needs to get their act together. They're missing the new Twins, Mariners, and Giants uniforms

Bwahahahahaha. Yeah. It's funny, I always do it the same way every year, but occasionally people send me messages letting me know they're wrong or just going ahead and editing them, usually with logos copied and stretched or strange colors. The yellow Phillies alt was a fun one. Just so you know, I actually already made the changes. I just haven't uploaded them yet. When I made the changes, I decided to skip the usual complications and add a kind of FAQ to my Talk Page to try to head off questions I frequently get:

1. I make new season changes to MLB uniforms during Spring Training, usually a week or two before the beginning of the regular season. This is because during Spring Training, the uniforms see game use, and the combination of jersey, pants, socks, caps, etc. becomes evident. Before that, most new jerseys don't even get seen with anything but a pair of jeans, and decisions are still not final yet.

2. The Wikipedia MLB Uniform Images show a team's home, away, and alternate uniforms. Special one-off uniforms are not included, such at the Stars and Stripes uniforms, or one-time throwbacks. Including all of these would cause the image to get way too unwieldy for some teams. The goal is to have a standard-size image that is at a legible size. If it is in regular, scheduled rotation, it is included. If a team never uses their home or away uniform, though, it is still included, due to the official designation by the team.

3. These are images of the current uniform. That means if you saw a uniform in play, it should look exactly like this image to every detail possible at the size. That means patches as well. If there's a new memorial or special event patch that I haven't added, please let me know.

4. There is one instance of each jersey shown. The primary part of the uniform, at least in my opinion, is the jersey. If the same jersey is shown with different pants, socks, caps, etc. it doesn't count as a separate uniform. All combinations will not be shown.

5. While I created the original NFL template, I no longer maintain them. Please contact User: JohnnySeoul or User: Fma12 for anything relating to them.

6. While I created the current NHL template, I no longer maintain them. Please contact whoever edited that individual image (there's a lot of different users) for anything relating to them. For anything that involved the template, though, I suppose I'd be the one to contact.

But if it makes you feel any better, I do have these ready to upload :wink2: :

1z1rziq.jpgk3npxv.jpgdc6jqr.jpg

I've still got so many questions, though. Why is the golden Twins cap called an "alt" when it's worn with the regular home uniform? Is this not going to be the case? Are the Mariners and Giants replacing old alts, or keeping all versions? I've made a new better-looking-than-before Mariners script I drew from scratch (the old one was a trace of a resizing of an image from this site) but we've thus far only seen the script for the new alt and the home, as far as I know. What are the color combinations for the colored alts? Silver on teal on navy? White on navy on silver? Silver on teal on white? These are the things I gotta wait to see. I usually go to the galleries on the websites for each game. It gives a good view of what the folks are wearing on a day-by-day basis. Can't wait for the season to get closer. ^_^

I have it on good authority that the Red Sox will throwback to 1975 this season.

Pullovers or red crown hats?

There's no "or". The red-crown era of the Sox came with the pullover jerseys. So it has to be both.

I hope you just mean for a throwback uniform. Although they wore pullovers at the time, I wouldn't mind the red crown appearing as a Friday night alt or something. Not necessarily Sunday. I never really got the whole Sunday alt thing, since I'd think that you'd want to wear your iconic original look on the days most people (especially kids) would get to see you, but a weeknight or two would be nice. It's a good cap, whether paired with a pullover or modernization of the matching uniform or not.

On a side note, I know it's not a uniform/logo matter, but it's a team identity matter, which is in the same lane. Has anyone seen the new 30 Clubs in 30 Days commercial? The graphics they're using include each team having their logo mounted on a local icon. Check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152564552041695&video_source=pages_finch_thumbnail_video

I think it's a really cool idea (but it's right up my alley), although some are ponderous choices. I was trying to figure out what tower was representing the Giants before I realized it was a pier from the Golden Gate Bridge and you could see the deck span the entire screen, more than two-dozen times the size of other teams' icons.

So the Twins have 4 uniforms and 4 caps?

Thanks for the clarification on the Wikipedia thing. And also, the twins don't have the "M" cap anymore. Just thought I'd throw that out there. But thanks again for clarifying, and they look great!

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Twins have 4 uniforms and 4 caps?

Huh. Didn't really realize that until you mentioned it. Yeah. I'm not as against multiple hats as many are on here, and think it can be nice in some instances, but this does seem a bit excessive. XD

Honestly I just wish they'd stick with the regular TC minus the gold.

Hmm... A cursory glance at their photo galleries for 2014 doesn't show the M cap anywhere. MNTwins3 still around? Did they ditch it? If so, I'll have to fix that.

EDIT: Hah! You got me while I was typing this up. Thanks, man. I'll make the fix.

EDIT 2: Also, looks like I got a stray pixel on the Twins pinstripe. I'll have to get that.

EDIT 3: Bwahahaha. I also think I copied the Rays socks over but never edited them. Hey, I told you guys I wasn't ready for prime time yet. XD

spacer.png

spacer.png

Those '90s Indians jerseys were perfection. Home, road, alt, even the unnecessary later road alt was great. I loved everything about those uniforms despite having a burning hatred for those teams. It's a shame how they chipped away at their look since then.

Agreed, provided they wear navy accessories.

I really liked the red shoes and undershirts at home to complement the red-billed cap (and red piping).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That was always too much red for me, especially considering that the script and numbers were red as well.

The Cardinals and Red Sox look good with red numbers, red script, and red accessories.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Cardinals, yes. They're a red team first and foremost.

Red Sox, not so much. I preferred the blue undershirts and jackets.

You are most certainly correct. The color balance is so much better this way.

clemens.jpg

Agreed.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Different colored socks and shirts? Wasn't that one of those issues with the Nationals that just looked weird, even if you couldn't necessarily put your finger on what looked off until someone pointed it out to you? I dunno about mismatching socks and shirts.

In fact, doing a very quick look at pictures of players from the era, it looks like navy shirts were paired up with extremely high red stirrups, so there wasn't much of a contrast. They were essentially wearing white socks with tiny red stripes. I don't know if it would look as good with today's bright red full socks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well, nobody shows their socks these days.

But there wasn't ever a problem with their mostly-red sock in the past.

If they still wore the original socks, there would be more blue and white showing than red when the pants are cuffed high.

yazworldseriesA1.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived