MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is Giancarlo Stanton's new helmet guard.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/26/giancarlo-stanton-has-a-new-helmet-its-pretty-cool/related/

B-z8d6fXAAEE-Tl.jpg

I wonder how long it will be until there are facemark rules in MLB like the NFL.

Is it on purpose that it looks like a G?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Just noticed the baseball (Legend) workout shirts this season have a Star Trek looking font for the team names. I first saw the AstrosK5pyBkZ.jpgand thought that looked pretty cool, it worked for them.

Then I saw the Red Sox 2zbDRD9.jpg?1 ...not so much

Why is the batterman on the Red Sox shirt black and gold?

It's Nike's thing...that color green has sorta become their trademark. They have the same shirt for every team:

pMLB2-19152878dt.jpgpMLB2-19152933dt.jpg

They've got more standard looking ones too, but still with the green stitching on the bottom:

pMLB2-19152601dt.jpgpMLB2-19152606dt.jpg

Anubis.png

You know when you watch movies from the 80s, 90s about people going into the future and everything in the future is always written in this weird futuristic font-- or with the TATC jerseys- and I always said you know in that time period would the KNOW they are in the future? Would they know to use futuristic font everywhere or is that just for cinematic reasons to show how futuristic the future is?

Well apparently that is just the font we use here in the future or Nike is expecting some time travelers to come from 30 years ago to show up soon and wants to impress them.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Re: Padres- Is that a few-times-a-year throwback or is it a hint to a new set?

Those D-Backs unis will be a nice sight. I think their current set suits their identity a bit better, but it is quite bland. Needs some work.

In hindsight, If I were them, I would have stuck with the set they won a Series in. Sure, they're a bit tacky, but they made a name for themselves in them. They would have been very nice with maybe a slightly darker purple.

sig.png

The original Diamondback colors were incredible and perfect for the team. The uniforms weren't very good (overreliance on black for the roads, "A" logo on the chest of the homes, no mention of actual team name). I hope in a few years they go back to the original colors but redo everything else, except maybe the "A" logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

In hindsight, If I were them, I would have stuck with the set they won a Series in. Sure, they're a bit tacky, but they made a name for themselves in them. They would have been very nice with maybe a slightly darker purple.

The purple and teal look would be great IF the home pinstripe set was white and not cream. And the road set would need a total redesign.

Here is Giancarlo Stanton's new helmet guard.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/26/giancarlo-stanton-has-a-new-helmet-its-pretty-cool/related/

B-z8d6fXAAEE-Tl.jpg

I wonder how long it will be until there are facemark rules in MLB like the NFL.

Is it on purpose that it looks like a G?

According to the article, yes.

It's where I sit.

The original Diamondback colors were incredible and perfect for the team. The uniforms weren't very good (overreliance on black for the roads, "A" logo on the chest of the homes, no mention of actual team name). I hope in a few years they go back to the original colors but redo everything else, except maybe the "A" logo.

They wore this a few times, didn't they?

pamhrf7texorglnnno38xkfir.png

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

They wore this a few times, didn't they?

pamhrf7texorglnnno38xkfir.png

That and their full name was on a patch they regularly wore.

1999-patch.jpg

Archived