MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Well, that's certainly good news. Does that mean we're taking a step away from 1999? Now, if someone would just retire that horrible and unnecessary script. :(

Agreed. I know they used script wordmarks many years ago, but the Reds just don't look like right with one.

That particular wordmark always reminds of this logo from a defunct Maryland drug store chain --

reads_drug_brooklyn_park.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was inspired by a script from 1936 and 1937 that did not appear to be overly impressive in its own right...

nl_1936_cincinnati.gif

Well, that's certainly good news. Does that mean we're taking a step away from 1999? Now, if someone would just retire that horrible and unnecessary script. :(

Agreed. I know they used script wordmarks many years ago, but the Reds just don't look like right with one.

That particular wordmark always reminds of this logo from a defunct Maryland drug store chain --

reads_drug_brooklyn_park.jpg

I don't mind the Reds script in very limited applications as long as it never appears on an in-gamer. I feel the same way about bringing back the White Sox' old tailed script: use it for dugout jackets only and keep the blackletter everywhere else.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was skeptical at first, but the new Twins uniforms look pretty good. They're on MLB network right now if you would like to see

I thought they looked pretty terrible. The gold is a pretty worthless addition. And they need better sleeve piping.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I was skeptical at first, but the new Twins uniforms look pretty good. They're on MLB network right now if you would like to see

Are you kidding me? Those uniforms are awful! The subtraction of pinstripes and the addition of gold makes the team look like some generic minor league team, not a serious Major League Baseball team. I miss the old uniforms already! :(

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I thought they looked pretty terrible. The gold is a pretty worthless addition. And they need better sleeve piping.

What a F'N downgrade. The home pinstripes were miles better and the throwbacks are infinitely better, flawed yes but better in every way.

If they wanted to changed the should have made some improvements to the throwbacks and it would have been better than those gold crappers

Love the way those white uniforms pop. The pinstripes on the old uniform were unnecessary, and that overall look was just boring to me. It's a good look for them, imo.

What a F'N downgrade. The home pinstripes were miles better and the throwbacks are infinitely better, flawed yes but better in every way.

If they wanted to changed the should have made some improvements to the throwbacks and it would have been better than those gold crappers

Agreed

The red and gold bleed together, watching them on my iPad they almost looked like an all navy team besides the hat and logo patch.

I agree. Even watching them in HD, they looked like an all-navy team. The red-and-gold outline was difficult to see, at least to me. They just did not look like the Twins.

Doing a Reds' wordmark comparison:Alternate Uniform Script - 1936 through 1937:CincinnatiReds_AUS0101a_1936-1937_SCC_SRBatting Practice Uniform Script - 2011 through 2012:CincinnatiReds_BUS0101a_2011-2012_SCC_SR

Do you have the complete reds logo history?

Oh yeah, the Twins new uniforms may be the biggest downgrade I can ever remember for an MLB team. They have reached a Padres-like level of giving up and just throwing stuff out there every year to just see if something works.

Oh yeah, the Twins new uniforms may be the biggest downgrade I can ever remember for an MLB team. They have reached a Padres-like level of giving up and just throwing stuff out there every year to just see if something works.

This is one of the most exaggerated posts I've read on here in a long time. Biggest downgrade EVER? Throwing stuff out there every year? The former is subjective, but I think Blue Jays fans (among dozens others) would disagree. The latter is just wrong. How are they throwing stuff out there every year, considering their home jersey hadn't noticeably changed for 27years, and their road for nearly that long?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived