MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

My only complaint about the Angels uniforms is the A sleeve patch on the right sleeves. What is even the point of that? The same thing is a foot away in the wordmark. It's also in the sleeve patch, and of course it's on the hat. Why do you they need four haloed A's on the same uniform?

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed with the last two posts. Red on red is only a problem if you can't make anything out. I don't feel that applies here. You can clearly see the A or the wordmark or the name or the number in all red on red cases.

And yeah, the dual shoulder patches are dumb. I'd say lose the standalone A, but the roundel seems just as redundant, given that the halo A is part of the wordmark. They need to come up with a new patch for the sleeve. Maybe something based on their logo would work.

Agreed with the last two posts. Red on red is only a problem if you can't make anything out. I don't feel that applies here. You can clearly see the A or the wordmark or the name or the number in all red on red cases.

And yeah, the dual shoulder patches are dumb. I'd say lose the standalone A, but the roundel seems just as redundant, given that the halo A is part of the wordmark. They need to come up with a new patch for the sleeve. Maybe something based on their logo would work.

A red, navy and silver update of the periwinkle-era sleeve patch would be pretty nice.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't know if something like that would work with the Angels right now. The original logo had Anaheim on it (Arte can't have that) and the sleeve logo was essentially the periwinkle version of the "haloed A" the Angels have used through out their history, which is now their logo again.

I like the California state one with the halo, but again, the same deal with it not being able to fit with the current era because the team isn't called California anymore.

IbjBaeE.png

Obviously not and that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I wish they'd go back to Anaheim Angels (I understand why they won't) or at the very least, put Los Angeles on the road jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

and because I prefer locations on gray roads I wish they'd just go back to this

ga42.jpg

I know why they won't, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Can Los Angeles of Anehiem really fit onto a jersey?

Weren't they given the green light to go back to the Los Angeles Angels?

I did remember a while ago that New Era said they would switch to the Diamond Era fabric caps exclusively, and that their contract was up. From what I know now, 1) New Era has reupped, for how long, I don't know, and 2) the change to the DE caps will not happen; the normal polyester caps will still be used.

UBwef0L.png

I did remember a while ago that New Era said they would switch to the Diamond Era fabric caps exclusively, and that their contract was up. From what I know now, 1) New Era has reupped, for how long, I don't know, and 2) the change to the DE caps will not happen; the normal polyester caps will still be used.

Speaking of New Era and Polyester/Diamond Era, which one do you guys prefer. The last new era cap was a Reds road cap circa 2002 (wool). And haven't bought any cap made from the new fabrics. Is it true they don't shrink and don't mold to your head? Which one is cooler (temperature wise)? Are the bills very stiff and unbendable?

^ I could go either way, to answer your Q; but the regular polyester game caps do stay dry to the touch when I run wearing them; the same applies to the Diamond Era caps. They ARE washable (just ry and use a ballcap holder when doing so), and once they get at least one wash, they are moldable to any shape you like, otherwise they can be fairly stiff.

UBwef0L.png

it's a great look but there is one thing that really bugs me about the Angels and that is they named after Angels and for some reason use the color of Demons, I honestly think that if drop the red and went to navy/blue and gold or maybe even just white and gold it would fit better than colors they wear now IMO.

It's a fallacy to assume that red is only associated with demons and cannot be associated with angels.

RL_ArchangelMichael_1_zps03uazkhp.jpg

Poulakis_Theodoros_-_The_archangel_Micha

P4976_zpsrla3xjrz.jpg

Red works.

... Well, it is now the 21st century, and red is clearly not the color most people associate with angels.

If you are still having that much trouble understanding this, do a google image search for "angels" in one window, and a google image search for "devils" in another window. Your "angels" window will be almost entirely showing colors like white, light blue, and gold, for pages and pages. Your "devils" window will be almost entirely showing colors like red and black, for pages and pages. There is really no debate here. Red is clearly associated with devils much, much, much more than it is ever associated with angels, regardless of the few pics that were posted here (and whatever the **** century they are from).

I think the Angels could look good (and more appropriate for their name) by switching to some sort of light blue, white, and yellow/gold color scheme. But I am not necessarily advocating that the Angels drop the red, because I think it is important for them to look different from the Dodgers, to keep their tradition, because I just plain think their current identity and uniforms look good, and because a color scheme that looks too "angelic" may come across as being not solid enough or "tough/agressive/intimidating/bold" enough. But at the same time, I can at least admit that it is silly for a team named the Angels to cover themselves in a color that is clearly understood to be the color of the devil by most people.

As for the wordmark blending into the background, obviously people are talking about the red alternate, not the white home jersey.

Mike+Trout+Los+Angeles+Angels+Anaheim+v+

You do know that Satan or "The Devil" is one of the 1/3 of Heavenly angels that left Heaven. So if the devil is red, then red is an angelic color.

good, I HATE the look of the DE cap fabric, if NE switched to that fulltime, that's would be the end of me buying hats. I like the current material, just wish it wouldn't shrink so easily if you sweat in it but the look of it is SO MUCH BETTER than DE material in my opinion

Mets, Jets, Islanders

good, I HATE the look of the DE cap fabric, if NE switched to that fulltime, that's would be the end of me buying hats. I like the current material, just wish it wouldn't shrink so easily if you sweat in it but the look of it is SO MUCH BETTER than DE material in my opinion

Thanks for the input. Would you recommend me getting my true size 7 1/8 or go a size bigger in case they shrink a little?

Not to long ago they also had a salmon on the team ? :wacko:

Tim Salmon. You could say that he was a pretty decent player...
He was no Trout though.

Anyone remember Bass?

Kevin Bass. His picture made an appearance in one of these threads.

Archived