MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orioles: Black (Friday games) & Orange (Saturday games ?)

Im not sure how the Orange will work this year. Orange at home on sat is a given, but I'm not sure how the road will work. I'm thinking they will continue the trend, and wear orange on the road as they did late last year, but i dunno for sure.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

New York Yankees:

White Pinstripes with interlocking "NY"- All home games

Grey with slightly arching block "New York"- All road games

God Bless 'em. (And any other team that only has home white & road gray options.)
Detroit. Anyone else?

Dodgers.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

New York Yankees:

White Pinstripes with interlocking "NY"- All home games

Grey with slightly arching block "New York"- All road games

God Bless 'em. (And any other team that only has home white & road gray options.)
Detroit. Anyone else?

Dodgers.

Dodgers have an alternate road uniform

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Mariners and Dodgers will participate in the 2015 Civil Rights Game on April 15. So far I've only seen the Mariners hats, which are their normal navy ones with the same patch from last year.

Looks like they're both just the regular hats with patches added. Too bad, I liked the throwbacks last year from Houston and Baltimore.

not to mention, white and grey are the best templates for show off team colours.

they allow for the logos to be featured, such as the way the orioles and baltimore script show up in perfectly orange and black, rather than needing to eliminate a colour on the logo(see the replacement of orange into black on the orioles oranges, and the elimination of black on the black jersey) or having the team colours blend in(see pirates BP, braves blue for a couple example.

not to mention it's been the established baseball aesthetic since creation, besides some dark periods in the 1970 1980s, and even then it wasn't every team.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I know most of you don't give a tug about the Rockies, given that there are 6 mentions across 73 pages in this thread (I read the first 20 pages, started out on the side of brown for the Padres, got annoyed to the point where I hate the idea of brown for the Padres, and gave up actually reading the thread for about 50 pages, just using Ctrl + F "Rockies" to check).

However, I would like to chime in and point out a few things about the 2015 Rockies:

There is no black jersey option, except the BP.

There is no monogram black jersey option, except the BP.

Purple Mondays at home will continue this season, so the gorgeous black-on-purple jerseys will still make regular appearances.

The purple pinstripes are back for the white homes, with "Rockies" across the chest.

Three of the four caps (including BP) feature purple bills.

I'm pretty happy about all this, despite the black vests still holding a place in my heart. Anyone still arguing that Colorado is still too heavily black and not purple enough has no leg to stand on any more. PURPLE PINSTRIPES! To me, this is THE Rockies look and I hope they pair them with the all-purple alt caps as often as possible. The primary caps are still all-black, but without a black jersey option, that shouldn't be a problem.

I know most of you don't give a tug about the Rockies, given that there are 6 mentions across 73 pages in this thread (I read the first 20 pages, started out on the side of brown for the Padres, got annoyed to the point where I hate the idea of brown for the Padres, and gave up actually reading the thread for about 50 pages, just using Ctrl + F "Rockies" to check).

However, I would like to chime in and point out a few things about the 2015 Rockies:

Purple Mondays at home will continue this season, so the gorgeous black-on-purple jerseys will still make regular appearances.

The purple pinstripes are back for the white homes, with "Rockies" across the chest.

I'm pretty happy about all this, despite the black vests still holding a place in my heart. Anyone still arguing that Colorado is still too heavily black and not purple enough has no leg to stand on any more. PURPLE PINSTRIPES! To me, this is THE Rockies look and I hope they pair them with the all-purple alt caps as often as possible. The primary caps are still all-black, but without a black jersey option, that shouldn't be a problem.

What about the sleeveless alternate? It's black

Also, has anyone else noticed that the orioles are wearing the road helmets with the home uniforms? Are they also wearing the black hats? Is this just for spring training? Has this already been asked?

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

All the information I could find pointed to the vests being gone. When you mentioned it, I contacted the team via Twitter and the confirmed that they are still around.

So I misspoke when I said there was no black option.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the orioles are wearing the road helmets with the home uniforms? Are they also wearing the black hats? Is this just for spring training? Has this already been asked?

I believe it is just easier for the team to only carry one batting helmet for Spring Training. The Cardinals started a couple of years ago with only red helmets/hats when they had Opening Day at Arizona. That's usually a designated navy hat/helmet because the Dbacks wear red. The Orioles wear the normal home hats at home for ST. On the road, they wear the black/orange front BP hat.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

Archived