MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

EDIT: I was told I had used too many quotes, and in trying to clean them up I accidentally screwed up some of the formatting. I hope no one minds if some things get twisted together. I'm sure everyone understand what I'm talking about and who I'm talking to.

did you really expect people to read all of that?

I read everything.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe this has been mentioned yet but the Indians have also changed the shade of blue on their alternate jerseys as well.

Yeah and it is really dark.

sQsVK0l.jpg

I know they changed the shade on the caps and it makes sense for the alt to match it. But wow, this looks really dark.

Now the Twins and Indians don't have matching alternate navy's

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I don't believe this has been mentioned yet but the Indians have also changed the shade of blue on their alternate jerseys as well.

Yeah and it is really dark. sQsVK0l.jpg

I know they changed the shade on the caps and it makes sense for the alt to match it. But wow, this looks really dark.

Now the Twins and Indians don't have matching alternate navy's

Too dark . They should have left the jersey as it was.

I know that this does not count as evidence of anything; but I could not resist sharing it, in light of the recent conversation about the Giants' history.

I happened to be watching a Beastie Boys performance from 2004, and I was very pleased to see Mix Master Mike wearing a New York Giants cap with a then-current Giants sweatshirt. That wordmark was vertically arched, so it matched the mark that the Giants used on their uniforms from the early 1930s through to the late 1970s.

Mix-Master-Mike-NY-Baseball-Giants_zpszf

Right there is a man who respects history.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Yeah and it is really dark.

sQsVK0l.jpg

They should just go ahead and change their colors to black and red with all these blue and red teams in MLB, but I think this looks sharp.

CCHXvx2VIAA9Rsn.jpg

CCHkQchUoAAfhao.jpg

I'm normally against this, but I've warmed up to the idea of the Giants ditching any attempt at putting San Francisco or SF on the roads (even though I do like both) in favor of just going with a grey version of the home set, similar to what the Cardinals do. It wouldn't be absolutely ideal, but what they have now isn't either, and their home set is strong enough to carry over to the road set IMO.

Truth is though, they'd be best served just going back to the road set they had in 2010, squished word mark and all. That was as close to effect as they've ever been.

I liked when they had the condensed-block "San Francisco" without any gold drop-shadowing, which gets lost between orange and grey.

Marichal-Juan-739_800.jpg

Can't go wrong emulating Juan Marichal! Sartorially, at least.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know that this does not count as evidence of anything; but I could not resist sharing it, in light of the recent conversation about the Giants' history.

I happened to be watching a Beastie Boys performance from 2004, and I was very pleased to see Mix Master Mike wearing a New York Giants cap with a then-current Giants sweatshirt. That wordmark was vertically arched, so it matched the mark that the Giants used on their uniforms from the early 1930s through to the late 1970s.

Mix-Master-Mike-NY-Baseball-Giants_zpszf

Right there is a man who respects history.

If the word mark was vertically arched, then it wasn't current in 2004. The Giants ditched the vertically arched wordmark in 2000.

The Indians' new alts are bad-bad-bad. You can call them "midnight navy" all you want, but if they look freaking black in literally every image other than viewed through a magnifying glass in direct sunlight, they're black. The Braves and Red Sox have worn navy alts with closely-matched dark caps, and neither of those teams looked like they were wearing black jerseys.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I kinda like it.

Me too, it's definitely better than the light navy the Rays/Brewers use.

The lighting in Houston is pretty dark, so hard to judge the photos we've seen lately. Wait til we see it in natural light to see it better.

Archived