MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Nope. May look lighter in some photos, but New Era sends the Yanks and Sox the exact same shade of blue cap.

New Era only offers two shades of navy; the lighter one worn by the Brewers and Rays, and the midnight navy seen on the Yankees, Red Soc, Mariners, Braves and others. The Indians used to use the lighter shade for their Yahoo caps and midnight for their C caps, but now both are standardized to midnight.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh man, I can see those in purple and the Rockies wearing them. Blinding fielders everywhere. On a serious note, I saw the Pirates wearing regular gray road unis today.

Guys, you do know what comes after Matte on the trend scale, don't you?

under-armour-protective-uabh100c-adult-s

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

oh man, I can see those in purple and the Rockies wearing them. Blinding fielders everywhere. On a serious note, I saw the Pirates wearing regular gray road unis today.

I think it's safe to say mlb wouldn't allow this, likely on the grounds that it would supposedly be too distracting.

Various shades of Navy used by MLB teams (in Pantone Textile terms):

Atlanta:

PTX_19-4025_TCX_SRGB.png

Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, L.A. Angels, N.Y. Yankees, St. Louis:

PTX_19-4023_TCX_SRGB.png

Milwaukee:

PTX_19-4013_TCX_SRGB.png

Houston, San Diego, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Washington:

PTX_19-3935_TCX_SRGB.png

Minnesota, Seattle:

PTX_19-4028_TCX_SRGB.png

Various shades of Navy used by MLB teams (in Pantone Textile terms):

Atlanta:

PTX_19-4025_TCX_SRGB.png

Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, L.A. Angels, N.Y. Yankees, St. Louis:

PTX_19-4023_TCX_SRGB.png

Milwaukee:

PTX_19-4013_TCX_SRGB.png

Houston, San Diego, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Washington:

PTX_19-3935_TCX_SRGB.png

Minnesota, Seattle:

PTX_19-4028_TCX_SRGB.png

Very interesting post but does anyone have any pics of Milwaukee wearing that shade of navy because nothing I've ever seen them wear even closely resembles that, at least not to my eyes.

Overall though, I'm guessing those are the cap colors? Because I feel like some of those teams like Boston especially might have three shades of navy like on their caps, helmets, and navy jerseys which all seem different to me.

I think it's safe to say mlb wouldn't allow this, likely on the grounds that it would supposedly be too distracting.

Yeah. they made pitchers cut their dotted sleeves the one year, which was pretty ridiculous to me

My opinions... I like the clean look of the jersey, the pinstripes weren't a necessity for the Twins, I like changing the word font to navy as the red just smelled of the Metrodome and that place is in the past it was time for an update. The gold is minor and provides a difference from the Indians because those two are way too similar in colors for my tastes and I've always wanted more differences. You can say it's unnecessary in the caps but it doesn't look horrible. I'm just confused how the cap is considered an alternate if it's worn with the home jersey.

Unpopular opinion, I guess, but I like the Twins update quite a bit. A nice freshening of a uniform that had looked very very dated, and brings it in line with the updates to the away jersey, which I also see as an upgrade. Could do without that alt hat though.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

They should lose (badly) all the games they play with that uniform. If they wanted a home uniform that didn't go along with the others in the set they should have used the throwback always.

Exactly. Their logos and wordmarks feature silver but their home uniform is using gold instead. They're a mess. Also, why would you mess with such a classic good looking cap just for the sake of adding a stupid outline?

harmon-killebrews-quotes-5.jpg

Archived