MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love their white wordmark on the gray. I actualy wish the gray was a little darker, like how it appears in that picture.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

oh man, I can see those in purple and the Rockies wearing them. Blinding fielders everywhere. On a serious note, I saw the Pirates wearing regular gray road unis today.

Guys, you do know what comes after Matte on the trend scale, don't you?

under-armour-protective-uabh100c-adult-s

I think it's safe to say mlb wouldn't allow this, likely on the grounds that it would supposedly be too distracting.

I don't know how college/high school governing bodies allow it.

They should lose (badly) all the games they play with that uniform. If they wanted a home uniform that didn't go along with the others in the set they should have used the throwback always.

Exactly. Their logos and wordmarks feature silver but their home uniform is using gold instead. They're a mess. Also, why would you mess with such a classic good looking cap just for the sake of adding a stupid outline?

harmon-killebrews-quotes-5.jpg

The hope that you may get four or five people to buy one because of the outline.

Didn't the Pirates do the same thing with their alt cap (add an outline to the primary cap)?

oh man, I can see those in purple and the Rockies wearing them. Blinding fielders everywhere. On a serious note, I saw the Pirates wearing regular gray road unis today.

I think it's safe to say mlb wouldn't allow this, likely on the grounds that it would supposedly be too distracting.

I don't know how college/high school governing bodies allow it.

They should lose (badly) all the games they play with that uniform. If they wanted a home uniform that didn't go along with the others in the set they should have used the throwback always.

Exactly. Their logos and wordmarks feature silver but their home uniform is using gold instead. They're a mess. Also, why would you mess with such a classic good looking cap just for the sake of adding a stupid outline?harmon-killebrews-quotes-5.jpg

The hope that you may get four or five people to buy one because of the outline.

Didn't the Pirates do the same thing with their alt cap (add an outline to the primary cap)?

I wish the Twins would've used the retro as the home uniform. But I still bought the outlined cap anyway. It looks sweet. The new jersey is okay

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Yep. Two outlines, actually. And it was equally stupid then.

And it still is. I can live with a colored bill version of classic caps for some teams but coming up with a "different" hat only for a damn logo outline is a real joke... It is especially idiotic when the original cap is still around anyhow.

I didn't realize how much I had missed this look until today. They look like themselves for the first time since 1997.

usa-today-8518083.0.jpg

189Phillies%20Mets%20Baseball%20.JPEG

The whole game itself looks the same as it did 20 years ago, and it looks damn good

Except for the phillies silly number font, pants and sleeve stripes, and over use of white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I didn't realize how much I had missed this look until today. They look like themselves for the first time since 1997.

usa-today-8518083.0.jpg

The whole game itself looks the same as it did 20 years ago, and it looks damn good

Except for the phillies silly number font, pants and sleeve stripes, and over use of white.

I hate those Phillies away uniforms. They are so dated. The cuff stripes and the fonts are terrible.

usa-today-8518083.0.jpg

I hate those Phillies away uniforms. They are so dated. The cuff stripes and the fonts are terrible.

I honestly really like the font. it's different, without being too too crazy as compared to the rest of baseball

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I always think of that style as an offset single outline. Either way, it's terrible for the Pirates, and their black alternate jersey (which they freaking wear 80 times a year) is a crime against humanity.

As for the Phillies road set, I'm not a huge fan of it. However, I think their stripes have moved past "dated" and are now just "Phillies". They've been wearing this set for nearly a quarter of a century. Nobody else uses thick cuffs or pants stripes like that anymore (the Sox' cuffs are thinner, and they removed the pants stripes because derp). I think the Phillies surely could do better with a road set, but I think this look is perfectly acceptable at this point.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yeah. they made pitchers cut their dotted sleeves the one year, which was pretty ridiculous to me

The dotted sleeves looked ridiculous enough to begin with. It's a plus to see them go.

usa-today-8518083.0.jpg

Wow. Even watching the old cream pinstripes live, I found myself not being able to tell whether or not they were cream. I guess I'd gotten used to it, and all the pictures of them wearing their original pinstripes were old and low quality. I've often agonized over whether the clean snow whites or the pinstripes were a better look. Looking at these pictures, there's no contest. They look beautiful, bright, classic, and classy. This is how they should always look.

I always think of that style as an offset single outline. Either way, it's terrible for the Pirates, and their black alternate jersey (which they freaking wear 80 times a year) is a crime against humanity.

As for the Phillies road set, I'm not a huge fan of it. However, I think their stripes have moved past "dated" and are now just "Phillies". They've been wearing this set for nearly a quarter of a century. Nobody else uses thick cuffs or pants stripes like that anymore (the Sox' cuffs are thinner, and they removed the pants stripes because derp). I think the Phillies surely could do better with a road set, but I think this look is perfectly acceptable at this point.

I agree. It's similar to how I feel about the Yankees' road grays. The features may be evocative of a certain time period, but there's so much history behind them that it's a classic part of their history. That Phillies road uniform is a nice look that is the uniform they marched into a dome with and won their first World Series game in 15 years, and for better or worse they wore it for three out of their seven pennants. It doesn't look half bad and it's evocative of good times. It IS the Phillies.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Indians tonight wearing their updated navy jersey at home with the red billed Wahoo cap and red undershirts and they look excellent! The midnight navy on the jersey is still too dark and comes off black in certain shots but the red shirts and the cap top off the look beautifully!

Indians tonight wearing their updated navy jersey at home with the red billed Wahoo cap and red undershirts and they look excellent! The midnight navy on the jersey is still too dark and comes off black in certain shots but the red shirts and the cap top off the look beautifully!

These were awesome back in the days and the updated version still is! They should stop wearing their cream and red alt and use the navy with red billed Wahoo hats and red accessories at home instead.

large_mannyclevetd.jpg

The Yankees aways have pretty similar cuff stripes.

Archived