MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Paying regular season money for tickets and seeing your team trot out in practice jerseys is rather insulting.

Really? That's insulting? It's not the performance of the team or anything? It's the practice jersey? Okay.

If I paid big bucks to do business with a lawyer I'd expect a suit and tie not the sweatpants and tshirt he wears to work out...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paying regular season money for tickets and seeing your team trot out in practice jerseys is rather insulting.

Really? That's insulting? It's not the performance of the team or anything? It's the practice jersey? Okay.

If I paid big bucks to do business with a lawyer I'd expect a suit and tie not the sweatpants and tshirt he wears to work out...

Yeah it shows that the team doesn't consider the game that you paid to see important enough to even get dressed up for. Does it impact the actual play? Probably not. But it sends a bad message.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah it shows that the team doesn't consider the game that you paid to see important enough to even get dressed up for. Does it impact the actual play? Probably not. But it sends a bad message.

They also just look silly. Like they forgot to change out of their BP set and just said "Ahhh :censored: it".

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Pirates wearing their Camo today. Dear God, if they get hot wearing these things...we will never see the whites and grays ever again.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

and it's not mutually exclusive. Both their appearance and play on the field can be insulting at the same time.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm not sure I would use a word as strong as "insulting", but it's certainly disappointing. When the Mets played the Reds in Cincinnati last year, one thing I was looking forward to was seeing the beautiful, classic Mets gray road uniforms on the field in person again. What did they do? They wore the blue alts. :( Did it ruin my night? Of course not, but still...

Random question, have the Red Sox ever worn a white cap in any fashion? I've looked it up but couldn't find anything. I feel a lot of teams could benefit from a white colored cap. Yes, I know some teams sported the cap with the white portion on the front.

Random question, have the Red Sox ever worn a white cap in any fashion? I've looked it up but couldn't find anything. I feel a lot of teams could benefit from a white colored cap. Yes, I know some teams sported the cap with the white portion on the front.

Yes, in around 1997. I'll look for a picture. I may even have a ticket with a picture of it. That's where I remember seeing it anyway.

The famed alternate caps of 1997. One was close to the mid-70s cap but with the logo colors reversed, the other was this mysterious white cap that was worn maaaybe once?

sox1.jpg

As for the Friday alts, I think I've posted this 100 times, but the previous red alt from the early 2000s was perfect. The navy piping makes all the difference. (There is no repairing the navy alt, however)

New+York+Yankees+v+Boston+Red+Sox+Game+O

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Yep, 1997, same as the Mets:

1199953984_abe23f0725_o.jpg

Anubis.png

Watched the Pirates and Cubs game today.

I wasn't really a fan of the camo jerseys for the Pirates.

Wearing camo/patriotic jerseys on an American Holiday (Memorial Day, Flag Day, 4th of July, etc...) is one thing. I can live with that.

But wearing these type of jerseys as part of the regular rotation is another thing.

IMO, the only team(s) that should be allowed to wear a camo-type jersey are the San Diego Padres because they were the one who started it so they're grandfathered in. OR a new team in a place that has STRONG military ties, such as Norfolk, VA. Even then, that's just stretching it a little bit.

I see where your going with it but if the sweatpants and t-shirt lawyer gets me more money than the suit and tie lawyer I'll take him every time.

You pay to see players dress well but their main goal is winning the games.

The thing I like about the Padres alternates are that you can see their cool double piping because it's white, but it's completely lost on the white and gray jerseys because the piping that touches the edges of the sleeve and neck are the same color as their undershirts.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Padres are one team I prefer in their alts. The whites of this set are so bland. And do we ever see the grays? Miss the khaki. Go blue until you're brown again.

How do they look any more bland than other teams' whites? Although the sand is what made these unis interesting the most, and they have gotten away from it. I still think these look sharp though.

Archived