MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Seriously, what were the Reds thinking when they decided to ever switch away from this set?

4DEAC2DE-3A6E-475E-B2B5-098C397C04A9_zps

7F2AFC04-345C-474D-B58F-2C16997ED467_zps

BE35EE79-E4FC-4B3D-AAA4-694DC9AB17A7_zps

It is absolutely PERFECT. Large blocky simple numbers and names, lack of black drop shadows, those AWESOME stripes! Make this a button up and bring it back full time and it's the best uniform in the bigs.

The giant name font? Surely you jest...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Reds are going to be wearing 1990 throwbacks tonight.

But because it's Majestic and these are pullovers expect the jerseys to be way too big and the sleeves to be way too long. Much longer than even their regular jersey sleeves, for some reason.

Yep, they did it yet again, but these seem to be more accurate than some they've had in the past. The did get the white stripe in the collar correct this time. Compare Billy Hamilton from tonight with the photo of Jay Bruce from a previous year. See how the white stripe is WAY too wide on Bruce's jersey? The V-neck is still way too large, though.

Seriously, what were the Reds thinking when they decided to ever switch away from this set?

4DEAC2DE-3A6E-475E-B2B5-098C397C04A9_zps

7F2AFC04-345C-474D-B58F-2C16997ED467_zps

BE35EE79-E4FC-4B3D-AAA4-694DC9AB17A7_zps

It is absolutely PERFECT. Large blocky simple numbers and names, lack of black drop shadows, those AWESOME stripes! Make this a button up and bring it back full time and it's the best uniform in the bigs.

LOVE the giant name font.

My ideal Reds uniform:

pete-rose-reds.jpg

johnny-bench-hof-1.jpg

Though the 88-92 uniforms would be great too. They wore these a few years ago in Philadelphia

Jay+Bruce+Cincinnati+Reds+v+Philadelphia

beautiful.

...and yes, I've said it many times here, but the Reds had it just right 1968-71. No stripes, no pinstripes, no black, no pullovers, and no waistbands. This simple look has worked perfectly for the Dodgers, Cardinals,and A's, and it would have worked for the Reds.

I never cared for the 1988 changes, which added the second red stripe to the sleeves and the stripes down the pants legs. Although several teams did it, I never did like to see the horizontal stripes around the waist matched with vertical stripes down the leg. It was okay matched with a belt, I guess, but not with the waistband.

Cubs will be wearing these:

CDXyKYsVEAA2hja.jpg

Even with a 1990 ASG patch. Pretty sweet

CDXyKbnVIAA6GRS.jpg

Worth noting that these Cubs jerseys were one-year only (and quite possibly never since... until last night).

It was the first time they went gray on the road after years of blue.

These were a whale for me for years, so it was great to see them in action again after 25 years.

The Mets look bad against The Yankees. The white logo on the cap doesn't match the grey letters and numbers on the uniforms. They need to make the cap logo, word mark, numbers, and letters all orange.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

The Mets look bad against The Yankees. The white logo on the cap doesn't match the grey letters and numbers on the uniforms. They need to make the cap logo, word mark, numbers, and letters all orange.

I'm not watching the game, but assuming the Mets are wearing their new DE alternates, the logo is silver.

I'm not watching the game, but assuming the Mets are wearing their new DE alternates, the logo is silver.

3953B5FE-EC78-44C7-B346-F128E0BCA830_zps

I don't get these uniforms.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived