MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Silent Wind of Doom:

I'd say make the socks blue with orange stripes, if you want to bring orange into the uniform

Besides that(and honestly, even including that potentially) I agree 100%

or perhaps, maybe, orange sanitaries for those wearing stirrups.

And then add some red stripes to the Yankees socks while we're at it...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silent Wind of Doom:

I'd say make the socks blue with orange stripes, if you want to bring orange into the uniform

IM one of the biggest pro-traditionalists, but that's the way, if they were to add orange anywhere, would be the best thing to do(if it was a good idea at all)

Also, it isnt exactly without precedent.

1927-1931 and1947-1957 they wore orange striped stirrups

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/uniforms.asp?league=AL&city=Detroit&lowYear=1927&highYear=1931&sort=year&increment=9

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/uniforms.asp?league=AL&city=Detroit&lowYear=1947&highYear=1957&sort=year&increment=12

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Silent Wind of Doom:

The Tigers name came from the orange stripes in their socks back in the classic day, and it IS a possibility. I just can't get back something in the back of my head that it would unecessarily break up and clutter and already classic look, akin to what jp said. It's tough. I wouldn't mind seeing some photoshop by someone who's good enough so that I could judge.

EDIT: Huh. It usually notifies you if someone posts in the interim time. Weird.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Silent Wind of Doom:

IM one of the biggest pro-traditionalists, but that's the way, if they were to add orange anywhere, would be the best thing to do(if it was a good idea at all)

Also, it isnt exactly without precedent.

1927-1931 and1947-1957 they wore orange striped stirrups

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/uniforms.asp?league=AL&city=Detroit&lowYear=1927&highYear=1931&sort=year&increment=9

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/uniforms.asp?league=AL&city=Detroit&lowYear=1947&highYear=1957&sort=year&increment=12

I wasn't making this up either. The fact that it happened doesn't makes it any better...

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/uniforms.asp?league=AL&city=New+York&lowYear=1909&highYear=1912&sort=year&increment=9

The Tigers shouldn't use orange at all. I think they looked their best in 1934.

FE9Dfmq.gif

A tiger is orange man ! Actually there should be orange on the home uni as well, and navy should be black, why not, when they are called the :censored:ing Tigers ! ?

There are so many examples in sports of teams not wearing the natural color of an animal that they are named after. Detroit has one of the most iconic home uniforms in baseball history using just navy and white. There is no pressing need to arbitrarily add orange to the road set just because a tiger is orange.

FE9Dfmq.gif

A tiger is orange man ! Actually there should be orange on the home uni as well, and navy should be black, why not, when they are called the :censored:ing Tigers ! ?

There are so many examples in sports of teams not wearing the natural color of an animal that they are named after. Detroit has one of the most iconic home uniforms in baseball history using just navy and white. There is no pressing need to arbitrarily add orange to the road set just because a tiger is orange.

So a Grizzly Bear isn't half navy and half light blue? That's news to me.

FE9Dfmq.gif

So a Grizzly Bear isn't half navy and half light blue? That's news to me.

No but when they are little cubs they can be either navy or royal blue with red accents.

FE9Dfmq.gif

Lions, Eagles, Grizzlies, Raptors just to name a few.

spacer.png

FE9Dfmq.gif

No way. We already have one boring-ass-by-default gray and navy team in the Yankees, but they at least have reason to be as such. We also have the half-assing-it Rays and Padres, who have secondary colors but completely forgo them on the road unis. If the Tigers had never used orange on the road, I wouldn't be calling for them to add it. However, dropping it on the road would be to the detriment of their look. It's a shame the Tigers couldn't have incorporated orange into their home jerseys, too, back in the day. I think it would make them much better. That being said, it's far to late to change them now, as well.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived