What did you used to think about logos?

Ark

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was real little, I used to see this a duck. The bill of the hat and the nose make an open beak.

1986.gif

I see it now...and I'll never unsee it...

I thought the same thing.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Up until, honestly... The rebrand, I always viewed the gap between the two front legs of the Lions logo as the mouth, the small white dot as the eye, and the rest of the head as the mane... I never questioned why they used a deformed lion, or why it didn't have any front legs...473.gif

You don't know how hard it made me laugh to look at the Lions logo like that. I can never unsee that now, but at least it looks funnier.

I always thought the same thing about the Blazers logo being a "B" and a "P". I actually just discovered that the Falcons logo was meant to be an "F" a few months ago. That blew my mind for a solid week.

When I was little, I never saw the P. Thought it was a weird looking thing, really didn't know what it was supposed to be.

1280px-Philadelphia_Flyers.svg.png

And this is the first time I'm actually noticing the P... I always just saw a puck with a wing. Eyes and brains are weird.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The Sabres messed with me as a kid. I used to see the goat head as the left side being his face, I used to have nightmares of that thing poking it's head into my room, also I used to think the buffalo in the original logo was some odd Japanese symbol (yeah I was pretty young then...)

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

I always thought the okd Ottawa Renegades logo was a racoon facing left with a cowboy hat. Much like many of you with the Old Sabres logo. I suppose I never saw it large until I went through the CFL logos on this site. Before that just small black and white pictures in the Toronto Sun when the team was formed, that made me form that view of it.

untitled-6.jpg

I have a local non-sports one...

A furniture store in Minnesota (and, I guess the Dakotas and Iowa), Gabberts, used the below word mark in the 80s when I was a kid.

I read it as "Gabberto". I soon realized that it was an "s" at the end. I don't know whether others had the same issue but at some point they changed to

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As a child of the 80s/90s, I was never really sure what this said:

Stussy_Logo.jpg

"CONFORMIST"

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I used to wonder why the Brewers' ball-in-glove only had three fingers until one of my classmates pointed out it was actually an "m" and a "b."

Anyone (on this board, that is) older than a certain age probably remembers the moment they figured it out. I had a replica Brewer had and some of the neighborhood kids were hanging out and one (a girl who I don't think even knew what the hat represented) said "it looks like a 'b' and an 'm'". Then the light bulb turned on above my head.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I used to wonder why the Brewers' ball-in-glove only had three fingers until one of my classmates pointed out it was actually an "m" and a "b."

Anyone (on this board, that is) older than a certain age probably remembers the moment they figured it out. I had a replica Brewer had and some of the neighborhood kids were hanging out and one (a girl who I don't think even knew what the hat represented) said "it looks like a 'b' and an 'm'". Then the light bulb turned on above my head.

A kid in class before left his Brewers hat on the desk and I was looking at it and then it hit me that it was an M and B. Since then, I've always liked that logo.

growing up a farm, I thought this was plowed rows of dirt.

Blazers_original.pngwill-a-22-lr-bullet-go-through-a-spinnin

"I once read the Trailblazers logo is supposed to be a p and a b, but that would mean the p is backwards."

I always thought it was just a "p" and "b" and until you just pointed it out, I never realized the "p" would be backwards.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived