Redskins update concepts, 60's vs. 70's vs. 80's

oldschoolvikings

Ditto on the burgundy face mask. I really like goldenrod Number color of Home Jersey of 6O's. Not a fan of double stripe pants and helmet on the 80's set. Would like to see in an upcoming post both road jersey and pants with white as the main color. Keep the Triple stripe on pants and upper socks a single color either burgundy or goldenrod.

Despite neither of us being Redskins fans, my friend and I attended a Redskins game a few years back and he made an observation that I can't get out of my head. He noticed that the Redskins' primary logo has feathers both on the person's head and on the logo itself. Why all the feathers? Now, this bothers me every time I see the logo. The "older" looks are more classic.

Despite neither of us being Redskins fans, my friend and I attended a Redskins game a few years back and he made an observation that I can't get out of my head. He noticed that the Redskins' primary logo has feathers both on the person's head and on the logo itself. Why all the feathers? Now, this bothers me every time I see the logo. The "older" looks are more classic.

It's not just a circle. It represenfs a Native American drum, which often has feathers attached to the side. The Chief HAS to wear feathers.

It was designed by an actual Native American tribe, so it's accurate and meaningful to them.

If you eliminated either set of feathers, it would lose it's meaning and also, just not look right. The drum would really be just a circle then.

Drum-Tables-SWLT136A.jpg

SpiritLodge.jpg?1336921669

native-american-drum-color.gif

11.05_indian-drum.jpg

87Redskins.png

Nice designs on all. I like the striping consistency on the final one and I don't mind the burgandy facemask despite favoring gold.

If the spear set had a burgundy or gold facemask, that would be my favorite. The gray seems like a distraction.

87Redskins.png

As a Redskins fan, I must admit. Great job on your throwback remakes as your concept jersey designs. And I personally love the numbers on the shoulder pads (not a fan of the numbers on sleeves much), which it should had been put a long time ago. By the way, cool number font too, which I curiously wanna know which kind or type is it.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

As a Redskins fan, I must admit. Great job on your throwback remakes as your concept jersey designs. And I personally love the numbers on the shoulder pads (not a fan of the numbers on sleeves much), which it should had been put a long time ago. By the way, cool number font too, which I curiously wanna know which kind or type is it.

I customized it off the current Vikings right numbers. I just sharpened the rounded corners into horizontal leaning diagonals, and thinned the horizontal bars slightly.

I customized it off the current Vikings right numbers. I just sharpened the rounded corners into horizontal leaning diagonals, and thinned the horizontal bars slightly.

I see. No wonder it looks like a sleek and better version of the ITM Machine font (the same type of font that the Miami Dolphins used on their jerseys from 1997 to 2012). Thanks for sharing it, and great job on the modifications. P.S.: I still believe that the TV numbers SHOULD be on the shoulders (now that the sleeves on the jerseys are shrinking to lineman-size).

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Archived