Uniforms you are Surprised are Still Around

OnWis97

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If uniforms were alive, the Bucs would turn a lot of people over to the pro choice side. If ever there was a reason for "plan b".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There are three that come to mind.

1. The Texas Rangers' "Texas Baseball Club" uniforms...I'd've thought that there'd be ONE jersey with a "Rangers" wordmark in this set by now.

2. The Ottawa Senators still using the full-profile head...EVERYBODY loves the redesigned side-profile head, but they NEVER used it for anything on ANY uniform.
3. The Calgary Flames still having black and the flags on their set...red, gold and white are a clean, crisp Calgary Flames look...if their provincial rivals could simplify their sets, so can they!

bYhYmxh.png

Sadly the Senator's new profile logo will likely never see the light of day again. They slapped it on a few novelty pillows and canned it about 4 years ago. I can't believe the current primaries we have are still here, but one half of the heritage sweaters are already gone. The team wants to use the current 3-d logo till death though.

Ill tell you though that there has been recent news of a new minority owner coming in, and Melnyk had been known to keep things that we want to hear to himself. I smell some change coming next-next season.

• Los Angeles Clippers: They've had the look for a while and I am not aware that it's particularly well-liked (not to mention the losing). Similarly, I am surprised the Laker ripoff logo is still around. Personally, I have liked most Clippers uniforms and hope they keep the look (though the logo has to go)

In fairness, they've only had one losing season in the current uniforms and that was Blake's rookie year. Even though the current look hasn't been around very long, I feel like they'll change their uniforms again eventually to signify a new era.

New England patriots, I'm just surprised they haven't made a single change since 2000. I just hope they get rid of the side panels and and unnecessary piping on the unis and it would be a great modern uniform rather than just being meh.

This surprises me too. Their current uniforms have always been ugly and now they're dated. I thought for sure they'd finally update their uniforms when they changed their wordmark, but no, they're still wearing the same old piping-and-panels crap complete with an outdated wordmark that they don't use anywhere else anymore.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The White Sox for sure. They've keep these uniforms for a very long time. Especially For a team that seemed to change uniforms and colors every couple years.

Tennessee Titans. Never thought that shoulder yoke thing would last.

USC Football. Thought the gray facemasks would be gone already and the style would change or at least have wacky alts.

Toronto Raptors. Colors changed but that same bizarre style remains. Didn't think it would last.

home-and-away-tampa-uniforms.jpg

Boom. Fire. Pow. Thread. :P

You are honestly surprised that these are around? It's been one game.
Those shouldn't have seen the light of day

So you're saying it would have made a sick Tampa Nightsâ„¢ alt? :upside:

And, on top of that, they have these beauties waiting in the wings...

06fc306af4de8032ffd2144a1d1ff400-getty-8

That is the best current (well, sort of current) uniform in football, any level.

It's good, but I don't know if it's "the best at any level". There are a few NFL teams that I'd put above this. The set the Falcons wore for the 1994 throwback is better than this one. The gold stripe here (yes I know it's for GT) is mismatched with the rest of the uniform.

jeff_george_1994_09_01.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Los Angeles Clippers: They've had the look for a while and I am not aware that it's particularly well-liked (not to mention the losing). Similarly, I am surprised the Laker ripoff logo is still around. Personally, I have liked most Clippers uniforms and hope they keep the look (though the logo has to go)

In fairness, they've only had one losing season in the current uniforms and that was Blake's rookie year. Even though the current look hasn't been around very long, I feel like they'll change their uniforms again eventually to signify a new era.

I guess I was more referring to the fact that, while the uniforms have been changed, they've really had the same identity for as long as I can remember...I'm surprised they've had it the entire time.

The above Cowboys example is sort of a sub-topic...like "Details I am surprised still persist." In the late metrodome era, I'd have said the Twins nameplates (the only team to do that on pinstripes for many years) but they are finally gone. I'd add things like the hat/jersey not matching for the Tigers "D" and Yankees "NY". By now that's not changing, but I am surprised it was not changed decades ago.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I've got a few odd ones:

The Minnesota Wild need to desperately change that red uniform they call a home jersey. It was fine as a alternate, but it looks odd with newer uniforms that have been released.

The Philadelphia Eagles need to drop the whole Midnight Green look. Kelly Green needs to make a comeback, like, now.

Gotta say that I'm shocked to see how long the Tampa Bay Rays have stuck with the light blue. I miss the vests a lot, and the green.

I have one more team that needs to change desperately: The St. Louis Rams. You can stick with the navy, but yellow needs to comeback. Embracing your past would be a great thing. You were once "THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF". Why can't you be that again?

Honourable mention: Arizona Cardinals, The D-Backs and The ugliness that is THE BARFTASTICLY BAD UNIFORMS OF THE FLORIDA PANTHERS.

That is all.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Archived