Uniforms you are Surprised are Still Around

OnWis97

I've got a few odd ones:

The Minnesota Wild need to desperately change that red uniform they call a home jersey. It was fine as a alternate, but it looks odd with newer uniforms that have been released.

The Philadelphia Eagles need to drop the whole Midnight Green look. Kelly Green needs to make a comeback, like, now.

Gotta say that I'm shocked to see how long the Tampa Bay Rays have stuck with the light blue. I miss the vests a lot, and the green.

I have one more team that needs to change desperately: The St. Louis Rams. You can stick with the navy, but yellow needs to comeback. Embracing your past would be a great thing. You were once "THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF". Why can't you be that again?

Honourable mention: Arizona Cardinals, The D-Backs and The ugliness that is THE BARFTASTICLY BAD UNIFORMS OF THE FLORIDA PANTHERS.

That is all.

If, five years from now, the WIld still have three totally mismatched uniforms, I'll be surprised (and put it in this thread!)

I agree with most of the rest of what you say regarding who needs to change, but not of it really surprises me. I would love the Eagles to go to kelly but I am not surprised they stick with midnight...bright colors are still "out".

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canucks whale set... each of their looks have lasted 10-15 years, the time has come for an overhaul. My vote is to go with something like jetmonkeyj made a while back :

jcanuckjersey.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/82975-vancouver-canucks-concept/

With the Canucks history of ever changing logos/colours/jerseys I am surprised they have stuck with the Orca/wordmark jersey for this long. Figured it would have been at least moved into a 3rd jersey by now if not eliminated all together.

Got a pair of jerseys from a beer league in B.C. a few years back that were similar to jetmonkeyj (no shoulder patch and athletic knit instead of Reebok)

johnnycanuckjersey_blue_zps5f8d7c11.jpg

johnnycanuckjersey_white_zps98e0a469.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

I've got a few odd ones:

The Minnesota Wild need to desperately change that red uniform they call a home jersey. It was fine as a alternate, but it looks odd with newer uniforms that have been released.

The Philadelphia Eagles need to drop the whole Midnight Green look. Kelly Green needs to make a comeback, like, now.

Gotta say that I'm shocked to see how long the Tampa Bay Rays have stuck with the light blue. I miss the vests a lot, and the green.

I have one more team that needs to change desperately: The St. Louis Rams. You can stick with the navy, but yellow needs to comeback. Embracing your past would be a great thing. You were once "THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF". Why can't you be that again?

Honourable mention: Arizona Cardinals, The D-Backs and The ugliness that is THE BARFTASTICLY BAD UNIFORMS OF THE FLORIDA PANTHERS.

That is all.

Because they have no offensive line and a QB that tears his ACL if you poke him in the knee :D

I'm sorry they did two VERY minor changes to the Penn State uniform. I'm just surprised they didn't do more changes after the scandal. An alternate or something would be a nice change of pace. I'll never get tired getting on the nerves of you State fans. Go ahead and stay stuck in your glory days of the last century.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

And, on top of that, they have these beauties waiting in the wings...

06fc306af4de8032ffd2144a1d1ff400-getty-8

That is the best current (well, sort of current) uniform in football, any level.

It's good, but I don't know if it's "the best at any level". There are a few NFL teams that I'd put above this. The set the Falcons wore for the 1994 throwback is better than this one. The gold stripe here (yes I know it's for GT) is mismatched with the rest of the uniform.

jeff_george_1994_09_01.jpg

Well, obviously, when I say the semi-current throwback set is the best uniform on any level, that's only my opinion. But I'm speaking specifically about the modern-template throwback which, unlike the uniform you've posted above, transitions to a modern cut seamlessly. Yes, the gold stripes on the helmet are out of place, but they're easily removed, and even if they kept them I don't think I'd mind too much.

Regardless, the Falcons current home and road uniforms are, by a significant margin, the worst uniforms that franchise has ever worn... pick any falcon uniform from any year prior, and its a better look. And that's on top of the fact that personally, to this day, the current Falcon set just makes me think about drowned and/or electrocuted dogs.

Here is a fun fact.

The phillies this year has now worn their current uniforms (23 seasons) longer then their maroon swirly P uniforms (22 seasons)

I was thinking about that yesterday as I was unboxing my new "swirly P" Phillies, 70's style Chicago White "Sox", original Toronto Blue Jays and 90's Seattle Mariners "compass" caps.

If uniforms were alive, the Bucs would turn a lot of people over to the pro choice side. If ever there was a reason for "plan b".

I have to admit, I cracked up at this.

Rockies won't change until there is new ownership, the current guy is asleep at the wheel and resists change at every opportunity.

I don't know. One of the things I've liked about the Rockies is that except for adding those all-black vest atrocities, they've maintained a remarkably consistent look over the decades. Had they a greater winning tradition or been around 40 years instead of 20, I think they'd be viewed with more of a Yankees "untouchable" mindset.

nav-logo.png

It's consistent, but mediocre. They look too much like the White Sox, and the term-paper typeface they use for scripts is devoid of character. They should be emphasizing purple, something teams (including themselves) are too loath to do.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Canucks whale set... each of their looks have lasted 10-15 years, the time has come for an overhaul. My vote is to go with something like jetmonkeyj made a while back :

jcanuckjersey.png

With the Canucks history of ever changing logos/colours/jerseys I am surprised they have stuck with the Orca/wordmark jersey for this long. Figured it would have been at least moved into a 3rd jersey by now if not eliminated all together.

Got a pair of jerseys from a beer league in B.C. a few years back that were similar to jetmonkeyj (no shoulder patch and athletic knit instead of Reebok)

Is that a sewn on crest? It looks a lot better than I imagined that logo looking if it is in fact a twill crest there. Don't enough to dissuade me from the orca, but not terrible.

jcanuckjersey.png

Is that a sewn on crest? It looks a lot better than I imagined that logo looking if it is in fact a twill crest there. Don't enough to dissuade me from the orca, but not terrible.

Sewn on embroidered crest.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

I wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles go back to Kelly Green either. Also the Brewers should to go back to the 80s colors.

I highly doubt the Brewers will go back to those as they have a good thing going with their current set. Although they mainly use the navy and metallic gold, they also use the royal blue and gold as throwbacks. Not to mention that their team stores sell both current AND past merchandise equally so it's technically a win-win for "modernist" and "traditionalist".

Archived