Minor League Hockey Shake-up...coming

JackieMoon

Honestly, Hamilton makes more sense for Winnipeg than St. John's does. (I know that's not what they're doing)

Quick horror thought: What if it's the Brampton Beast who end up in Hamilton?

And the Beast (or the new bulldogs..or whatever) move to the AHL?

But with what players? Gotta have an affiliation. I had thought earlier today that there was some traction for Ottawa moving the B-Sens to Hamilton, but then I saw that they re-upped in Bingo till 2019.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Honestly, Hamilton makes more sense for Winnipeg than St. John's does. (I know that's not what they're doing)

Quick horror thought: What if it's the Brampton Beast who end up in Hamilton?

And the Beast (or the new bulldogs..or whatever) move to the AHL?

But with what players? Gotta have an affiliation. I had thought earlier today that there was some traction for Ottawa moving the B-Sens to Hamilton, but then I saw that they re-upped in Bingo till 2019.

That was going to be my next question, lol. The Beast are bad, like really bad, even for an ECHL team, they can't possibly think that they would be able to transition to the AHL.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Well, if they did move to the AHL it would be a completely new set of players for the simple fact that the players they have signed, not assigned, are on ECHL contracts. There's no need to even consider the current roster when talking a possible (let's be real, there's no :censored: ing chance) move to the AHL.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Looks like the AHL Bulldogs are on their way out, while the OHL Belleville Bulls are getting sold and relocated to become the new Hamilton Bulldogs.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Looks like the AHL Bulldogs are on their way out, while the OHL Belleville Bulls are getting sold and relocated to become the new Hamilton Bulldogs.

So is Montreal moving the AHL Bulldogs to St Johns and the current St Johns to Winnipeg or is Montreal sigining a deal with the current St Johns franchise and Hamilton is off to Winnipeg?

I believe TNSE still owns the MooseCaps (leased to Danny Williams), so I'm guessing they'll move back to Winnipeg whence they came and the Bulldogs, owned by the Habs, will be the franchise moving to the rock. Then they'll leave the "Hamilton Bulldogs" IP to the Belleville Bulls, who will move in, THIS IS STUPID

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It really sucks that Belleville is losing their OHL team. If only the Steelheads can replace them. A city like Belleville deserves an OHL team, Mississauga does not.

Hey!

Though sadly, you're not wrong. There just aren't nearly enough fans here in Mississauga, and honestly, I'm sick of seeing the building empty. I know that our owner is committed to keeping the team here, which I applaud him for, but at some point he's going to be sick of losing money and ultimately throw in the towel.

The Belleville Bulls moving to Hamilton? I did not see that coming!

Canadian tweeters say it was out of left field! Everyone has been taken aback by it.

Now when do we hear rumors of the Panthers relocating to Quebec City or Hartford?

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Look on the bright side of today's musical chairs:

We may have the return of the Manitoba Moose!

Still not seeing how that is a good thing beyond the name (which was still an inferior name to the Winnipeg Jets). What San Jose and Winnipeg are doing with the AHL team in the same building makes little sense for the AHL. It's turning the AHL squads into glorified reserve teams nothing more. Hopefully in both cases it's just temporary.

The Belleville Bulls moving to Hamilton? I did not see that coming!

When news broke about the AHL Bulldogs moving, there was also news that the OHL was going to replace it. The surprise is that it's Belleville and not Erie.

tigercatssignature-1.png

I believe TNSE still owns the MooseCaps (leased to Danny Williams), so I'm guessing they'll move back to Winnipeg whence they came and the Bulldogs, owned by the Habs, will be the franchise moving to the rock. Then they'll leave the "Hamilton Bulldogs" IP to the Belleville Bulls, who will move in, THIS IS STUPID

Okay, I'll bite, why is this STUPID?

tigercatssignature-1.png

I don't want an AHL team to cannibalize the Winnipeg market. Belleville is a longtime OHL town, which is kind of rare for that league. If Hamilton can't crack the NHL, they should at least be in the AHL.

Hamilton, being a satellite of Toronto and its major international airport, makes it an ideal location for a number of NHL cities. Its arena is too big for major-junior (it's too big for the AHL, too). Meanwhile, Belleville is the kind of place where the OHL should be thriving (and I saw no indications that it was failing). Combine it with St. John's hanging on as a waystation until ANOTHER team parks its farm club in its suburbs, and I don't think this suits everyone well.