2014 NFL Season Anti-Thread

The_Admiral

I believe the repeated recent mention of how ISIS probably wouldn't even exist if not for the whole "let's invade Iraq guyz!" bit is reminding the social justice crowd just how crappy a President Bush was. As well as looking at one's pay stub or job prospects.

ISIS is totally not a thing. Just the JV team, so sayeth the dunce who spiked the football after declaring he ended the war. But for fun, those people might want to look at their pay stub and job prospects from 2009, when both were better. They also had better health insurance for cheaper, too!

This message was paid for by the Bruce Rauner for the leveraged buyout of Illinois committee.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The comment section on the Vikings site is some fantastic evidence of what's wrong with NFL culture even down to the fan level:

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Statement-From-the-Minnesota-Vikings/fb9cab0c-9748-495a-ab74-9a86040cb673?campaign=social_20140917_31766716

I'm pretty close to done.

Yeah, Shane King seems like a real winner.

Maybe I'm part of the problem but I'll continue to watch the Bears play every week. I really don't expect much out of fans from what I've seen going to games. Minnesota should have done this from the start and I wonder how much of this 2 am announcement had to do with sponsorship (it had everything to do with sponsorship). Money talks and the NFL has made that more clear than ever the last couple weeks.

The comment section on the Vikings site is some fantastic evidence of what's wrong with NFL culture even down to the fan level:

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Statement-From-the-Minnesota-Vikings/fb9cab0c-9748-495a-ab74-9a86040cb673?campaign=social_20140917_31766716

Yeah, Shane King seems like a real winner.

Maybe I'm part of the problem but I'll continue to watch the Bears play every week. I really don't expect much out of fans from what I've seen going to games. Minnesota should have done this from the start and I wonder how much of this 2 am announcement had to do with sponsorship (it had everything to do with sponsorship). Money talks and the NFL has made that more clear than ever the last couple weeks.

Well, I kinda agree with Shane King in that they're obviously just bowing to pressure... they should have come up with this on their own sometime around Monday morning when they were thinking about re-activating him.

Where has the NFL been on the Peterson thing? Since when does it let the team run point? I can't find anything Goodell has said about this whole thing. Imagine if AP was on the Al Davis Raiders... he would probably play him this Sunday and burn the whole league down.

You know what the problem is Roger Goodell tried to be Judge, Jury, Executioner and Supreme Lord Chief High Priest or the world

The NFL needs to handle all discipline with a counsel of ex-players, owners and lawyers. Do it an open way where media is able to see the entire process played out.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You know what the problem is Roger Goodell tried to be Judge, Jury, Executioner and Supreme Lord Chief High Priest or the world

The NFL needs to handle all discipline with a counsel of ex-players, owners and lawyers. Do it an open way where media is able to see the entire process played out.

Wait, you want to bring the noble fraternity of old players who shared in violence and camaraderie (that was completely 100% NOT GAY BTW) that no one can possibly understand to adjudicate discipline? Geez Tank that thought alone almost merits Archimedes. But you decided to introduce some of the most cynical businessmen in the country, oh, and in the least insane part of that, some lawyers.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Adrian Peterson has been banned from all team activity until child abuse case is resolved.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11541346

Thank God.

I believe the repeated recent mention of how ISIS probably wouldn't even exist if not for the whole "let's invade Iraq guyz!" bit is reminding the social justice crowd just how crappy a President Bush was. As well as looking at one's pay stub or job prospects.

ISIS is totally not a thing. Just the JV team, so sayeth the dunce who spiked the football after declaring he ended the war. But for fun, those people might want to look at their pay stub and job prospects from 2009, when both were better. They also had better health insurance for cheaper, too!

I didn't since, you know, none is not better than some.

The term "Epic Fail" fits most of the comments. They've all drunk from the Kool-Aid that is the NFL. It's the unofficial religion of the U.S.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

The shield really is the unofficial religion of the US..."May Goodell be with you." "And also with you."

The book of Jerry Jones 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you NFL, declares the GOODELL, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

John Madden 14:6: Goodell answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the NFL except through me.

IEI5Tg1.png

Reggie Bush "harshly disciplines" his one-year-old daughter because of course he does. We're getting to the point where a guy is gonna say he punches his wife's pregnant belly to keep both her and the fetus in line.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Former PA governer and potential VP nominee (and Eagles post game show panelist) Ed Rendell slammed Goodell and said he'd want the job.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

AZ Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer has been arrested on charges of domestic violence. Yay.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived