2014 NFL Season Anti-Thread

The_Admiral

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former PA governer and potential VP nominee (and Eagles post game show panelist) Ed Rendell slammed Goodell and said he'd want the job.

He does not have a snowball's chance in hell

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

On a side note I thought it was really interesting to see an ESPN.com poll asking whether you thought the Vikings not playing Adrian Peterson, while the majority was yes, on the map every state in the south was a majority for no. Except Georgia, Florida, and Louisiana. Could be different now as this was earlier today. Just thought it was interesting as it's been debated as acceptable in the southern and african-american cultures.

It shouldn't be acceptable in any culture. We stopped cutting the black church a break on homophobia. The same should go for beating kids.

Also, I'm quite positive that "whuppins" don't entail getting one's nutsack whipped until blood is drawn in most Southern black households.

Ray Rice jersey exchange line in Baltimore. Longer than some iPhone 6 Plus lines.

Bx6O6buIYAA6-kx.jpg

I am the only one who thinks that this seems really unnecessary? They couldn't just mail the jersey in, then wait in line outside? Or set up a couple posts around Baltimore from the Ravens PR team, take down people's info and mail them a check or store credit?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Are they giving an even swap of jerseys or giving money off? If it's the latter, F that. If it's the former, I'd still only wait about 30 minutes. Looking at a line like that, I'd rather hold onto the thing and figure in ten years some jerk is going to consider a Rice jersey a collectors' item on eBay.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I wonder how many of those people are going to try to exchange counterfeits.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

When the Patriots did this with Aaron Hernandez jerseys, I think they stipulated they had to be purchased from their proshop or website. If the Ravens didn't make that rule, I'm sure at least a quarter of those people will try to swap fakes. I wonder if they're going to let them.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

When the Patriots did this with Aaron Hernandez jerseys, I think they stipulated they had to be purchased from their proshop or website. If the Ravens didn't make that rule, I'm sure at least a quarter of those people will try to swap fakes. I wonder if they're going to let them.

I tend to doubt it unless the Ravens, for PR reasons, are just taking any jersey in any condition regardless of how old...and then not educating the store personnel on how to spot a counterfeit.

I really, really, hope they would not take them though. I'd also love to read some complaining by someone who feels the team is ripping them off by not taking the fake jersey. You know there'd be someone indignant about it that did not quite get that their money never went to the team/league or just played the "billion dollar business" card. I'd actually like to see that make news; it would be an education opportunity.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

NFL Commissioner Roger Ramjet would be better than this Roger, because Goodell's turned cartoonish. Totally and absolutely tone deaf to domestic violence, child abuse, and other issues, and yet believes he should STILL be doling out punishment.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived