LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 3 VOTING

pollux

Congratulation to the winners. I was hoping I would have a design that could medal, but that's the way it goes. I would like some feedback on my mark. I didn't know if I should start my own thread or just post it here. Pollux, please let me know if you want me to take this discussion to another thread.

I chose Tuskegee because the Tuskegee Airmen were a popular African-American group of fighter pilots during World War II.

I would especially love to have some feedback on the plane because I have never made my own logo before.

Entry_11.png

I liked it and even gave you a BRONZE vote. I also like how you included the red tail on the plane. I think that, maybe, the illustration of the plane could have been better. It looked a little too 3D-ish and not enough like a logo IMO. But I liked the idea and thought your work still merited a top-3 finish.

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pollux, please let me know if you want me to take this discussion to another thread.

No, that's fine. Once voting is done, you can seek feedback directly from the voting thread.

My top three, in no particular order:

Entry 4 (nas1787): Clean and simple, I really like the nod to the falls on the A. It's a simple but very effective result.

Entry 5 (drdougfresh): Once again a great font, and the addition of the ball at the end of the A gives the wordmark some movement. Well done.

Entry 7 (scottysprings): I really dig the industrial look of the wordmark.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Congratulation to the winners. I was hoping I would have a design that could medal, but that's the way it goes. I would like some feedback on my mark. I didn't know if I should start my own thread or just post it here. Pollux, please let me know if you want me to take this discussion to another thread.

I chose Tuskegee because the Tuskegee Airmen were a popular African-American group of fighter pilots during World War II.

I would especially love to have some feedback on the plane because I have never made my own logo before.

Entry_11.png

It's interesting because I had almost exactly the same idea as you, though I didn't get the time to digitize it and submit it. (I used a WWI-era plane, though).

I liked your idea, but I felt like the plane looked too much like an illustration and not enough like a logo. I also feel like the three parts of the logo are somewhat disjointed.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Archived