Charlotte Independence

Louis

My personal preference would be for the year that the team was established to be included instead of the year that the city was.

Ah, but that's not the year they've presented us with.

Charlotte was settled in 1755. 1775 references the signing of the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence which may or may not have happened to become the first such declaration in the United States.

Hence the nickname.

FWIW: The Independence are a new team starting up in USL PRO next year, having bought the Charlotte Eagles' license to a club in the city.

Like all of these options, really, though this one is my favorite:

Q0vSBBL.png

6fQjS3M.png

the Eagles had a nice logo and color scheme. This new ownership group will have a nice opportunity to grow minor league soccer in Charlotte again with the Memorial Stadium renovations and new association with the Colorado MLS team.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Some really nice options there. I'd have narrowed it down to 2 or 3. With 12 you have a a real chance that the winner has less than 20%.

Agree with this 100%, and I think there are a few that stand out as well as a few that could easily have been eliminated. I myself am partial to this one:

logo7Ball.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

This is my favorite.

logo3Over.png

The ones with the script "Charlotte" look too much like beer labels to me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Some really nice options there. I'd have narrowed it down to 2 or 3. With 12 you have a a real chance that the winner has less than 20%.

Agree with this 100%, and I think there are a few that stand out as well as a few that could easily have been eliminated. I myself am partial to this one:

logo7Ball.png

This one kinda reminds me of the Philadelphia Union...

Kristopher Bazen
Kris Bazen Creative
www.www.krisbazen.com

Twitter: @krisbazen

Dribbble: dribbble.com/krisbazen

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It leaked! I like it, very sharp for a USL logo. I'm not a big fan of the crown/soccer ball thing at the top as a design element. I think it ends up looking like neither. The "lightning bolt dirt" under Captain Jack could be confusing as well. Overall though I really like it and while the name is a mouthful I love how it incorporates the history of the city. I hope Charlotte will really get behind these guys and maybe in the near future we can see the Independence face the Union or the Revolution in MLS.

CLTIndependence.jpg

They just announced on Twitter that this will be the logo:

FCZXRSDr.jpeg

Bit of a curveball seeing as the teaser image they had been using was in the shape of the logo posted in the post above this.

qZi3tF8.png

Whoever runs their account has a sense of humor. The logo leaked (with the USL rebrand that was announced today) and so the Charlotte Independence account wanted to have some fun with the fans. The leak is indeed the official logo and it will be announced at a team event tomorrow along with stadium information, ticketing, jerseys and other misc stuff.

Archived