Throwback Reproduction Wishlist

cappital92

As evidenced by the Whale thread, there are a lot of old jerseys we'd like to buy, but aren't available to purchase, or if you can buy them, it's only in heavy bidding wars on eBay. So, the question I ask is this; which jersey or jerseys would you like to see be made as a Hardwood Classic, Cooperstown Collection piece, NFL Throwback, NHL Vintage sweater, or Mitchell and Ness throwback? You can also post a jersey if it's already been reproduced if the reproduction isn't of the player you want (for example, even though there's a Earl Campbell Oilers jersey, you want a Warren Moon). I remember there being a thread like this before, but I'm pretty sure it was back when the Sonics were still in Seattle and nobody knew what a 2 Chainz was.

For me, I'd have to go with a 90's Bullets jersey, a Blue Lakers Elgin Baylor, a 60s-70s Senators, a 2003 Tracy McGrady, a 91-02 Trail Blazers, and finally, a Tune Squad jersey, because all the kids I grew up with are getting engaged and I'm still wondering why aliens would have the pick of the NBA in 1996 and decide to take Shawn Bradley's talent.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In retrospect, shouldn't they have been called the "Toon Squad" instead?

No. It's Looney Tunes, so Tune would be correct in that instance.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

So ugly that I'd actually buy it:

78932680.jpg

I'd also love to own both of these "ugly" jerseys:

emaz7ibs36tg6f7ay2se.gif

ngpki2jusgh6u69bh8kmnfhor.gif

As for player specific, I'd want a Mario Lemieux version of the above posted :Penguins jersey and a Theoren Fleury version of the above posted jersey. I also can't seem to find any authentic replica Randy Johnson Arizona Diamondbacks jerseys from his first stint with the team (the purple and turquoise era). Man, I sure do love some ugly jerseys. :P

I can't believe I almost forgot this jersey, because it was my profile pic for quite awhile! This is at the top of my wishlist!

13090522441868.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

6413171.jpg?362

Bucks '87 road jersey, preferably #4. I have the M&N '84 Bucks jerseys, plus a Sand-Knit '86 home jersey, but in 15+ years of looking I've seen the above jersey on sale exactly once, and that was a game-used jersey that was way out of my price range.

My wish partially came true with the Raptors throwbacks.

Still:

Wild Wing and BK jerseys

90s Patriots uniforms

Manitoba Moose RCAF Flyers uniform or the Team Canada Winnipeg Falcons throwback.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

This Konerko jersey, even better if in Jim Thome.

1972+Topps+Paul+Konerko+White+Sox+templa

There are still a good number of those red jerseys on eBay, authentics for around $100. Some are player jerseys, but Thome wasn't on the team when they wore them in 2012. The cool thing about those throwbacks is they got it right by using giant back numbers.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived