Techniques of a sport no longer used or prevelant

TheRicSlick

And one day I wish to see barefoot kicking make it back into the NFL for 2 reasons.

1. You look like a badass

2. I think you kick better without a shoe

1. I think you look silly. Especially in the NFL when the dress code's sock rule forced the kicker to wear a goofy half sock with the foot part cut off.

2. There's no way that's true. The era of barefoot kicking has been done for over 25 years. If you really kicked better without a shoe every kicker would be doing it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This really has more to do with the way the NFL has trended to a more pass-happy league over the years with more spread and less west coast, but...the pass-catching fullback. Those of you old enough to remember the days when the west coast offense was the thing du jour may remember the name Larry Centers...he's about the best example of this type of player I can think of, the west coast QB's safety blanket in 3rd-&-manageable type situations. Darryl Johnston was another (and probably the last) true pass-catching fullback the league had of this type that I can rememeber right now. Of course, this probably had more to do with the diminishment of the fullback position to begin with, though. (Now, even though Mike Alstott was listed as a fullback, played more as an h-back/tailback during his workhorse days.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived