The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This new proposed playoff thing could work. From a business standpoint NBCSN, CBC, TSN, RSN, and FOX would make a killing off this. Plus, it'd allow for more rivalries to forged. The games themselves would be more fun, because the players would have the drive to play, which means less boring of a game. If teams were successful in making it into the playoffs, but only by wildcard, I think it makes sense for them to have to work more.

That's what- She

As a non-Chicago non-Blackhawks guy, Sharp always seem liked a decent guy on the outside.

Does he have a(n alleged) problem with the local Chicago people of the female variety or something?

He is a well-known poonhound, yes. The problem (outside of the whole "you're married with two kids, so maybe lay off the side action" thing) is that lately, allegedly, Sharp's libido has been violating the old "Don't :censored: where you eat" mantra.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The NHL playoffs go on long enough as it is, not to mention more than half the teams already make the playoffs.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Ugh. The last three opposing goalies the Sabres have faced have had a combined 17 games of NHL experience. And now they have three points in their last three games. Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day!

Patrick Kane. He died!

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Watching the Avalanche-Predators game....it's not often you see an empty-net goal scored with over 11 minutes left in the third period. Colorado was only down 3 at that point before said goal was scored.

It's some pretty forward thinking by Roy, but it seems like they've been far less successful when pulling the goalie this season.

Everything's a lot less successful when you're not saving 94% of shots at evens anymore.

Dan Bernstein @dan_bernstein · 1h 1 hour ago

Per sources, #Blackhawks' locker room complicated by some untidy personal lives right now. Q's job: keep things from distracting/dividing.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Patrick Kane. He died!

Well, it's a good thing the Bulls are healthy at least. Right?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Smith-Pelly. Personally I think Sekac has more upside and potential, but he apparently causes a few problems in the locker room.

I'll give him a chance, but smells like a bad trade to me.

So would having these "one-game wildcard matches" in hockey serve to both punish the wildcard winner and reward the division winner the way baseball does with its format? Because I don't see it.

In MLB, often the teams in the Wildcard Game burn their best pitchers and hitting lineups because it's one game, sudden-death, all to play into the actual multi-game series, giving the top team in each league (i.e. the team who'd play the wildcard game winner in the Division Series) an extra incentive to grab the AL/NL #1 seed. In the NHL however, there is no such thing as "burning your best goalie in a Wildcard Game so that your team plays into the actual postseason and you have to start the 1st postseason round with your 2nd best goalie." Hockey is such a crapshoot sport to begin with; those incentives for top seeds in baseball's playoffs will not exist if this boneheaded proposal is accepted.

Archived