The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

If Tampa and Nashville met in the finals, there would be some really angry Canadians. I'm talking about those ones who feel that the NHL should have most of the teams in Canada and no team in any warm climate city.

Yeah, I wonder if Canadians call those people "strawe men."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if the Myers/Stafford trade hasn't really worked to perfection yet, you gotta give him credit for going for it this year. It's time.

Man, I'm to the Jets as you and Sodboy are to the Blackhawks. I'm all in on this team, it's just nice to see GMKC finally working the phones. I'm not gonna complain. Tlusty isn't The Answer, but he's got 13 goals. That's the same as an injured EKane, so who's complaining?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

If Tampa and Nashville met in the finals, there would be some really angry Canadians. I'm talking about those ones who feel that the NHL should have most of the teams in Canada and no team in any warm climate city. I hope they meet because most of those people annoy the :censored: out of me.

I probably should add that I'm not saying that all warm climate teams are good. Tampa and Nashville both have decent attendance numbers and get lumped in near the bottom (with Florida, Arizona, and Carolina) because they play in warm places.

Tampa's always been an exception to the "hockey doesn't belong in the sunbelt" argument. They were well supported through very tough times, including those terrible teams in the first 10 years of their existence. (Funny, hockey seems like the city's most popular sport, but "America's Games"- football and baseball, get terrible numbers.

Nashville's had some attendance problems in their bad years, but fairly minor. Carolina seems to be fair-weather at best. Florida and Arizona just aren't working. Don't think they ever will.

sig.png

Also, I think I pretty much called "weaving in and out of the wild cards but finishing just outside" for the Panthers at the beginning of the year. If I had predicted that Kane would catch a rut and break his collarbone while Patrick Sharp starts a body count, I'd be spending some of my newfound millions to turn this place into Chris Creamer and The Admiral's Sports Logos And Spice Gumdrops Community.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Clarkson for Horton

Let the tank continue!

WHAT.

Horton is never going to play again. What're the Leafs doing? What're the Blue Jackets doing? Clarkson's contract! FUCCCCCKKKKK!

You answered your own question. Toronto ditches the crappy contract and will hide Horton on LTIR.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

The truth comes out - The Blue Jackets opted not to insure Nathan Horton's contract when they first signed him because his shoulder injury included a 30 game deductible, which means the back injury that will probably keep him from ever playing again would require that the team pays him for the remainder of his contract, which was like 6 more years. Holy damnit that seems stupid.

So it was either pay a guy 25 million dollars to watch the team on TV or pay a guy a similar amount to actually play. The leafs made the trade to get rid of Clarkson's cap hit. They still have to pay Horton, but it doesn't count against the cap.

This franchise is :censored:ing cursed and dumb. Really really dumb and really cursed.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Clarkson for Horton?!?!?!

Like I sort of get it for Toronto's point of view with the money part... but why in the hell would Columbus take on Clarkson with that contract?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Clarkson for Horton?!?!?!

Like I sort of get it for Toronto's point of view with the money part... but why in the hell would Columbus take on Clarkson with that contract?

Pay Clarkson to play instead of paying Horton to not play... Makes sense for Columbus.

Money is no object for Toronto and they want to gut the roster... Makes sense for Toronto.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived