The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

It was very weird watching parts of a game of a team I've liked since high school getting outhustled by the team I'm thinking of liking moving forward. Sort of like when you see photos of yourself in the past and look at visions of what you could become. But yea, the way San Jose is constructed, they just aren't very good. If they move Burns back to offense, get some decent blue line depth and someone dump at least Scott or Hannan, I think they could be a dark horse Cup contender next year. But with what happened this offseason, I may have to really make a hard choice on who I want to cheer for moving forward.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was very weird watching parts of a game of a team I've liked since high school getting outhustled by the team I'm thinking of liking moving forward.

Think again.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Meh, it's either them, St. Louis or Minnesota and as much as I've enjoyed the Cities when I visit, I just don't like the name or logo of the team.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Also, Brandon Dubinsky is now out indefinitely with a concussion, and Matt Calvert is out indefinitely with a concussion after apparently playing through it for a bit. Look, Columbus is a nice city, the arena is gorgeous, and the fanbase is good, but I think it's time we started considering shipping this franchise off to Québec for the greater good of the sport.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Does anybody want to win the Art Ross? I can't remember the last time there were so many people so close in the race so late in the season, or when the leaders had so few points. The top thirteen guys are all within five points of each other, and we may not even see someone score 90!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Also, Brandon Dubinsky is now out indefinitely with a concussion, and Matt Calvert is out indefinitely with a concussion after apparently playing through it for a bit. Look, Columbus is a nice city, the arena is gorgeous, and the fanbase is good, but I think it's time we started considering shipping this franchise off to Québec for the greater good of the sport.

If word gets out about how cursed the Blue Jackets are, they might be on the list of the top 30 cities that NHL players won't go to.

If word gets out about how cursed the Blue Jackets are, they might be on the list of the top 30 cities that NHL players won't go to.

PRO: You'll get overpaid like crazy if you agree to sign there.

CON: If you don't get traded to the Kings quickly enough, you might die.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Any truth to the rumor that Horton tried to veto the trade to Toronto because he didn't want his dead cap space to have to deal with the pressure of a major media market? "That spreadsheet cell feels like it's in a fishbowl sometimes," Horton was alleged to have said.

Carolina's been feast or famine over the last decade- miss the playoffs or get to at worse the East Finals

I remember watching a Pens-Canes game the year after their latest run. The announcer (obviously) talked about it being a rematch of the conference finals the last season, and I realized that I completely forgot that the Canes were even in the playoffs that year.

It's going to be odd seeing Curtis Lazar lining up against Tomas Hertl tonight, since they're actually the same person.

Sharks apparently looking for a goalie (per fearthefin.com). I guess that means Niemi contract extension is most likely a no go or at the very least tonight's game is his final audition to impress enough to keep him. Niemi is expected to be the starting goalie tonight, but if Stalock is in, you know something might be happening behind the scenes.

I'm not sure about Niemi, and I think Stalock is better than some fans are giving him credit for. I don't if Lockdown is starter-ready yet, but Niemi played great on Thursday only to be fooled by Datsyukian backhand, which is fine because Datsyuk is just insanely good.

I'm just wondering if the Sharks don't want a rental player Who would the Sharks get if they trade away Niemi? Because with Grosenick on IR that would leave Stalock as the goalie, who would back him up or who would he back up? Apparently Vancouver is kind of mixed of Miller, but is Miller better than Niemi, at least in terms of this season? Cam Ward might be a fit, but wouldn't he be the definition of a rental player?

What the heck, Give Stalock a chance and send up Aaron Dell, who is apparently on hot streak to back him up. Sign a skill forward and D-man to take Burns' spot and move Burns to the top line. Do something to get the team out of the funk.

Couture fined $5K for slew foot.

Note: the Sharks will be wearing their Stadium Series sweaters tonight, per their twitter account. The Sharks are 0-5-2 in the month of February, with tonight their last opportunity for a home win in February.

Archived